+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The end of the saga

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He put an update on before that one, first time I’ve felt sorry for Warney who can’t be blamed for not getting the signings.

Imo we have already got some good players and I’ll continue supporting them but it’s now time for the management to step up and take a good look at why we haven’t been doing so well lately.

Yes one up front can work but they seriously need the other players to help out.
    Don’t sit back when we go one up, it rarely works.

Don’t put Vyner at RB again, if Jones can’t be there then I’d sooner have Ihiekwe.

Management need to look at the games again and be honest with why we didn’t win, get another opinion other than yourselves

Seriously have a plan B/C but just get it sorted now.

Bring it on!!!
    Also it would be nice if Warney and co stopped reminding us that other teams are better than us and support the lads

Our league position and recent form can't have helped. Prem winger didn't fancy a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Also it would be nice if Warney and co stopped reminding us that other teams are better than us and support the lads
    Spot on millertop. He shows far too much respect.

I think we're better equipped to escape than the other clubs at the bottom and I'm not convinced their signings will make much difference except possibly Reading.
    If we had our injured players back we are better in my view. I've spoken to quite a few fans of other club such as Leeds, SUFC, SWFC, QPR, PNE and they all say we are by far the best of those at the bottom and can't understand why we're struggling.

Need maximum points off the next two relegation rivals though. No room for error

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Well it’s over and we have done nothing, nada, zilch, zero, sweet FA, nought.

It’s beyond ridiculous. Just feel as though we’ve been strung along.
    We have an injury hit team, players such as Ball, out on loan playing elsewhere. Surely that would at least give us another option up front?

Fortunately no one left but that will doubtless happen in the summer.

Yes I know we can’t afford the wages but why not be honest about it instead of false hope.

The way football is going if we are not prepared to invest we will get left behind and find it difficult to compete, even in the league below.

Don’t get me wrong we have a good team. The problem is that the squad is paper thin and should any more players get injured we are really up against it, with a real tough set of fixtures coming up. It would be a real achievement to stay up now, but I don’t see any evidence to suggest we wouldn’t be treading water again next season.

If we are in saving money mode, why have a Director of Recruitment?

It’s all about money now so no investment = no chance.

Without significant investment we are a league 1 team at best.

As is often said in business, “ If you stand still you go backwards”.
    Did you conveniently forget about Matt Crooks !!!

We are what we are and I understand supporters frustrations.
    We are out of the bottom 3 without playing well for a while now consistently.
    All we can do is get behind the team and as millertop said get some noise in the stadium at home.
    We can’t just give in let’s hope for 3 points tomorrow.
    UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I think we're better equipped to escape than the other clubs at the bottom and I'm not convinced their signings will make much difference except possibly Reading.
    If we had our injured players back we are better in my view. I've spoken to quite a few fans of other club such as Leeds, SUFC, SWFC, QPR, PNE and they all say we are by far the best of those at the bottom and can't understand why we're struggling.

Need maximum points off the next two relegation rivals though. No room for error
    We are down there struggling because,we have to many players in the team who consistently make individual mistakes,and that as been our downfall with this group of players,but at the end of the day it is a well known fact,that you finish in the league,with the budget that you are working with,so on that assumption,we are over achieving,to say i am sick about what has happened in this transfer window,is an under statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    We are what we are and I understand supporters frustrations.
    We are out of the bottom 3 without playing well for a while now consistently.
    All we can do is get behind the team and as millertop said get some noise in the stadium at home.
    We can’t just give in let’s hope for 3 points tomorrow.
    UTM.
    PW wont give in,he will keep doing his best with the squad he as got,BUT he had the chance to do something about it,and he as failed,you can only try to get blood out of a stone,but the end result is the same,you fail.

With the "individual mistakes" problem, SE would have sent that player on loan to Bury (we can't do that now anyway), or with other previous managers it would have been a case of "If you can't get it right, I'm going to give a young lad out of the reserves / youth team a chance" - Warney won't do that either.

When Warne got the managers job, I said he needed a old hand to guide him through the
    process, I mentioned John Ward a respected old manager, to me better than having Barker
    has the number 2.
    Barker should be advising Warne to go for the juglar now & play 2 up front to try & gain points,
    Smithy must be getting fed up with ploughing a lone furrow & having no forward up front with
    him, which we had the same when Revell was at the club, again the lone striker.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast