+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the saga

The end of the saga

Paul Warne talks to www.themillers.co.uk...

Rotherham United boss Paul Warne has given a Deadline Day update following today’s attempts to strengthen his squad.

The Millers boss and his staff have worked right up to today’s 11pm deadline, but he conceded there would be no players signing or leaving the club.

Warne told www.themillers.co.uk:

“I agreed with a club to sign a winger from the Premier League earlier today, but the player in question decided to stay at his parent club, rather than come out and play games. That was disappointing but we have to respect his decision.

“We were close on a couple of other targets. One was very keen to come here, but another team came in higher up the division, so unfortunately it wasn’t to be.

"A number of opportunites have been explored fully throughout the window, but finding lads available of the right quality to strengthen our squad has not been easy.

“Whilst we were keen to strengthen, it was just as important to me that we didn’t lose anyone, despite interest in some of our players. We have kept hold of our main players, and with others to come back from injury, I know we have a great group here capable of competing in this league.

“We move on now and our focus turns to Millwall this weekend. We have trained well this week, the lads are in good spirits and we look forward to the challenge ahead.”

Club News Warne Deadline Day
    Advertisement block

Deadline day is a bit of a damp squib these days for everyone, hardly any big signings, no Harry Redknapp, leaning out of the car, not the same.

All a load of you know what.

Yep that's shallot! If we stay up now it will be a miracle.

No need to write a new script. Just change next opponents to Millwall. We will read exactly the same nonsense next January.

Going down
    Going down
    Going down

There's still free agents!

There's a sobering thought

I do wonder what’s point in renewing season ticket when the money clearly isn’t being reinvested. I know you support the club not the team but when you get transfer windows like this you do wonder (as tony Stewart would say) if your getting value for money.

Same old, same old. TS said in his interview last Friday that we'll sign 2, 3 or 4 players in addition to Crooks. What happens: no players. We fight so hard to get out of league one and not even an ounce of intent in our transfer dealings to stay in the Championship. An absolute disgrace.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast