+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 164 of 421 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by bigj View Post
    On BBC website Sevco are after big Josh
    Another “Free” signing.
    Also see their planning to put Hastie out on loan. I said he would be the next Docherty, talking of which, will they punt him out on loan as well.
    It’s clear that SevCo’s finances are stretched and their hoping to make value in player development sales to help balance the cooked books

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Another “Free” signing.
    People in glass houses

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The problem has been that last season he was having to develop and being asked to be the experienced centre half. It takes its toll. Same reason I didn't want him captain and I don't want Ferguson captain.
    That's the reason he completely lacks composure, gets caught out of position and cant control or pass the ball?

He has a lot to prove next season.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    That's the reason he completely lacks composure, gets caught out of position and cant control or pass the ball?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post

He has a lot to prove next season.
    I agree,his distribution if you can call it that is shocking and is why he will never be a "top" defender,its just basic's and if we get offered anywhere near 5M we should bite their hand off

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I agree,his distribution if you can call it that is shocking and is why he will never be a "top" defender,its just basic's and if we get offered anywhere near 5M we should bite their hand off
    He's got the raw ingredients to make a good defender, but I feel he needs to be partnered with a top class, experienced defender to improve further. If he stays with us he'll be partnering Ash Taylor - so if anything he's going to regress. For that reason I'd take £5m. Although, having allegedly received an offer of £7m for him 6 months ago I'd imagine we'll hold off hoping for an offer equal to that, which I can't really see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    He's got the raw ingredients to make a good defender, but I feel he needs to be partnered with a top class, experienced defender to improve further. If he stays with us he'll be partnering Ash Taylor - so if anything he's going to regress. For that reason I'd take £5m. Although, having allegedly received an offer of £7m for him 6 months ago I'd imagine we'll hold off hoping for an offer equal to that, which I can't really see happening.
    What are those raw ingredients? Physique? I think he is a good Scottish Premiership defender but not an international or top league Guffball player yet...but, you're probably right, with central defensive partners of better standing than the likes of Considine or Mulgrew then he could improve to much higher standard.

To that ends, I think it would better for all concerned if he moved on this summer if there's £5+ million plus bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I hope to fk he does not turn into the next zander diamond ffs
    Shows amazing potential in the early days and then crash bang wallop !!!
    I really hope that does not happen with McKenna, I can see us struggling to get 5m for him now and I would take any respectively decent offer and try and cash in a little bit while we still can, his market value is falling and to be honest we can all clearly see why

I don't think anyone is suggesting McKenna is going to be the next Van Dijk. He'd be much better with a decent centre half alongside him though. Since that's not going to happen, maybe better we cash in. Especially if he's getting criticised now.

Considine and Taylor at centre half. ***y.

What's the problem here?
    Was he s'hite in the second half last night?
    I changed games at half time, but he looked ok to me in the first half.
    Superb cross caught him out but so what?

He's a bit immobile but solid as f'uck, If there really was a £7 million offer on the table then I would think that they probably regret not taking it but I can't see them dropping a couple of million, they will, and should hold out for that.

They'll only waste the money on Westhill anyway.

Page 164 of 421 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast