+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby becoming a Laughing Stock

Draggin' on - well I'm not the one on a rivals board that keeps banging on about it

Rule 3.2 section 2

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Okay mate let me explain this through LUFC eyes and most sane football fans eyes who don't hate LEEDS just because they are LEEDS.

No law was broken.....NO LAW was BROKEN. Snooping isn't kosher in the British game although we all know it goes on.
    MB has managed in countries where this isn't a problem. It was explained to him it isn't done the so called British way. He said he was sorry and explained he's been doing it to all clubs.....you are not unique! Hardly the guilty man. It's been explained we don't do that thing in this country.......but we all do. They cannot persecute him for some thing he didn't think he was doing wrong and broke NO LAW. He didn't have to apologize to no one, but he's not that kind of person. The British game is riddled with cheats......over to you.
    If you go back through my posts on various threads on here regarding various aspects of the 2 games against you this season, you will see comments like "you were the better side" and "deserved the 3 points". Your sides of the 70s and early 90s that had success were an anathema to me dislaying all the traits I dislike about the game. They could play football extremely well, don't get me wrong. but it is my opinion that, had they spent less time trying to influence the ref and less time kicking the opponents off the park and more time on playing the game they would have won far more silverware than they did. The current crop are also very good players. Not yet the standard of the 70s and 90s but they can grow. They also show signs of the 70s and 90s cynicism. IMO the worst if them all was "Gentleman" Johnny Giles. Nasty piece of work doing all his dirty stuff off the ball. Studs down the calf. A dig in the kidneys. All designed to goad the opposition player into retaliation and a sending off. I hope they cut that out. Jack Clarke was excellent against us. A young man with a huge future if he carries on developing. That's what it is with your sides, regardless of how good they are, there is always a but..... I hope this lot don't develop the "harder" side of their game any further. You see, it's not all hate/dislike. We do appreciate the good things about your team as well.

Back to Spygate. I have no idea what the FA/EFL will do about it. They have not yet said what, if anything, Bielsa might be charged with. This is the point where I agree with you. Bielsa has NOT broken any specific rule or Law. None of which I am aware at any rate and I am a qualified ref....... There is talk of a Charter that all clubs signed in the summer. It is said, I don't know either way, that "Spygate" contravenes one of the clauses in that Charter. If true, I would have expected the club and/or Bielsa to have been charged with that contravention by now so I rule that out. That brings us back to your question of "what can/could he be cgarged with". The only thing I can come up with is the following..... it is impossible to comprehensively list all of the actions that are unwanted in the game. As new "unacceptables" arise, they can be added. I expect spying in this particular manner to be added sooner rather than later. To cover these previous unknowns, there is the all encompassing charge of "bringing the game into disrepute". How does this fit the action? IMO this type of action is not sportsmanlike and that is, again IMO, the only thing with which club or manager could be charged.

If charged then I am quite sure that the verdict will be guilty based on what we know and that is that it happened. Bielsa has said so. He has also said he had done it for every opponent this season. That shows some honesty. What punishment if charged and found guilty? I don't think a points deduction would be the right way to go. That would hit the players and the fans for the Manager's actions. Another question is were the heirarchy aware of what he was doing. If not the club may well get off any punishment. Bielsa himself? I would expect a guilty verdict to bring a fine and maybe a touchline ban.

Do I like your club? Most definitely not. Does that mean I am blind to facts and narrow in how I view things? No. I hope you see the above as a reasoned setting out of the siituation, the possibilities and where it could lead. I hope that all future opponents will not be "spied" upon as that would really be asking for trouble from the footballing authorities.

To close, as I have also said in other posts on this forum, until very recently we had the drop on you. Something like 11 straight wins against you. You didn't have a bad team but you couldn't play against us. With the team and tactics Bielsa has put together, we can't play against you. We could play you every week between now and Christmas and still wouldn't score. It's that simple.

To close even further, the trash we've read from Leeds fans recently reminds me of the phrase, 'If there's one thing worse than sore losers, it's sore winners'. Been like it since I first became a football fan, will be like it til the bomb drops
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 02-02-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Its getting pretty childish on our part tbh

We needed a centre back and end up getting Central Midefielder to add to the 20 we already have.... it is Derby we're talking about here

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Its getting pretty childish on our part tbh

We needed a centre back and end up getting Central Midefielder to add to the 20 we already have.... it is Derby we're talking about here
    Wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Wrong thread!
    Not necessarily if he is thinking that our not being able to sign players we both want and need might fit the thread title.

I suspect DCFCA and "thinking" are only very distant kissing cousins, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If you go back through my posts on various threads on here regarding various aspects of the 2 games against you this season, you will see comments like "you were the better side" and "deserved the 3 points". Your sides of the 70s and early 90s that had success were an anathema to me dislaying all the traits I dislike about the game. They could play football extremely well, don't get me wrong. but it is my opinion that, had they spent less time trying to influence the ref and less time kicking the opponents off the park and more time on playing the game they would have won far more silverware than they did. The current crop are also very good players. Not yet the standard of the 70s and 90s but they can grow. They also show signs of the 70s and 90s cynicism. IMO the worst if them all was "Gentleman" Johnny Giles. Nasty piece of work doing all his dirty stuff off the ball. Studs down the calf. A dig in the kidneys. All designed to goad the opposition player into retaliation and a sending off. I hope they cut that out. Jack Clarke was excellent against us. A young man with a huge future if he carries on developing. That's what it is with your sides, regardless of how good they are, there is always a but..... I hope this lot don't develop the "harder" side of their game any further. You see, it's not all hate/dislike. We do appreciate the good things about your team as well.

Back to Spygate. I have no idea what the FA/EFL will do about it. They have not yet said what, if anything, Bielsa might be charged with. This is the point where I agree with you. Bielsa has NOT broken any specific rule or Law. None of which I am aware at any rate and I am a qualified ref....... There is talk of a Charter that all clubs signed in the summer. It is said, I don't know either way, that "Spygate" contravenes one of the clauses in that Charter. If true, I would have expected the club and/or Bielsa to have been charged with that contravention by now so I rule that out. That brings us back to your question of "what can/could he be cgarged with". The only thing I can come up with is the following..... it is impossible to comprehensively list all of the actions that are unwanted in the game. As new "unacceptables" arise, they can be added. I expect spying in this particular manner to be added sooner rather than later. To cover these previous unknowns, there is the all encompassing charge of "bringing the game into disrepute". How does this fit the action? IMO this type of action is not sportsmanlike and that is, again IMO, the only thing with which club or manager could be charged.

If charged then I am quite sure that the verdict will be guilty based on what we know and that is that it happened. Bielsa has said so. He has also said he had done it for every opponent this season. That shows some honesty. What punishment if charged and found guilty? I don't think a points deduction would be the right way to go. That would hit the players and the fans for the Manager's actions. Another question is were the heirarchy aware of what he was doing. If not the club may well get off any punishment. Bielsa himself? I would expect a guilty verdict to bring a fine and maybe a touchline ban.

Do I like your club? Most definitely not. Does that mean I am blind to facts and narrow in how I view things? No. I hope you see the above as a reasoned setting out of the siituation, the possibilities and where it could lead. I hope that all future opponents will not be "spied" upon as that would really be asking for trouble from the footballing authorities.

To close, as I have also said in other posts on this forum, until very recently we had the drop on you. Something like 11 straight wins against you. You didn't have a bad team but you couldn't play against us. With the team and tactics Bielsa has put together, we can't play against you. We could play you every week between now and Christmas and still wouldn't score. It's that simple.

To close even further, the trash we've read from Leeds fans recently reminds me of the phrase, 'If there's one thing worse than sore losers, it's sore winners'. Been like it since I first became a football fan, will be like it til the bomb drops

Thanks for this, a decent reply and good read. First we both agree on one thing we dislike each other's team

Sick to the back teeth to be honest about folk dragging up the late sixties, early seventies LUFC. 40 odd years ago for God sake. You was around them days like myself, the game was much, much better all, ALL teams had proper men playing a good old working class game, so NO I don't buy yours or anyone's else worn out to death dirty LEEDS, a name given by our old pals the London and scumchester press, hey it worked though and has stuck....so carry on, we actually enjoy it now, nostalgia and all that. What's the Genesis line.......the story grows hazy and the legends come through.

Back on track. The EFL & FA will dig up something to chastise us. We all know this, its become a farce. Points taken off us is laugh but the haters would absolutely love it to happen.....never IMO.....but it's LUFC versus EFL/FA so who knows.
    Sore winners? Whatever mate, your dislike for us has blinded you all these years. Take a good look about.
    I met JG many times when he was in Vancouver a real gentleman and a fantastic player. Any club any league would have snapped him up if came available in his prime. No dibate there.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Thanks for this, a decent reply and good read. First we both agree on one thing we dislike each other's team

Sick to the back teeth to be honest about folk dragging up the late sixties, early seventies LUFC. 40 odd years ago for God sake. You was around them days like myself, the game was much, much better all, ALL teams had proper men playing a good old working class game, so NO I don't buy yours or anyone's else worn out to death dirty LEEDS, a name given by our old pals the London and scumchester press, hey it worked though and has stuck....so carry on, we actually enjoy it now, nostalgia and all that. What's the Genesis line.......the story grows hazy and the legends come through.

Back on track. The EFL & FA will dig up something to chastise us. We all know this, its become a farce. Points taken off us is laugh but the haters would absolutely love it to happen.....never IMO.....but it's LUFC versus EFL/FA so who knows.
    Sore winners? Whatever mate, your dislike for us has blinded you all these years. Take a good look about.
    I met JG many times when he was in Vancouver a real gentleman and a fantastic player. Any club any league would have snapped him up if came available in his prime. No dibate there.
    Just glad we sent your Leed's dossier to Norwich this week it worked brilliantly

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Just glad we sent your Leed's dossier to Norwich this week it worked brilliantly
    Don’t seem to have done so well since the ‘spying’ incident do they mista? Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I'd be a bit more worried about your own outfit then dwelling on our loss. Any chance in letting us know when they will be deducting the points from us? I'm on my seat edge and everything.
    Ohhh!......we can still see you from your see-through private fence.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)