+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 421 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

The fact it turned out alright in the end is irrelevant, as is Brown & Milne f*cking it up (what else were they going to do?)

He never signed for Bournemouth to play in the premiership. He f*cked off for the money

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The correct decision? He left Aberdeen for f*cking Bournemouth ffs

If you think that’s the correct decision, you’re part of the problem.
    Yes the correct decision.
    You would too if you had any scruples and was in that situation.
    The lad has grown and developed somewhat since he has left us. He was a marked man from what I recall when he played for us, often cynically hacked down.

He played in 23 games for us and potentially will nett the club about £4.5Million.
    Nae a bad bit of business at all.

I really don't get why you have such antipathy towards any positive news for the club.
    He left us over 6 years ago and will bring in approx £4M if sold to Arsenal for £20M, who knows maybe even more.
    Just fcuking accept the good news for one min.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    But it has turned out to be the correct decision for him. The problem was that Brown and Milne should have had him on a longer contract before he got into the first team and then we would have sold him for more money.
    I heard they had started contract talks, but unfortunately it was too late.
    Surely there are signs that they have learned from this with our recent crop of youngsters

I would too? If I was playing for Aberdeen at that age, would i f*ck have went to Bournemouth.

I would too? If I was playing for Aberdeen at that age, would i f*ck have went to Bournemouth.
    I did caveat it that if you had the scruples

The way the loon was continually getting hacked down, it may only be one bad tackle away from being a career ending.
    He dropped down to League 1 where Bournemouth convinced him they had the ambition to drive forwards.
    A club where he was likely to get gamete and develop further. He regularly played in the Championship and spent a year on loan at Ipswich when Bournemouth got promoted to the Premiership and continued to shine.
    I've also heard the contract increase he got when they were promoted, something he would never have received at Aberdeen, so yes, he's benefitted financially as well, but why would you deny him that.

Does it really irk you so much that the club will make millions from signing him as a youth player?

Well it would seem the loon made the correct decision seeing as where he is playing now,instead off playing in a hoofball aberdeen team he's playing in the EPL and looks like he will get big move,dont blame him to be honest

Would he not have got his move & AFC more money if he hung around?

Would he not have got his move & AFC more money if he hung around?
    Correct, he would have, however the chairman/coach and indeed the likes of yourself were too obtuse to that fact, regardless, another 3 points.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Correct, he would have, however the chairman/coach and indeed the likes of yourself were too obtuse to that fact, regardless, another 3 points.
    SF
    I don’t remember having much say in it. He f*cked off to the lower leagues for money. There’s nothing else to it

If he had stayed in at AFC and continued his form then, we might have sold him a year or two later for max £1m to £1.5m. Probably to a mid-tier championship club. He might not have progressed at a different club as he had a Bournemouth.

At the time, we all thought it was a daft move and he undoubtedly moved for the money.

But, in hindsight it has probably turned out the best for him, Bournemouth and AFC.

Page 18 of 421 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast