+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday

Team for Saturday

With Doyle having a medical and the deal goes through what will the team for Lincoln game be?

NA implied a back 4 in his prezza..
    Schofield
    Destroyer-Barcs-Stubbs-Evina
    Alles-Doyle-O’Brein-Enzio
    CMS - Stead or Gomis

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Schofield
    CMS - Stead or Gomis
    Bit Harsh on Bird in my opinion. don't think Barclay has showed himself to be any better than Bird. depending whether Stubbs is left or right footed ( im going to guess right footed) then I would pick Bird for that reason too.

The fact that we could debate this is a great sign... some may argue about Hemmings being in, Keller when he is fit.
    The fact that we have more strength in depth means we give ourselves a fighting chance of survival.

I'd go for the following if all fit:

Schofield

Toots - Barclay - Stubbs - Evina

Rose - Doyle - O'Brien

CMS - Enzio

Hemmings

If not all fit as suspected:

Schofield

Rose - Barclay - Stubbs - Evina

O'Brien - Doyle - Vaughan

CMS - Gomis

Stead

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Schofield
    CMS - Stead or Gomis
    sorry, who is 'Destroyer'

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    sorry, who is 'Destroyer'
    Rose I believe was described as that by Ardley so going tonplump for Rose

I'd be surprised if Duffy doesn't play to be honest, you need someone with his experience in the back four if the rest are inexperienced youngsters

I think we're most likely to play

Schofield

Rose Stubbs Duffy Jones/Evina

O'Brien Doyle Milsom/Vaughan/Hewitt

Enzio Stead CMS

I don't think Ardley will want to throw everyone in at once and players like Stead and Milsom or Vaughan will keep their places because of that, no idea if Tootle is fit at the moment, if he is I'd play him right back and Rose in midfield with O'Brien and Doyle but again, I don't think it would be wise to just throw everyone in at once when most (or a few of them) will have only had one training session together

Eventually I'd like to see Gomis or Hemmings starting upfront, Rose, Doyle and O'Brien in midfield and Tootle at right back but it might be a couple of games before we get to see everyone in full flow.

.......Schofield
    Rose Barclay Duffy Bird
    Allessandra Doyle O'Brien Enzio
    .....CMS Gomis

Pure guess of course. If Hemmings was fit I'd play him on the left and Enzo on the bench. Or if Tootle is fit, push Rose into right midfield.
    No way should that collection of players be going to the Vanarama, there's a few decent line ups with that squad.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    .......Schofield
    Rose Barclay Duffy Bird
    Allessandra Doyle O'Brien Enzio
    .....CMS Gomis

Pure guess of course. If Hemmings was fit I'd play him on the left and Enzo on the bench. Or if Tootle is fit, push Rose into right midfield.
    No way should that collection of players be going to the Vanarama, there's a few decent line ups with that squad.
    Curious as to why you'd rather play a probably unfit striker over a probably unfit winger on the wing? Hemmings would be fine in a 4-3-3 but I wouldn't play him in a 4 man midfield personally

Don't think Allessandra is great on the wing either to be honest, he's far better in the middle behind the strikers which is why he looked like a new signing when he played there earlier in the season compared to his bang average performances we'd seen previously, the problem with him is that Hartlepool could afford to play to his strengths because he was one of their best players, we struggle to play with a formation that allows him (and Kellett) to be at his best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast