+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 421 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    By ‘rated him’, you mean given the greedy wee ****e more money?
    He evidentially made the correct decision.
    I can imagine you would have turned down such an offer immediately for a number of reasons

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I can imagine you would have turned down such an offer immediately for a number of reasons
    The correct decision? He left Aberdeen for f*cking Bournemouth ffs

If you think that’s the correct decision, you’re part of the problem.

Bournemouth....the giants of the English Premiership

By ‘rated him’, you mean given the greedy wee ****e more money? Never mind eh, you and the golf chums might be watching from the Emirates ring of indifference, boring c*nts senseless about how he once played for your wee team & comes from a nice family.
    You obviously do not have a clue regarding the circumstances, anyway, if indeed you see yourself as a c*nt, well, that was transparent a long time ago.....you stick in and enjoy Kintore if you decide to move there.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think you can only really determine whether decisions we make are right or wrong retrospectively with the benefit of hindsight. At the time it seemed like a daft decision as Bournemouth were nobodies. However, he may have got an insight into the club's plans and potential and along with the financial package he may have seen it was a club going places and that by joining them at that point he could become an integral part of their team. The alternative, to stay at Aberdeen who weren't better than a mid-table SPL team at that point wasn't all that attractive - I guess telling him to stay longer to win a bigger move was the way to sell it, but that may not have happened, and even if he'd got a bigger move he may not have got into the team he joined.

In hindsight it was a great move for the lad - he's become arguably one of the best attacking players in the EPL over the last couple of seasons. As I've said before, if he was English they'd be talking about £40m for him given the consistency he's shown and stats he's produced playing for one of the lesser teams in the league.

If we get a slice of the pie, great. Will it go to helping the player budget - probably just a small chunk will, but that might be handy. We can't spend £3m on players anyway, as it would require a massive restructuring of our wages etc and players of that calibre won't want to come here in the first place. If we were going to make big changes like that we needed to do it a year or two ago. We've missed the boat. But any money coming in will strengthen the overall picture for the club, so it should be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think you can only really determine whether decisions we make are right or wrong retrospectively with the benefit of hindsight. At the time it seemed like a daft decision as Bournemouth were nobodies. However, he may have got an insight into the club's plans and potential and along with the financial package he may have seen it was a club going places and that by joining them at that point he could become an integral part of their team. The alternative, to stay at Aberdeen who weren't better than a mid-table SPL team at that point wasn't all that attractive - I guess telling him to stay longer to win a bigger move was the way to sell it, but that may not have happened, and even if he'd got a bigger move he may not have got into the team he joined.

In hindsight it was a great move for the lad - he's become arguably one of the best attacking players in the EPL over the last couple of seasons. As I've said before, if he was English they'd be talking about £40m for him given the consistency he's shown and stats he's produced playing for one of the lesser teams in the league.

Edit: How the he'll do you upload a profile pic...the interface on this site is archaic...

If we get a slice of the pie, great. Will it go to helping the player budget - probably just a small chunk will, but that might be handy. We can't spend £3m on players anyway, as it would require a massive restructuring of our wages etc and players of that calibre won't want to come here in the first place. If we were going to make big changes like that we needed to do it a year or two ago. We've missed the boat. But any money coming in will strengthen the overall picture for the club, so it should be welcomed.
    He's certainly made a better choice than any of our previous youngsters, at least in recent years. Fyvie and Grimmer went to smallish clubs in the prem/championship and couldn't get a game. Joining a club in the lower leagues that have ambitious plans and are well run gave him the opportunity to get his foot in the first team and now he can look back on a good decision, even if it was luck rather than wisdom that helped him decide.

What I find incredible is that we didn't realise how good he was sooner, I mean before he even broke in the first team. He came in and was instantly tearing full backs a new one...was he not doing that in the U-21's? If we get a couple of million It'll also be a move that has worked out for us better than the Fyvies and Grimmers of this world.

Edit: How the hell do you upload a profile pic, the user interface on this site is archaic...
    Last edited by Redbull666; 03-04-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post

Edit: How the hell do you upload a profile pic, the user interface on this site is archaic...
    The icons above your reply. 4th from right

Browse your computer and attach. If its off the net save to your desktop and attach from there

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    What I find incredible is that we didn't realise how good he was sooner, I mean before he even broke in the first team. He came in and was instantly tearing full backs a new one...was he not doing that in the U-21's?
    Was he not being played in a different position in the U21s and then switched to playing on the wing, got a chance through first team injuries and was going past every defender in the league for fun. I remember when he broke into the team thinking that this was a guy worth paying money to see - every time he got the ball you were expecting something to happen.

But it has turned out to be the correct decision for him. The problem was that Brown and Milne should have had him on a longer contract before he got into the first team and then we would have sold him for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    But it has turned out to be the correct decision for him. The problem was that Brown and Milne should have had him on a longer contract before he got into the first team and then we would have sold him for more money.
    Wee Craigy Brown thought the lad was too small for the rigours of Scottish football but thought he had something about him when he fell over him at training during a pre-season.

Page 17 of 421 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast