+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the ambition?

Where is the ambition?

Do our hapless Board of Directors actually want us to be relegated?

I try to empathise, I try to understand the reality, but WTF is going on?

Just enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.. Anyway Crouch can't do much worse than Sam this season .. He will be ideal for all our long balls..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

i Would think so Yes!! ...They are So much out of their depth ,....They have not got a clue ,..What to do !!

It really is scraping the barrel.I cannot believe what I am reading.Peter Crouch WTF.Why don`t we just assemble all the old and past it peripheral England players.It seriously is a joke of a recruitment policy.This is what Rigg brings to the table?
    Jesus wept we are the laughing stock of the PL.I stick to my prediction of relegated by April having looked at the fixture list.

We will not be relegated and as I have said on another thread Crouch is a good short term replacement for Sam.We have some talent now coming through from Gawthorpe and it buys time for the new recruitment team to do some business in the summer.I also imagine that in the summer we will add to our dry powder by sellling either Hart or Pope.

There isn't any ambition,
    The league does t want us in it and our board are doing their level best to give them what they want.

I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket again and just picking and choosing games next year if we really aren't i interested in having a go.

Stoke fans tribute .they loved him..

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...-crouch?page=1

post 436/437 his goals

I heard you were wanting to bring back Leighton James too

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I heard you were wanting to bring back Leighton James too
    Please just let us suffer on our own oldtimer? We really do not need other club's supporters kicking us when we are down.

I posted on another thread BT what Kilby had said about the risk of relegation, this is the full quote.

"The principal risk to the group is the possibility of the football club’s relegation from the Premier League and the associated reduction in turnover this would bring. This risk is managed by incorporating clauses into player contracts which would lead to a significant reduction in player salaries in the event of relegation."

They think they have that risk 'managed' by relegation clauses in player contracts. So while I don't really think they 'want' us to be relegated, it seems they're quite relaxed about it, they have the risk covered, so why worry, keep the powder dry. This could also partly explain why we have such problems in the transfer market, I can't imagine players, or especially their agents, falling over themselves to agree to relegation clauses in their contracts which significantly reduce their salaries.
    Last edited by sinkov; 01-02-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)