+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The end of the saga

ITS NOT THE END OF THE SAGA THOUGH IS IT?

There is at least one more chapter.....Leon Clarke to bag Wigan a last minute winner a week on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Our league position and recent form can't have helped. Prem winger didn't fancy a relegation battle.
    This.

Plus people want deals for a few years. I suspect, a big part of the problem is we don't want another Blackstock picking up a fortune for no work in a league where we can't afford it. Once bitten and all that.

Problem is it shows a lack of confidence that we can get out of it. If I were a player with a short shelf life, I'd want as much cash guaranteeded for me and mine for as long as possible. Can't blame Warne for that.

Agree on the underdog comments though. We can be that but lets talk ourselves up a bit rather than demotivcating ourselves to get beaten by all these better teams. You can be a better team. You just have to be more than the sum of your parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    When Warne got the managers job, I said he needed a old hand to guide him through the
    process, I mentioned John Ward a respected old manager, to me better than having Barker
    has the number 2.
    Barker should be advising Warne to go for the juglar now & play 2 up front to try & gain points,
    Smithy must be getting fed up with ploughing a lone furrow & having no forward up front with
    him, which we had the same when Revell was at the club, again the lone striker.

Eric you said, 'Barker should be advising Warne to go for the juglar now & play 2 up front to try & gain points'.

Don't be daft. Barker will just sit back and let Warne take all the flak. Remind me again what Barker has achieved in management? Warne needs a stronger number 2 by his side but that's too late now as they've formed a bond that Warne would never break.

Could you imagine Warne/Evans partnership? At least the football might be more entertaining with a gung ho attitude towards games. Of course this would never happen as Warne couldn't stand Evans style of Management, and there's no revolving door on players now at the club. But, who offered the better attacking formations, Warne or Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Eric you said, 'Barker should be advising Warne to go for the juglar now & play 2 up front to try & gain points'.

Don't be daft. Barker will just sit back and let Warne take all the flak. Remind me again what Barker has achieved in management? Warne needs a stronger number 2 by his side but that's too late now as they've formed a bond that Warne would never break.

Could you imagine Warne/Evans partnership? At least the football might be more entertaining with a gung ho attitude towards games. Of course this would never happen as Warne couldn't stand Evans style of Management, and there's no revolving door on players now at the club. But, who offered the better attacking formations, Warne or Evans?
    Barker has the same number of promotions as a manager as warne _ one. Although knill had probably done the ground work at bury, officially barker was promotion manager. Alarmingly barkers managerial reigns always end with significant winless streaks, without goals. You could argue this suggests no plan B, once plan A is sussed.

Grumps

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    So has he signed for Bradford City for the rest of the season? Wasn't clear on the Bradford City website yesterday. Also - do Bray, Yates, Ihiekwe now stay with us for the rest of the season?
    Yes mike they will stay here because nobody else thinks they are good enough, and im sure thats why we didnt make any additions in the last week or so because its been a case of if we dont move players out ie Yates, Ihiekwe, Bray, or any number of fringe players we cant afford to bring anybody in, and i think that is nearer the truth than rest of BULLSH*T. Another very dissapointed Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Our league position and recent form can't have helped. Prem winger didn't fancy a relegation battle.
    As Jim Royle would have said "premier league winger MY AR*E"

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Yes mike they will stay here because nobody else thinks they are good enough, and im sure thats why we didnt make any additions in the last week or so because its been a case of if we dont move players out ie Yates, Ihiekwe, Bray, or any number of fringe players we cant afford to bring anybody in, and i think that is nearer the truth than rest of BULLSH*T. Another very dissapointed Miller.
    I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head Archie. TS said in the last transfer window that one would have to go out for one to come in so it's unlikely that situation would have changed by January.
    In reality most of our fringe players will be of little interest to other clubs because they're simply not good enough, so we're stuck with them, and the costs of employing them, to do very little or most probably nothing at all. Some people at the club thought they were good enough to be signed though!
    TS has said he is very happy with the current recruitment set up. Really? Perhaps you need to take another look Mr Stewart because from the outside it still doesn't look fit for purpose.

Yates, Bray and Ihiekwe loans had gone quite well though and those loans could probably have been extended - but we dithered about and were slow to try to bring anybody in, failed to achieve that, so then we needed them back as cover...so now we have the extra cost of players that are unlikely to start - could have been avoided

Weve had good times and maybe here come the bad..its always happened and it always will..its to be expected..thing is this time though, theyve told us where we're at..and thats probably gonna be for all time with this regime..im not knocking the manager or the chairman, they run the club as they see fit...but whats on the table for the fans except for looking around a nice stadium..this is it..theyre showing and telling us so...
    And its not the clubs fault either..the club is only as good as the people who run it..we may avoid rčlegation, which would be a great achievement given thursdays non event..which would only strengthen the viscious circle..."stayed up and didnt cost us ought"...
    At least we can look on the bright side and say weve got a nice stadium and we're told no money worries... 🤗

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345