+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 421 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    We certainly wont sign Cadden and then wait for tribunal like Ferguson. Its too big a risk exposure.

We could well try to agree a fee. Well's incentive to take £200k from us would be that if he goes to England or USA they get £0
    You're missing the point.
    The compensation figure is pretty predictable I think.
    Formula based on appearances, length of services, contract offered.
    It's impossible for there to be a large discrepancy.
    For example, Hamilton were coming the c**t by asking for £1m for Ferguson.
    Aberdeen knew 100% all along that the fee was going to be very close to £200k.

Motherwell can ask for £40m, £4m, whatever the hell they want.
    They can't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You're missing the point.
    The compensation figure is pretty predictable I think.
    Formula based on appearances, length of services, contract offered.
    It's impossible for there to be a large discrepancy.
    For example, Hamilton were coming the c**t by asking for £1m for Ferguson.
    Aberdeen knew 100% all along that the fee was going to be very close to £200k.

Motherwell can ask for £40m, £4m, whatever the hell they want.
    They can't get that.
    I think you're missing the point.
    Whilst there is a formula for "development fee" compensation, an agreement could be reached below that figure.
    If as D31 suggested, there was no appetite in Scotland to pay that amount and there was a risk they could go elsewhere for nothing, they may accept a lower figure.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 12-06-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Cadden can move international for free in September

It's a bit of an awkward solution to be found for July and August.

It's hard to see why a club would pay the going rate based on this season past

One solution is to sell him for a lower fee with incentives if he fulfils his potential.

This is all moot I dont see him being one under consideration

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    What's the problem here?
    Was he s'hite in the second half last night?
    I changed games at half time, but he looked ok to me in the first half.
    Superb cross caught him out but so what?
    Aye, he was solid enough. I think it's a combination of people expecting an immaculate performance but instead getting a good one and starting to believe groups of jealous weegies on the internet that he is actually "average". He did himself proud up against one of the best teams in the world. Okay he still has a lot to learn but he's only young. I'm still of the opinion that he's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Aye, he was solid enough. I think it's a combination of people expecting an immaculate performance but instead getting a good one and starting to believe groups of jealous weegies on the internet that he is actually "average". He did himself proud up against one of the best teams in the world. Okay he still has a lot to learn but he's only young. I'm still of the opinion that he's the real deal.
    I didn't watch it but doesn't sound like he was at fault for the goals. If we signed a decent centre half then he would be better. So since he's up with Considine and Taylor, I'd sell him for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    I believe the discussion is around selling him, how much for and what do we lose from the playing side.

My opinion is that we should sell him, that we might not get £6.5 million (but if we can then brilliant) but anything over 5 with add-ons is excellent. And I believe that we can replace him.

The issue would be is McKenna really at the beginning of an excellent career or has he peaked when he had a good few months?

Remember, Peter Pawlett and a great six months but did little before it and little after it. Mckenna's meteoric rise began at a League game in Motherwell and the icing on the cake was the wonder goal against Kilmarnock. However, then followed a poor semi final performance against Motherwell.

It hadn't been long before his ascent that he was getting sent off for Ayr United in a drubbing at Easter Road. We don't know yet how his career his going to pan out but he is a valuable asset presently.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think you're missing the point.
    Whilst there is a formula for "development fee" compensation, an agreement could be reached below that figure.
    If as D31 suggested, there was no appetite in Scotland to pay that amount and there was a risk they could go elsewhere for nothing, they may accept a lower figure.
    No, I'm not.
    But I never asked you.

Can we replace him? Should we not just sign someone good regardless if he leaves or not?

I thought having a super state of the art training facility would attract quality players...unless that was another whopper?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I thought having a super state of the art training facility would attract quality players...unless that was another whopper?
    We could have the best training facilities in the world but if your ambition is to make up the numbers then the fancy new training facilities are an overspent luxury.

Page 165 of 421 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast