+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a Joke

What a Joke

What a joke !! Forget the money - Vokes for Crouch absolutely pathetic. Hope there is something else in the next few hours. We would have been better keeping Sam and forgetting Crouch. PC one for the future at only 38 this will really appease the fans. And there goes Austin to Cardiff a proven goal scorer and we are no where near him. You know this dithering about is extremely risky especially if our results just take a minor turn for the worse. I realise us fans can do nothing more that support our team but such resolve will test the patience of many. Expections are that the team needs some refreshing even if they do not play from the start.

IF the window ends up with us selling Vokes and bringing in only Crouch, the Burnley fans reaction will be furious.

… and it really would be beyond a joke.

People at my brother work in Hebden Bridge are laughing at us!! This is probably due to wages and Garlick and co not paying them. So now we get an old bloke who can't run to terrify premier league defences and get behind the defenders etc !!! In our dreams; better to have taken a punt on a youngster than this option. Without pace on the wings to get cross in I don't see Crouch offering anything at all. So, where's the pacy Wingers???
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 31-01-2019 at 04:36 PM.

It's not often I am lost for words, but WTF?

I really love the transfer windows. All media driven to get fans uptight about absolutely nothing and succeeds every time.
    I never bother to tune in to any of it, there really is no need, because you can go on to any message board and look at all the moans and groans about this and that and it does not make one blind bit of difference.

I am going out on a limb here but I have always thought that Crouch is one of the most underrated strikers ever to play for England. I honestly think he will be an asset.
    In addition to Crouch the £9m will be used to close another player who will be announced later tonight

This Could be a clever bit of business ..Why be so negative about it! £8 million for a striker who isnt scoring or playing games is massive! And in return, as well as the money, we get someone who fits our long ball forward/balls into the box gameplay style perfectly! And he's arguably the best player to have up front if your playing long balls! Give him a chance, see what its like after a few games! Hes only going to be used as a sub Anyway and probably knows that.. Let's face it,Sam has been a great servant for us over the years ,but obviously wanted first team football,not being saton the bench for 80 minutes.. I wish him all the best in his future career..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I really love the transfer windows. All media driven to get fans uptight about absolutely nothing and succeeds every time.
    I never bother to tune in to any of it, there really is no need, because you can go on to any message board and look at all the moans and groans about this and that and it does not make one blind bit of difference.
    Supersub I do not disagree with your particular message. However, I am sure you can understand/appreciate supporters offering their thoughts and opinions.

Based on the facts Vokes for Crouch is totally underwhelming for this window. Austin is clearly available along with others. It is a massive risk if this becomes the only deal we do. Crouch had his chance to come to Burnley and he decided to go elsewhere - that was his prerogative - but for us now is just a stupid move.

Haven't Cardiff signed Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I am going out on a limb here but I have always thought that Crouch is one of the most underrated strikers ever to play for England. I honestly think he will be an asset.
    In addition to Crouch the £9m will be used to close another player who will be announced later tonight
    We have to give Wolves 25% of the Vokes sale profit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)