+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do potential signings find Warne to gooey?

Do potential signings find Warne to gooey?

In the modern game where there are hard line Managers that demand all from a player, does anyone think Warne comes across as too much Mr Nice Guy?

I like Paul Warne as a human being, a humanist and the approachable type but, he does not appear to have that nasty streak in him when it's needed.

Always praising the opposition as being better than us blah blah, he never turns nasty or has bad things to say about any of his players when it's deemed necessary. Take Wilder at the Lane, he openly blasted his side on TV for failing to beat non league Barnet in the FA Cup and made immediate changes. This is something I feel Warne is incapable of doing as he has too much of a love in with the likes of Tayls, Fordey, Towellsy and Newy.

For me he's too close to his players but that's his way and it's what he's developed his Management style on.

Some might say it worked wonders with what he achieved in gaining promotion the first time of asking, however, that bond can soon be manipulated if all is cosy everyday at stadium NYSSeal.

Too soft with his approach? You decide, but for me I feel this is where our season has been too soft.

Don’t agree he’s too soft or gooey.

Evans was a loud mouth who sought confrontation imo but achieved 2 promotions and kept us in the championship.

Warnock did an incredible job but had probably a full seasons luck but did deliver. He then messed us around and left us in the lurch.

Warne has a different approach but has got us 1 promotion and at the moment we are out of the bottom 3.
    You can’t blame the last relegation on Warne.

If Warne keeps us up it will be a major achievement better than the ones in the championship under Evans because he had better players in a weaker league imo.

Judge Him at the end of the season Brin.
    I know your frustrated pal we all are but we’re not down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    In the modern game where there are hard line Managers that demand all from a player, does anyone think Warne comes across as too much Mr Nice Guy?

I like Paul Warne as a human being, a humanist and the approachable type but, he does not appear to have that nasty streak in him when it's needed.

Always praising the opposition as being better than us blah blah, he never turns nasty or has bad things to say about any of his players when it's deemed necessary. Take Wilder at the Lane, he openly blasted his side on TV for failing to beat non league Barnet in the FA Cup and made immediate changes. This is something I feel Warne is incapable of doing as he has too much of a love in with the likes of Tayls, Fordey, Towellsy and Newy.

For me he's too close to his players but that's his way and it's what he's developed his Management style on.

Some might say it worked wonders with what he achieved in gaining promotion the first time of asking, however, that bond can soon be manipulated if all is cosy everyday at stadium NYSSeal.

Too soft with his approach? You decide, but for me I feel this is where our season has been too soft.
    I agree entirely Brin

He certainly know how to spit the dummy out.

Is he ever wrong in his eyes?

Mrs Grist takes the piss out of Warne big time.

She always gets Warne’s after match comments spot on, “was he proud of the lads”, or “did they give everything” etc etc. Every time Warne mentions “human beings” she laughs her head off with the comment that they can’t be human because in Warne’s eyes they never make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Don’t agree he’s too soft or gooey.

Evans was a loud mouth who sought confrontation imo but achieved 2 promotions and kept us in the championship.

Warnock did an incredible job but had probably a full seasons luck but did deliver. He then messed us around and left us in the lurch.

Warne has a different approach but has got us 1 promotion and at the moment we are out of the bottom 3.
    You can’t blame the last relegation on Warne.

If Warne keeps us up it will be a major achievement better than the ones in the championship under Evans because he had better players in a weaker league imo.

Judge Him at the end of the season Brin.
    I know your frustrated pal we all are but we’re not down yet.
    Pocket in reply pal-

'You can’t blame the last relegation on Warne' - I never have in this post and never will blame him for what was a catastrophe for the club. A massive baptism of fire to Management that no single person would have enjoyed.

'If Warne keeps us up it will be a major achievement better than the ones in the championship under Evans ' - Totally agree looking at the lack of player input, you can blame upstairs for that.

'Judge Him at the end of the season Brin' - I don't hang back and wait til the end the season to reflect. If something has to be said, I pay my fees so I post my views such is my right to do so. I have not been harsh with my view on Warne, it's just the way I feel about his Management style this season and he had to have and show that nasty streak but has failed to show/implement it, hence where we are.

Like you say it's not over yet and we may well stay up. I only hope Warne or is it Warney has learned something from this season he may build on next season. UTM!

Me too pal let’s hope so.

Warne reminds me of my old brother in law.
    He treated my sister lovely just a proper nice guy. After a while we used to call him a doormat too nice for his own good.
    They broke up she met this bloke a complete loser arrogant and treated her terrible.
    I’ll tell you what I wish she had never got rid of the doormat.
    Be careful what you wish for imo.

Nice guys finish last and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Nice guys finish last and all that?

GF, funnily enough, that's okay for some fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast