+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What a Joke

Up to the last five minutes Austin has NOT signed for Cardiff as Saints do not want to offload him to a rival club. Crouch is obviously going to be used as an impact player, as Wood and Barnes now look like being the front two to start. The deal is only until the end of the season anyway. .If any player is unhappy at a club as Vokes clearly is , then there is only one solution. Crouch is reasonably fit and more skilful than what people give him credit for. I know he’s 38 years old but he still has a point to prove. If he scores a few goals between now and the end of the season, what will the experts on here be saying then ? The least you can do is give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Up to the last five minutes Austin has NOT signed for Cardiff as Saints do not want to offload him to a rival club. Crouch is obviously going to be used as an impact player, as Wood and Barnes now look like being the front two to start. The deal is only until the end of the season anyway. .If any player is unhappy at a club as Vokes clearly is , then there is only one solution. Crouch is reasonably fit and more skilful than what people give him credit for. I know he’s 38 years old but he still has a point to prove. If he scores a few goals between now and the end of the season, what will the experts on here be saying then ? The least you can do is give him a chance.
    If He Scores a goal,...Knowing Dyche, and our subs choice,....He will probably be about 49 By that time !!

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Supersub I do not disagree with your particular message. However, I am sure you can understand/appreciate supporters offering their thoughts and opinions.

Based on the facts Vokes for Crouch is totally underwhelming for this window. Austin is clearly available along with others. It is a massive risk if this becomes the only deal we do. Crouch had his chance to come to Burnley and he decided to go elsewhere - that was his prerogative - but for us now is just a stupid move.
    Lancaster, I fully understand fans getting uptight and offering their views, in fact, that is all that I am doing except I don't get uptight about anything, not least anything to do with modern football. In spite of having run my own business in the past for over 20 years, I also do not think that I can do the recruitment job any better than those doing it because I know nothing about it, apart from having had to deal with agents in my other job as a musician and I do not have a good word to say about any of them.
    Just my opinion and I don't get uptight with those with differing opinions so feel free.

I agree with Malwayne.It seems a sensible deal to me.Sam clearly was not happy being just a squad player and we received a very good offer for him.It leaves us a bit short up front if Wood gets injured and as a stop-gap or a late sub Crouch is a good addition for the rest of the season.We have now added to our dry powder and,hopefully,our new recruitment team will be able to help us make a few changes in the summer.Have faith.

10-15 year ago a good signing but at 38 and Vokes going the other way wtf is going on. Stoke must be laughing their c0cks off they get a very good target man who can score goals we get a few quid (hopefully) & Crouch who was past it 5 year ago, only thing he still has is his height so its looking like more lump it to a big man is on the way.
    We have also have a 12m bid for che adams rejected, the board need to be quick to get that 12m and 1 quid bid in and get that one over the line now.
    I give up if Crouch is the sum total of our incomings

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    10-15 year ago a good signing but at 38 and Vokes going the other way wtf is going on. Stoke must be laughing their c0cks off they get a very good target man who can score goals we get a few quid (hopefully) & Crouch who was past it 5 year ago, only thing he still has is his height so its looking like more lump it to a big man is on the way.
    We have also have a 12m bid for che adams rejected, the board need to be quick to get that 12m and 1 quid bid in and get that one over the line now.
    I give up if Crouch is the sum total of our incomings
    Whitty like you and many others are probably thinking "is that it - is it the best we can do!!!". I think if that is it the directors may get a lot of stick on Saturday if they do not then they are lucky!. What has happened to all our prem payments - is it just in the bank or are the directors getting all the interest - which will be significant amount.

I am disgusted with the lack of effort by all the administrators of the club. What is the point of appointing Rigg. We are becoming a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Whitty like you and many others are probably thinking "is that it - is it the best we can do!!!". I think if that is it the directors may get a lot of stick on Saturday if they do not then they are lucky!. What has happened to all our prem payments - is it just in the bank or are the directors getting all the interest - which will be significant amount.

I am disgusted with the lack of effort by all the administrators of the club. What is the point of appointing Rigg. We are becoming a complete joke.
    Becoming one, We All ready are !!

Well according to the guy at the turf from sky we are now closed for business and there will be no more activity we have given up on Adams. nothing against Crouch, played in the right way he will get a few goals and give defenders a torrid time but he is a 10-15 minute cameo at best. If Wood or Barnes end up out for a month what then expect Crouch to do 90 minutes week in week out or do we throw waste of money Vydra in and give up hope on getting a goal. I don't know about anybody else but I would prefer to have Sam in that scenario. How many windows is that now where we haven't really moved forward.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Well according to the guy at the turf from sky we are now closed for business and there will be no more activity we have given up on Adams. nothing against Crouch, played in the right way he will get a few goals and give defenders a torrid time but he is a 10-15 minute cameo at best. If Wood or Barnes end up out for a month what then expect Crouch to do 90 minutes week in week out or do we throw waste of money Vydra in and give up hope on getting a goal. I don't know about anybody else but I would prefer to have Sam in that scenario. How many windows is that now where we haven't really moved forward.
    Most.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)