+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 176 of 421 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We should all be great full that we have a manager and chairman that only want us to qualify for Europe.
    Exactly. The manager and chairman have waxed lyrical about how the clubs goal is the Europa group stages. Fair enough, but we’ve seen a better crop of Aberdeen players fail to achieve that goal. I’m looking at these signings asking “is this group stage standard?”. Can you guess what my answer is?

Both management and board have accountability to the standard they themselves have set. They’re not delivering a better average squad than we’ve had in previous seasons so I don’t see how they can expect us to swallow the notion that we’ll see better results. We all know Greg Stewart isn’t the answer for the Huns getting a leg over Celtic. Same way we all know that Taylor and Main aren’t the road to the group stages or even getting inbetween the filth.
    Last edited by NewOrleansRed; 16-06-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    He is 33 in November. Would only be worth a 2 year deal.
    keep us going till shinnie returns

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    He is 33 in November. Would only be worth a 2 year deal.
    I’d still think he’d be a good signing for 2 years.
    We’d still need another midfielder in addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Exactly. The manager and chairman have waxed lyrical about how the clubs goal is the Europa group stages. Fair enough, but we’ve seen a better crop of Aberdeen players fail to achieve that goal. I’m looking at these signings asking “is this group stage standard?”. Can you guess what my answer is?

Both management and board have accountability to the standard they themselves have set. They’re not delivering a better average squad than we’ve had in previous seasons so I don’t see how they can expect us to swallow the notion that we’ll see better results. We all know Greg Stewart isn’t the answer for the Huns getting a leg over Celtic. Same way we all know that Taylor and Main aren’t the road to the group stages or even getting inbetween the filth.
    Hypocrisy from our board is the normal procedure. They expect us to finance the club even though they are extremely wealthy, moan at us when the football is crap and we aren’t paying to watch it then tell us we have an outstanding manager who cannot even achieve what our chairman says we should be aiming for...he has had enough attempts!

Get your cash out and help these multi multi millionaires have a jolly at our expense. Scottish football has grown at a rate of noughts with these types of chairmen in charge of our clubs. Football is the loser as the spongers back slap each other on match days.

Signing Ash Taylor & Curtis Main will make us lucky to get past qualifying round 2 IMO.
    Group stages are an absolute pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Signing Ash Taylor & Curtis Main will make us lucky to get past qualifying round 2 IMO.
    Group stages are an absolute pipe dream.
    Completely agree. We’ve gone from to a flying McGinn and Hayes supplying Rooney, to Old McGinn and some Welsh random chasing down a Cosgrove first touch. Curtis Main will not exactly strike fear into the hearts of Whogivesa****istan FC when we play them on the edge of the universe in the 3rd round.

Completely agree. We’ve gone from to a flying McGinn and Hayes supplying Rooney, to Old McGinn and some Welsh random chasing down a Cosgrove first touch. Curtis Main will not exactly strike fear into the hearts of Whogivesa****istan FC when we play them on the edge of the universe in the 3rd round.
    Dont knock it, its what Milne and his fan boys see as success..

Listened to the HereWeGo podcast over the last few days.

They were a bit more generous than me - referencing only the ONE central midfielder as the most pivotal signing this summer/season

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Dont knock it, its what Milne and his fan boys see as success..
    Should all of us that take seats on the half empty minibus just turn a blind eye and purchase season tickets and contribute extra funds through the DNA scheme so we can get another Chris Forrester? We will need someone to score a cracker in our friendly matches and time is running down.

We need transfer fees for a couple of players as we seem to be horrifically bad at sourcing players on Bosman free transfers

Page 176 of 421 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast