Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 108 of 169 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3374

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

  1. #2141
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hope so. 70 points and I'll be happy. That'll show them all. The ****s.
    That'll be the initial target, to achieve it as soon as possible as DM puts it.

  2. #2142
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,262
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Its nae 2 points for a win.
    Hisnae been for many a year min.

    Since I presume you're reply has nothing to do with arithmetic then I would suggest that your attitude is exactly what's wrong with Scottish football.

    With a strong Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Hearts as well as the gruesome twosome then there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a total of 66 points couldn't win the league.

    However, let's all just accept, before a ball is kicked, that the rest of us have no chance at all.

  3. #2143
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That was awful to watch.
    ^^^ this

  4. #2144
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Hearts away. We pressed them high in first half and generally were very positive and led 1-0 atHT. As soon as we came out after HT we sat 20 yards deeper didnít press them like we did in first half trying to see out game and completely lost midfield and ended up losing 2-1. There are others.
    That was grim watching right enough eye bleeding stuff
    I also think another belter from last season was the 1-1 draw in the scottish cup at home to stenhouse fkn muir ffs 1-0 up after 20 odd minutes at home and try to hold on for the 1-0 win and failed fkn miserably

    Jeezuz the more I think about that the worse it actually gets

  5. #2145
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Since I presume you're reply has nothing to do with arithmetic then I would suggest that your attitude is exactly what's wrong with Scottish football.

    With a strong Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Hearts as well as the gruesome twosome then there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a total of 66 points couldn't win the league.

    The lowest in the 3 point era was the following year with 69 points, although it was a 10 team league back then, so two fewer games played
    However, let's all just accept, before a ball is kicked, that the rest of us have no chance at all.
    My reply was all to do with reality.

    When was the last time the Scottish top league was won with 66 points or less?
    Its never been done since the game moved to a three point system.
    To save you the bother, it was 1993/94 with 58 points

    So in short, I deal with facts and reality, you live in a fantasy world

  6. #2146
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,890
    Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I am more hopeful all three will be in the 18 on 11th July but McInnes will rightly play it down until the day before.

    We need another senior centre mid - McGeouch/Djoum/Coutts/Mulumbu sort of signing
    We need a first pick left back - Lowe hopefully
    We need another striker - thinking a pedigree loan like Wilson
    We need a 10 - thinking a loan like Maddison

    if we get all that it probably allows the punting permanently of Rogers, Wright, Gleeson and May and the loan out of 2 or 3 on top.
    - a usually reliable source suggested to me that Djoum was close - albeit he's away with Cameroon just now.
    - for reasons stated, I don't think Lowe will be back, not if the bigot brothers are interested. Ralph would be an option maybe.
    - Suggestions are we are interested in Wilson as a permanent signing, although I find it hard to believe he won't get better financially elsewhere?
    - I'm not sure a "no10" will happen if we sign a Djoum type central midfield player?

  7. #2147
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,262
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    My reply was all to do with reality.



    So in short, I deal with facts and reality, you live in a fantasy world

    Itís my fantasy world that has kept me going to the games.
    Iíll join you in reality next season and not bother.

  8. #2148
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    - a usually reliable source suggested to me that Djoum was close - albeit he's away with Cameroon just now.
    - for reasons stated, I don't think Lowe will be back, not if the bigot brothers are interested. Ralph would be an option maybe.
    - Suggestions are we are interested in Wilson as a permanent signing, although I find it hard to believe he won't get better financially elsewhere?
    - I'm not sure a "no10" will happen if we sign a Djoum type central midfield player?
    I'd be happy with Djoum and some hearts fans were adamant he was up to Kingsford site in April but that gossip never got very far.

    Regardless we need (and DM has said he wants) another senior centre mid.

    The no 10 could be a young player not expected to start every game.

  9. #2149
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    That was grim watching right enough eye bleeding stuff
    I also think another belter from last season was the 1-1 draw in the scottish cup at home to stenhouse fkn muir ffs 1-0 up after 20 odd minutes at home and try to hold on for the 1-0 win and failed fkn miserably

    Jeezuz the more I think about that the worse it actually gets
    Are you serious ? You think we tried to hold on for a 1-0 win ?

    We were poor that day , but we still dominated the game ,especially in the second half. We made enough good chances in the second half to have put the game well beyond Stenny before they scored with just about their one and only meaningful attack.

  10. #2150
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Are you serious ? You think we tried to hold on for a 1-0 win ?

    We were poor that day , but we still dominated the game ,especially in the second half. We made enough good chances in the second half to have put the game well beyond Stenny before they scored with just about their one and only meaningful attack.
    being serious or not does not really come into pal, fact of the matter is we were totally and utterly sh1te against a team of butchers and bakers and candlestick makers which really summed up our complete season and in particular from xmas and beyond, it's safe to say the wheels came off big style.
    As you say we dominated the game, but cmon to fk thats a minimum requirement at home and especially against a team of part timers.
    Im not really suggesting we tried to shut up shop and cling on but by fk we should be expecting more from Aberdeen and it was sh1te like that that was on show far too often last season and I'm not sos sure its going to disappear over night.

  11. #2151
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    being serious or not does not really come into pal, fact of the matter is we were totally and utterly sh1te against a team of butchers and bakers and candlestick makers which really summed up our complete season and in particular from xmas and beyond, it's safe to say the wheels came off big style.
    As you say we dominated the game, but cmon to fk thats a minimum requirement at home and especially against a team of part timers.
    Im not really suggesting we tried to shut up shop and cling on but by fk we should be expecting more from Aberdeen and it was sh1te like that that was on show far too often last season and I'm not sos sure its going to disappear over night.
    At least you’re admitting your previous post was pish

  12. #2152
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9,927
    We love trying to see out a 1-0 style result.

    I'd rather we signed Lowe, even if it's just a loan for the season. If anything he's been able to show the Considine/McInnes fanboys that there's more to life than what we've been used to. Although they are still bleeting on about budgets, point tallys and Taylor being good.

    Nathan Ralph might be a good instead of, I don't know if he's been mentioned?

  13. #2153
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We love trying to see out a 1-0 style result.

    I'd rather we signed Lowe, even if it's just a loan for the season. If anything he's been able to show the Considine/McInnes fanboys that there's more to life than what we've been used to. Although they are still bleeting on about budgets, point tallys and Taylor being good.

    Nathan Ralph might be a good instead of, I don't know if he's been mentioned?
    Nathan Ralph is sh!te. We can surely do better than that.

  14. #2154
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Nathan Ralph might be a good instead of, I don't know if he's been mentioned?
    Quite a few have mentioned it, well after I said he could be a good replacement for Lowe last December.
    Some people didn't agree at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Nathan Ralph is sh!te. We can surely do better than that.
    Or indeed now

  15. #2155
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’ll join you in reality next season and not bother.
    We're unlikely to forget seeing as you keep reminding us

  16. #2156
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Quite a few have mentioned it, well after I said he could be a good replacement for Lowe last December.
    Some people didn't agree at the time.
    You should have mentioned it more then.

  17. #2157
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You should have mentioned it more then.
    Nah, leave it to others to eventually catch up

    Be good to hear who you'd recommend

  18. #2158
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah, leave it to others to eventually catch up

    Be good to hear who you'd recommend
    I was taking the piss since you've brought it up over and over.

    Doesn't matter who I recommend.

    Anyone but Considine.

  19. #2159
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was taking the piss since you've brought it up over and over.

    Doesn't matter who I recommend.

    Anyone but Considine.
    Always afraid to give an opinion, unless its a safe approved agreement from the half empty

  20. #2160
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9,927
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Always afraid to give an opinion, unless its a safe approved agreement from the half empty
    Au contraire, the bus is packed.

Page 108 of 169 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •