+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 142 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Limitalities needs to be voted into existence. Bigly. I know words. I have the best words.
    I've bolded it.

Best new word since the Hun popped on here & said we’d get moligated

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Best new word since the Hun popped on here & said we’d get moligated
    Its not a new word up here in the North Pole mason min,its been used by generations of us eskimo's

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    How does the "Ryan Fraser Money" work though? Shirely it's installments. Isn't that how it works? That's what we were told about the Hayes money.
    Does it really matter though, Aldo? At the end of the day, if either McKenna goes, or Fraser moves on, if DM got, say, £500K to spend on a transfer fee, we'd be paying that on the never never anyway, the same way that Bournemouth or whoever, would be paying us.

Just get the money in. Free money at the end of the day. Money for nothin', as Mark Knopfler once said. Can feckin' argue about where it goes later.

Don't think anyone would have any issue if the majority went on Kingsford, as long as DM got a wedge of it for transfer, and another wedge of it to further increase the wages budget,

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Don't think anyone would have any issue if the majority went on Kingsford,
    I would, if the @rseholes running our Club want The Shuttle Bus Arena let THEM pay for it..

The transfer policy baffles me and does not square with the club's stated ambitions.
    We are intent on becoming a 'top 100' European club, and the next step is Europa League group stage qualification, according to our chairman.
    The signings to sustain these ambitions are, to-date, an injury prone winger who was in and out of the side at League One Barnsley; a physical but limited striker with a poor goalscoring record; a defender we've had before who is prone to an error but who will probably do OK for the most part.

Meanwhile we've still to replace the captain and real driving force in the team, are set to lose a guy we spent £150k on 2 years ago for free, and are watching as the guy we spunked last year's striking budget on walk out after a hugely disappointing season on loan. This too after £200k was wasted on Forrester, who was earmarked as the creative replacement for Kenny McLean.

So we're still missing a proper replacement for McLean, have still to replace Shinnie in midfield, need a left back, another option at right back and a true goalscorer preferably with a bit of guile to their play. And face losing McKenna too potentially.

Where has the money for Rooney gone? Where has the money earmarked for spending on Marquis last summer gone? Where has the AberDNA money gone? Where has the money generated from Europe/two good cup runs and 4th place prize money gone? It would appear to me that we are either holding back money from being used on the squad, or, more worryingly, wasting it on loan fees, wages and uninspiring signings.

We are setting ourselves up to play dull, attritional football. I sincerely hope we have a few gems to come in, but just now it looks eye-bleedingly awful for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    The transfer policy baffles me and does not square with the club's stated ambitions.
    We are intent on becoming a 'top 100' European club, and the next step is Europa League group stage qualification, according to our chairman.
    The signings to sustain these ambitions are, to-date, an injury prone winger who was in and out of the side at League One Barnsley; a physical but limited striker with a poor goalscoring record; a defender we've had before who is prone to an error but who will probably do OK for the most part.

Meanwhile we've still to replace the captain and real driving force in the team, are set to lose a guy we spent £150k on 2 years ago for free, and are watching as the guy we spunked last year's striking budget on walk out after a hugely disappointing season on loan. This too after £200k was wasted on Forrester, who was earmarked as the creative replacement for Kenny McLean.

So we're still missing a proper replacement for McLean, have still to replace Shinnie in midfield, need a left back, another option at right back and a true goalscorer preferably with a bit of guile to their play. And face losing McKenna too potentially.

Where has the money for Rooney gone? Where has the money earmarked for spending on Marquis last summer gone? Where has the AberDNA money gone? Where has the money generated from Europe/two good cup runs and 4th place prize money gone? It would appear to me that we are either holding back money from being used on the squad, or, more worryingly, wasting it on loan fees, wages and uninspiring signings.

We are setting ourselves up to play dull, attritional football. I sincerely hope we have a few gems to come in, but just now it looks eye-bleedingly awful for next season.

Possible midfield signings - some more realistic than others, and in no order of preference;

Dylan McGeoch - unlikely as will be on huge wages and will likely have options
    Yousef Mulumbu
    Paul Coutts - 31 in July, so might just fancy a move back, although last I read, the inference was one more contract in England
    Dom Ball - quite likely IMO
    Alex Gorrin - won't be on much at Motherwell - free as out of contract
    Arnaud Djoum - likely to be too much in wages
    Chris Cadden - will cost a chunky fee so very unlikely
    Scott Pittman - just signed a contract so likely to cost a decent fee of around £250k?

Good post.

The Fraser money will go the same way as the Rooney and DNA money.

It will disappear and never be spoken about by the board.

A good post BUT we are not yet finished bringing in players. I am as underwhelmed as anyone with the first 3 signings but we will bring in another 4-5 and that is the time to judge. If they are at the same level as the first 3 them it needs to be pitchfork time but hopefully we are yet to bring in better quality players. Time will tell

Page 142 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast