+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The end of the saga

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    RUFC are a soft touch,and with Warne in charge we have become even softer,that team needs a couple of yard dogs in the side,not the mister nice guys what we have got at the moment,thanks to PW.
    Clearly the budget isn't great , that's just a fact of life but I believed you had a realistic chance of avoiding the drop if you could add two or three in this window .

Football will always need a certain amount of speculating if you are to be successful in your goals .

The loan market offered that but without the long term commitment and that's really surprised me in all honesty that you haven't got some deals done .

Winnall and Butterfield were two players that were well within your capabilities in my opinion .

The lack of ambition shown by the club I love is absolutely unbelievable. TS stated publicly that if the manager came to him asking for funds to sign particular players he would provide it. So either the manager hasn't asked or TS didn't come up trumps. You takes your pick

Unless there has been a very late signing, It doesn't surprise me, no-one has come in on deadline day.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the current squad is good enough to stay up.
    Not sure if Warney is the main one to blame for no one coming in. It will be down to money, and TS holds the purse strings.
    I wasn't expecting us to break the bank, but a fresh face or 2 might have given us a bit more hope.

I hear the club is going to extend the idea of the New York Stadium by building a replica of the Statue of Liberty in the car park.

To keep it authentic it’s also going to have the plaque that goes with it.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

As a testament to our transfer policy

TS has always backed us which ever manager we have had so for me it's rather PW having no bottle to spend the money or it's the Forgotten man PD the chief exec been a terrible nogotiater.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    TS has always backed us which ever manager we have had so for me it's rather PW having no bottle to spend the money or it's the Forgotten man PD the chief exec been a terrible nogotiater.
    Being as we had same issue with Evans and Stubbs I’m going to say it’s Douglas

Doesn't look like the Winnall to Sunderland loan deal went through after all .

Quote Originally Posted by ackworth miller View Post
    Same old, same old. TS said in his interview last Friday that we'll sign 2, 3 or 4 players in addition to Crooks. What happens: no players. We fight so hard to get out of league one and not even an ounce of intent in our transfer dealings to stay in the Championship. An absolute disgrace.
    So true

He put an update on before that one, first time I’ve felt sorry for Warney who can’t be blamed for not getting the signings.

Imo we have already got some good players and I’ll continue supporting them but it’s now time for the management to step up and take a good look at why we haven’t been doing so well lately.

Yes one up front can work but they seriously need the other players to help out.
    Don’t sit back when we go one up, it rarely works.

Don’t put Vyner at RB again, if Jones can’t be there then I’d sooner have Ihiekwe.

Management need to look at the games again and be honest with why we didn’t win, get another opinion other than yourselves

Seriously have a plan B/C but just get it sorted now.

Bring it on!!!

What happened to Warnes Mother Terresa test for players? The premier league winger wants to sit and warm the bench indeed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast