+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the saga

We were close on a couple of targets blah blah fackin blah, the truth is we have never been close and he knows it. How can you come so close to signing so many players and never manage to get a deal done pathetic. TS has even come out this week and said that we have money to spend and PW is completely bottling it big style. Every club in the country who are fighting for something are singing players today apart from us ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I do wonder what’s point in renewing season ticket when the money clearly isn’t being reinvested. I know you support the club not the team but when you get transfer windows like this you do wonder (as tony Stewart would say) if your getting value for money.
    I don't think we are silly. But what will I do? Renew like 1000's of others. Tony knows that and is quite happy for us to sit in league 1 obscurity

Same again with the club, leaving everything to the last day, quite a few quality players
    have moved during the transfer window, the club should have already had a few players
    signed. Clubs such has Ipswich have been recruiting players to avoid the drop.
    Looks like the Millers will now be on the cliff edge of getting relegated, which would mean
    lower crowds at the NYS, plus less money from the lower league going into the coffers.
    I hope I'm wrong & the club can achieve stopping up in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I do wonder what’s point in renewing season ticket when the money clearly isn’t being reinvested. I know you support the club not the team but when you get transfer windows like this you do wonder (as tony Stewart would say) if your getting value for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ackworth miller View Post
    I don't think we are silly. But what will I do? Renew like 1000's of others. Tony knows that and is quite happy for us to sit in league 1 obscurity
    We're watching teams like Leeds, Villa, Derby so in some respects yes we do get value for money.
    Don't expect to see the likes of the above teams next season, make the best of the rest of this season and yes I will more than likely renew next season, people can always walk away and hit the club in the pocket ( revenue turnoverl U.T.M.

Well it’s over and we have done nothing, nada, zilch, zero, sweet FA, nought.

It’s beyond ridiculous. Just feel as though we’ve been strung along.
    We have an injury hit team, players such as Ball, out on loan playing elsewhere. Surely that would at least give us another option up front?

Fortunately no one left but that will doubtless happen in the summer.

Yes I know we can’t afford the wages but why not be honest about it instead of false hope.

The way football is going if we are not prepared to invest we will get left behind and find it difficult to compete, even in the league below.

Don’t get me wrong we have a good team. The problem is that the squad is paper thin and should any more players get injured we are really up against it, with a real tough set of fixtures coming up. It would be a real achievement to stay up now, but I don’t see any evidence to suggest we wouldn’t be treading water again next season.

If we are in saving money mode, why have a Director of Recruitment?

It’s all about money now so no investment = no chance.

Without significant investment we are a league 1 team at best.

As is often said in business, “ If you stand still you go backwards”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Well it’s over and we have done nothing, nada, zilch, zero, sweet FA, nought.

It’s beyond ridiculous. Just feel as though we’ve been strung along.
    We have an injury hit team, players such as Ball, out on loan playing elsewhere. Surely that would at least give us another option up front?

Fortunately no one left but that will doubtless happen in the summer.

Yes I know we can’t afford the wages but why not be honest about it instead of false hope.

The way football is going if we are not prepared to invest we will get left behind and find it difficult to compete, even in the league below.

Don’t get me wrong we have a good team. The problem is that the squad is paper thin and should any more players get injured we are really up against it, with a real tough set of fixtures coming up. It would be a real achievement to stay up now, but I don’t see any evidence to suggest we wouldn’t be treading water again next season.

If we are in saving money mode, why have a Director of Recruitment?

It’s all about money now so no investment = no chance.

Without significant investment we are a league 1 team at best.

As is often said in business, “ If you stand still you go backwards”.
    I thought the same regarding Ball. Surely he would be better than having no one!!!

Quote - we lost out to a team higher up the league!!! True, one place and four points. That’s where Wigan are. Nothing to do with league position. It’s all about money and they have a lot more of it than us.
    Jason Cummings gone to Luton. Sure they’re having a good season but clearly a number of clubs towards the top end of League 1 have far bigger budgets than us.
    There are/were deals to be had but we have come up short.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 31-01-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I thought the same regarding Ball. Surely he would be better than having no one!!!
    So has he signed for Bradford City for the rest of the season? Wasn't clear on the Bradford City website yesterday. Also - do Bray, Yates, Ihiekwe now stay with us for the rest of the season?

Definitely some championship proven talent on loan gone begging , two of em to league one clubs and a third to a relegation rival .

I'm at a loss too given you have a fighting chance of avoiding the drop .

Bizarre .

RUFC are a soft touch,and with Warne in charge we have become even softer,that team needs a couple of yard dogs in the side,not the mister nice guys what we have got at the moment,thanks to PW.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast