+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 421 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    second miss timed tackle evaded

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    How do you know that?
    To be fair, I don't know for sure, but its a big bad world out there. I reckon there is a lot of people I know that you don't

Do you think we will sign someone better than Taylor?
    That's a rather subjective question.
    The proof of the pudding will be in the eating as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    we still need

2 centre mids
    a left back
    another forward/10
    another striker

CB is the least of our worries unless we plan to market McKenna. Good advantage of english window being a month before ours that we would have plenty time to react
    we dont need a number 10 as McGinn can perfectly fill that role.
    If only our illustrious leader would see that and use play McGinn where he would be most effective and that is in the number 10 role.
    Agree we need a LB and a couple of midfielders, one of them being creative would be a bonus. Dylan McGeouch could be that signing or maybe Craig Bryson

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    To be fair, I don't know for sure, but its a big bad world out there. I reckon there is a lot of people I know that you don't
    I know everyone you do. My dossier on you is complete.

That's a rather subjective question.
    The proof of the pudding will be in the eating as they say.
    That's what this forum is all about. I thought you were aware of that. Alas, my psychoanalysis report on you is now rent asunder.

we still need

2 centre mids
    a left back
    another forward/10
    another striker

CB is the least of our worries unless we plan to market McKenna. Good advantage of english window being a month before ours that we would have plenty time to react
    Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with you, do you really think we'll sign another striker and keep all of Cosgrove, Main, May & Anderson?
    Do you anticipate one of Cosgrove or May being sold/loaned?

I agree with the 3 midfielders (1 of which should be a "no10") but I don't think we'll get that many.
    We need a good solid defensive midfielder, a passer of the ball, and a "no10" amongst the 3
    So three along the lines of a Coutts/Gorrin, a McGeouch type (being retained by Sunderland I heard) and a no 10 in the mould of Christie & Maddison that we've had before (that might end up being a late, bonus ball EPL loan?)

Left back is a must, because if I see Considine, as honest as he is, lumbering up the touchline at left back, I'll scream.

I'm not holding my breath given I still suspect money/budget will be syphoned off for the stadium irrespective of what Milne says, and given the poor recruitment the last two years and myopic scouting.

I wouldnt have thought we'd sign two strikers but its the only way I can get my head round the Curtis Main signing. That May or Cosgrove are going

I know everyone you do. My dossier on you is complete.
    I would not be surprised giving your history of stalking me, but you also speak a lot of p!sh at the same time.
    Who's to know?

That's what this forum is all about. I thought you were aware of that.
    That may be an option, I prefer to reserve judgement on players until the play for us, so lets see what puddings are on the pitch before we indulge

Alas, my psychoanalysis report on you is now rent asunder.
    So your psychoanalysis was a pile of crap

I wouldnt have thought we'd sign two strikers but its the only way I can get my head round the Curtis Main signing. That May or Cosgrove are going
    DM likes Cosgrove - sees him as some kind of "justified project" almost.
    He's under a long-term contract.
    Think he'll stay - another good season and someone like a Preston/Hull etc might start offering £1m or whatever.
    I still think he may be a one season wonder, or more accurately, a 2 month wonder where 80% of his goals were scored.

As for May, I'd love to get him off the books, but that won't be easy.
    The teams who MIGHT be interested, for example St Johnstone, would pay him roughly half what we do.
    He has 2 years left of a contract left - say it's £3k per week - that's £312k.
    We'd likely have to pay him half of that to offset the £1.5k per week a St Johnstone may offer?

IF we signed a good striker and the options were Cosgrove, the new bloke, Main & Anderson, I'd be a lot happier with that.
    What I mean is if Main is a replacement for May, then that's ok.

The priorities for me are midfield and left back. If we got two good first pick midfielders and a good left back, we have the guts of a good starting X1

After that, I'd see what's left in the budget and take it from there.

So, no reference to any source or rumour heard, just a post saying I had expected him to have signed on that day.
    You're diving in trying too hard to play the man, but it's ok, I saw you coming, stood on the ball and watched you slide right by.

Incidentally, the full post you opted not to include for context
    On topic, I had expected Dom Ball to be unveiled today, but it does not appear to be a done deal yet.

I seriously hope that YET is not the most operative word in that statement min

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    if I see Considine, as honest as he is, lumbering up the touchline at left back, I'll scream.
    Make sure your lungs are in good working order RST and get ready to be screaming for most of next season

Page 168 of 421 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast