+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It says on transfer market that both Hedges and Barker are left wingers who can also play on the right wing.

Changing wingers from the left to right in games is something that McInnes likes to do.
    Yes it is.
    I’m not a fan of “inverted wingers”.

I must be old skool
    I like my wide players to be able to cross without turning back all the time (see Greg Stewart) & I like players on both posts when defending corners.
    Back on topic, IF (big IF) we have a choice of 4 players out wide to pick from of Hedges, Barker, McGinn & McLennan, that seems good to me?
    Maybe McGinn could play 2nd striker/no”10?
    When he played as our centre forward in his first season he scored 20+

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Yes it is.

I must be old skool
    I like my wide players to be able to cross without turning back all the time (see Greg Stewart) & I like players on both posts when defending corners.
    Back on topic, IF (big IF) we have a choice of 4 players out wide to pick from of Hedges, Barker, McGinn & McLennan, that seems good to me?
    We've been going on about McGinn being the no10 for years. Unlikely to happen now.

Inverted wingers works if your wingers are good. Hayes and McGinn were excellent at it. They also worked hard defending.

Anyone coming in needs to do the same, it's the McInnes way but I think he needs to change that now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Yes it is.

I must be old skool
    I think he would be very effective playing in the no 10 role but McInnes seems to prefer him on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Couldn’t get a game for Barnsley.

My god is that what we’ve come to?

Would you just stop looking for failures in the English lower leagues.
    Adam Rooney and Johnny Hayes were failures down south. ICT saw the potential and they were success stories with us. We have tried to sign players who have been successes in the lower leagues in England but
    they tend to get snapped up by Championship teams that can outbid and outpay us.

It's one of the markets we can potentially sign players from and that wouldn't change with a different chairman or manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We've been going on about McGinn being the no10 for years. Unlikely to happen now.
    Sadly I think you're right. I feel he would do a great job as 10 / second striker, but if McInnes hasn't seen it by now, he never will. He's probably getting to the age now where he's almost too slow to play on the wing (although he still has great delivery) and doesn't have the energy to do the defensive side of that role which McInnes likes. No10 is the solution as he still has a lot to offer in terms of creativity and goalscoring. Not holding my breathe though.

Whatever he's on would be a drop in the ocean for them, especially now they've been promoted. Otherwise he wouldn't be coming here.
    F@ck me you're a barrel of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    F@ck me you're a barrel of laughs
    Thanks. I'm here all week. I can tell you all about how Taylor and Main are terrible signings.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Moot point.
    Pacman said he didn't play in the championship, which I pointed out he did.
    Gonna have to disagree here. I’m almost certain Pacman did not play in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Gonna have to disagree here. I’m almost certain Pacman did not play in the Championship.
    Lol, fair play, I agree, Pacman did not play there either.

Whatever he's on would be a drop in the ocean for them, especially now they've been promoted. Otherwise he wouldn't be coming here.
    The development fee , if they’re entitled to it , is most likely to be a drop in the ocean to them as well. Maybe less than the amount they’d end up paying Hedges in wages if he’d accepted their new contract offer.

Page 119 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast