+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr h

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    This seems very strange, just makes you wonder who has bank rolled the transfer window? could AH be just a mouthpiece?

Or in need of a codpiece???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Within 4 weeks??????
    Well that's what Scoop Curtis says so....it must be true!

It's time the myth was buried that bad refereeing in the playoff semi wrecked NCFC's progress. Had Notts been promoted through the playoffs, they would have been so far behind the rest of league one, they would have been a laughing stock. Even more than they are now. After all, Nolan would have seen a win against Cov as confirming his judgment of 'good players'.
    And before we get too triumphalist, let's be realistic. We lost to Macclesfield and Cambridge - both of them 6 pointers. Not only will catching them take at least 5 brilliant wins, they're hardly standing still themselves. WE need to win 10 out of 17.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It's time the myth was buried that bad refereeing in the playoff semi wrecked NCFC's progress. Had Notts been promoted through the playoffs, they would have been so far behind the rest of league one, they would have been a laughing stock. Even more than they are now. After all, Nolan would have seen a win against Cov as confirming his judgment of 'good players'.
    And before we get too triumphalist, let's be realistic. We lost to Macclesfield and Cambridge - both of them 6 pointers. Not only will catching them take at least 5 brilliant wins, they're hardly standing still themselves. WE need to win 10 out of 17.
    If only it were a myth! Three goals not even dubious, the penalty and two off-sides in the second leg. Maybe we wouldn't have won but there's no doubt it played a part.

No-one knows how we would have done, what players we would have signed etc.

I don't think we need to look at the other teams, no matter how they are doing at the moment. I think 8 wins and 3 draws would get us very close, but let's aim to get something from every game and see where it takes us.

I honestly believe that AH is just a rich County fan who although by no means perfect came into the club with the best intentions & would hate to go down in history as the owner who took us out of the league. Let's be honest most of us have had the dream where we have enough money to buy the club & lead them to success, very few of us dream of buying the club, investing our money, only to see us struggling against relegation & some of the fanbase turn against them. As an owner I have never been a fan of AHs but as a fan I struggle to fault him!!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    On the other hand if we had gone up, instead of AH wanting to play nice football he might have left Nolan to carry on playing the way we had all season that won us promotion and the way he new best.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I honestly believe that AH is just a rich County fan
    Can we put this to bed. He was NOT a Notts County fan. I don't think he ever has said he was. He didn't even know what Lifeline was until recently. His clubs are Eastwood and Liverpool. He was no more a Pie than RT was. Not that it really made or makes any difference but he's not a rich you or me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    On the other hand if we had gone up, instead of AH wanting to play nice football he might have left Nolan to carry on playing the way we had all season that won us promotion and the way he new best.
    And if we'd gone up then almost regardless of anything else we would not be fighting for league survival this season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123