+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 139 of 421 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    It hasn't taken the edge of it for me.

My eyes are bleeding just thinking about that team ObanRed put up.

I'm clinging to the hope these are squad fillers and the XI signings are on the way but I'm doomed up. I'm imagine crowds of 9,000 to 10,000 turning up on a freezing December to watch a game of head tennis with St Johnstone...
    Imagine when we play Farts, the poor ball being battered up in the air every 5 seconds and a bunch of donkeys chasing after it.

McInnes was saying a few weeks ago he was looking to bring in 2 strikers and a creative midfielder.

When we signed Wilson last summer he said we were going to play with 2 strikers,the only time he really did that for a consistent period was in December when we scored 17 goals in 6 games.

He then signed Stewart in January and reverted back to his lone striker policy,claiming we would have signed Stewart last summer if we hadn’t spent so long trying to sign Christie.

So if he does sign a creative Christie/Stewart type player and we are going to play with 1 striker up front do we really need another striker along with Cosgrove,Main and May/Anderson (I presume May or Anderson will go out on loan).

If he insists on his usual formation I just think 4 strikers for 1 position seems as pointless as having 4 right backs in the squad.

Be interesting to see who gets more game time up front between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Doubt if interesting is the word. I do not have a problem with Hedges as I have never seen him play. No real problem with Taylor as he is generally ok. But Curtis ****ing Main !!!!!!

He is someone who runs about a lot and doesn’t score many goals. Another Stevie May or a throwback to The Dazzler. Jeezo, it’s almost like the club are disengaging their fans on purpose. Surely to goodness there must be better options than him.

If Cosgrove is here next season I would be very surprised if he isn’t playing most weeks.

Meaning Main,the other striker and May will be either on the bench or played out of position most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Lewis

Logan Taylor McKenna An Other

Gleeson

McLeannan Ferguson Hedges

May Balon D'or

I think Gleeson would be decent in that holding MF position

Cosgrove got most of his goals from open play when May was beside him and creating space.

Lewis

Devlin Taylor McKenna Considine

F Ross Ball Gleeson Hedges

Cosgrove Main

Let’s put an end to the nine in a row nonsense.

Hmm. Looks like another season where Deek plays around with interesting alternative patterns amd players up until December, then gets forced into playing a settled team by January due to injuries & suspensions ?

seems like a pattern for last while ?

If GMS stays it`ll get really confusing !!

Be nice if he accidentally lands on the right formation and they all start banging in the goals , eh ?

( Until we play celtic of course,..then those 4 right backs will come into play. )

Looking forward to seeing the next two signings ? Def. Midfielder ( Ball ) and Attacking Midfielder ( Nae idea ) , right ?

He does like to d1ck about with formations, particularly upfront.

Usually it comes to the point when he's forced to use a more settled team due to injuries then we pick up a few wins in a row. Until those players are blowing out their hoop.

Maybe Main will be good at setting them up. I can't see why else he's here.

Hedges i know little about, but i like what i hear and i see his signing as enhancing the squad.

Taylor i'm a little meh about. He had his moments, some very good, some pretty bad. Bit of a lazy signing and i'm always wary of going back, but all in a reasonable squad player.

Main's a no talent thug and a worrying statement of our footballing intent. I'd pay up his contract now if i could.

And with St Johnstone in the market for a striker following Tony Watt's departure, i reckon Stevie May will be heading back to Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Hedges i know little about, but i like what i hear and i see his signing as enhancing the squad.

Taylor i'm a little meh about. He had his moments, some very good, some pretty bad. Bit of a lazy signing and i'm always wary of going back, but all in a reasonable squad player.

Main's a no talent thug and a worrying statement of our footballing intent. I'd pay up his contract now if i could.

And with St Johnstone in the market for a striker following Tony Watt's departure, i reckon Stevie May will be heading back to Perth.
    Main quote from his interview today.

"The style of football seems to suit me and my personality,"

We are a bunch of hammer throwers

Page 139 of 421 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast