+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 145 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You could also consider the loan signings coming back i.e. Anderson, Wright and Ross, although I think Anderson will go out on loan again and last chance for Wright. I'd wonder if there is any value on letting Wright go out on loan again.
    I did think about them but didn’t include them as it will be a wash as either those same players or similar youngsters like Ethan Ross will go out on loan next season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I did think about them but didn’t include them as it will be a wash as either those same players or similar youngsters like Ethan Ross will go out on loan next season
    I agree but they will only go as we bring more in.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I understand what you are saying but hopefully McInnes has learned his lesson as that approach ended up with us finishing fourth and playing the poorest football since he arrived by some considerable distance. If that is to be the level of our signings then we may not make it past the first couple of rounds in Europe and every possibility that we would be lower than fourth and arguably most importantly will have almost zero chance of winning a cup. Fingers crossed McInnes sees that as well and pushes himself and the Board to improve the talent in the squad.

The above is not pant pishing but a cold dose of reality.
    It’s not just McInnes that concerns me though.

I think he had targets last summer that didn’t come off.

He wanted McGeough,Christie and Marquis and for various reasons they didn’t happen.

I would say he was at fault along with his scout that their plan b c or d if his main targets didn’t come off were shyte choices.

What concerns me more is we supposedly offered £600k for Marquis,sold Rooney for about £300k and I presume we offered a fair amount for Christie,yet when it came to the January window the board announced there was no money available and we only really signed Greg Stewart on loan.

I’m sure if McInnes was allowed to bring in better signings than Curtis Main he would so it concerns me how much more cash the board are going to give him to bring in these quality players everyone is hoping for.

Remember though, the Highland Sh1tbox won’t affect the playing budget

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s not just McInnes that concerns me though.

I think he had targets last summer that didn’t come off.

He wanted McGeough,Christie and Marquis and for various reasons they didn’t happen.

I would say he was at fault along with his scout that their plan b c or d if his main targets didn’t come off were shyte choices.

What concerns me more is we supposedly offered £600k for Marquis,sold Rooney for about £300k and I presume we offered a fair amount for Christie,yet when it came to the January window the board announced there was no money available and we only really signed Greg Stewart on loan.

I’m sure if McInnes was allowed to bring in better signings than Curtis Main he would so it concerns me how much more cash the board are going to give him to bring in these quality players everyone is hoping for.
    Their message with that amateur Challenger brand paper basically said they won't be spending money to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    “Some circumstances changed at Northampton. I wasn’t involved in one of the games and the chief scout Russ Richardson was at the game.

I got talking to him and he asked why I wasn’t playing and if I was injured.

From there I sat with him during the game and one thing led to another and I’m back here"

Quote from Taylor. Says all you need to know about how Richardsons mind works

Would suspect that Russ was down there to take a look at the Derby loanee midfielder Elsnik who either came on as a sub for ten minutes or didn’t play in the end of season home games where Taylor didn’t make the squad. Rather than report back to Dirk empty handed...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Possible midfield signings - some more realistic than others, and in no order of preference;

Dylan McGeoch - unlikely as will be on huge wages and will likely have options
    Yousef Mulumbu
    Paul Coutts - 31 in July, so might just fancy a move back, although last I read, the inference was one more contract in England
    Dom Ball - quite likely IMO
    Alex Gorrin - won't be on much at Motherwell - free as out of contract
    Arnaud Djoum - likely to be too much in wages
    Chris Cadden - will cost a chunky fee so very unlikely
    Scott Pittman - just signed a contract so likely to cost a decent fee of around £250k?

Would like to think we’d make an enquiry if Omeonga is being loaned out by Genoa again he’s surely get some better tunes out of us than here in Edinburgh. Not convinced by Gorrin and if Ipswich follow up their interest - the lure of League 1 wage will be too enticing.

Any one of the top three with Ball in as cover will be decent going with an Engerlish loanee as the cheap cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    and also GMS for the wings (if he stays)

Maybe, just maybe our leader will do the right thing and put McGinn in that number "10" role

ohhhhhhh Derek.... ok ok ok I'll get ma coat
    He would rather turn one of our more skill full players into a full back....you can never have enough defensive players in a team is his mantra.

Curtis Main isn’t the most exciting signing but I can see why DM would be interested in such a player; he fits a ‘defend from the front’ mentality.

How about an attack from the front mentality instead.

Page 145 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast