Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2188

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Well well well being that January Transfer window has slammed shut on us and it was such an amazing window for us and a very entertaining thread on here, I can hardly wait for the next one.
    To think that our management and recruitment staff work so fkn hard behind the scenes TWO windows in advance its amazing they manage to cope and come up with such superb bits of business.
    So what do you think will happen in the up and coming summer transfer window?

    I'll start us off.
    All the loaned or borrowed players that we have will return to their parent clubs
    All Aberdeen's players that have been put out on loan or borrowed to other clubs will return to Pittodrie.

    And that will probably be that because as a football club we appear to have absolutely fk all ambition

    SF
    heid Shak !

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Well well well being that January Transfer window has slammed shut on us and it was such an amazing window for us and a very entertaining thread on here, I can hardly wait for the next one.
    To think that our management and recruitment staff work so fkn hard behind the scenes TWO windows in advance its amazing they manage to cope and come up with such superb bits of business.
    So what do you think will happen in the up and coming summer transfer window?

    I'll start us off.
    All the loaned or borrowed players that we have will return to their parent clubs
    All Aberdeen's players that have been put out on loan or borrowed to other clubs will return to Pittodrie.

    And that will probably be that because as a football club we appear to have absolutely fk all ambition

    SF
    I think that all the empty spaces at pittodrie last night, for a major game, tells us what most fans think of our ambition.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    I think that all the empty spaces at pittodrie last night, for a major game, tells us what most fans think of our ambition.
    Official attendance was 19,190 so we could only have sold another 1,300 tickets. Having said that they count all season tickets whether people turn up or not. My guess is that maybe a couple of thousand gave it a miss so maybe only 17,000 in ground. Some of that is understandable e.g. Merkland particularly empty as families not going on a school night for a game against the scum that was on TV.

    That all said I know what you are saying as there is a lethargy now in our fan base as gradually we are heading back to the bad old days of playing for third at best, when combined with negative tactics from the manager and lack of ambition from the Board. Not just us though as plenty of empty seats from the supposed better supported Edinburgh teams when they last played sevco as well, for much the same reasons I suspect.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,929
    The lack of ambition from the board is the main one.

    The cheeks strengthened again last month and we are being told we should be pleased because we managed to keep our key players.

    Obviously we can’t compete with their budgets but we aren’t even looking like we are making an effort.

    We might manage to finish above the Huns again this season if we are lucky but it really is just putting off the inevitable.The cheeks will keep getting stronger and we will keep filling our squad with loan players.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,023
    At least the club will have an empty plastic stadium and couple of training pitches and wee Stewartie gets reimbursed handsomely with his Pittodrie flats while the fans get their wish with a substantially increased youth policy.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The lack of ambition from the board is the main one.

    The cheeks strengthened again last month and we are being told we should be pleased because we managed to keep our key players.

    Obviously we can’t compete with their budgets but we aren’t even looking like we are making an effort.

    We might manage to finish above the Huns again this season if we are lucky but it really is just putting off the inevitable.The cheeks will keep getting stronger and we will keep filling our squad with loan players.
    The number of loan players is not the reason we are behind them (all three teams have five players “borrowed”), but rather the quality of loan players. We get players from Brentford and Birmingham whilst they get from PSG, Dortmund and Liverpool. Anybody who says the budget doesn’t make a difference is kidding themselves.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The number of loan players is not the reason we are behind them (all three teams have five players “borrowed”), but rather the quality of loan players. We get players from Brentford and Birmingham whilst they get from PSG, Dortmund and Liverpool. Anybody who says the budget doesn’t make a difference is kidding themselves.
    Man Utd?

    Think the expensively assembled permanent dross has something to do with it too like.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The number of loan players is not the reason we are behind them (all three teams have five players “borrowed”), but rather the quality of loan players. We get players from Brentford and Birmingham whilst they get from PSG, Dortmund and Liverpool. Anybody who says the budget doesn’t make a difference is kidding themselves.
    Yes but they also strengthened their squads while our squad seems to have decreased again.

    The Huns made 10 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    The Tims made 8 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    We made 4 permanent signings as well as 5 loans.

    With Shinnie,GMS and McKenna likely away in the summer as well as the 5 loans we are going to have a lot of players to sign and I expect that there will be a lot more than 5 players on loan next season.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Man Utd?

    Think the expensively assembled permanent dross has something to do with it too like.
    Wilson is no more MU calibre than you or me. It’s four years since he last played for them. He has spent the last four years either injured or bumming around the Championship. Look at what Kent did to us last night to see what spending money on a player that is a realistic top end of EPL player can do.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes but they also strengthened their squads while our squad seems to have decreased again.

    The Huns made 10 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    The Tims made 8 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    We made 4 permanent signings as well as 5 loans.

    With Shinnie,GMS and McKenna likely away in the summer as well as the 5 loans we are going to have a lot of players to sign and I expect that there will be a lot more than 5 players on loan next season.
    Both Stewart and Ball are out of contract in the Summer and I suspect we will try to sign both. We may or may not get Lowe again next season depending on what Derby do the rest of this season. Not sure what Hobans contract situation is but can’t see him getting anywhere near Watford’s team so he may be back if not Shaughnessy. I suspect we will end up with around 5 loans again.

    Easier said than done but the only realistic way to compete with the cheeks going forward in the long term is to try to bring through 4-5 of our own younger players at the same time and create a conveyor belt of getting 3-4 years out of them before selling them for decent money that can be re-invested in the team. Easy to say, much harder to make happen of course.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Both Stewart and Ball are out of contract in the Summer and I suspect we will try to sign both. We may or may not get Lowe again next season depending on what Derby do the rest of this season. Not sure what Hobans contract situation is but can’t see him getting anywhere near Watford’s team so he may be back if not Shaughnessy. I suspect we will end up with around 5 loans again.

    Easier said than done but the only realistic way to compete with the cheeks going forward in the long term is to try to bring through 4-5 of our own younger players at the same time and create a conveyor belt of getting 3-4 years out of them before selling them for decent money that can be re-invested in the team. Easy to say, much harder to make happen of course.
    I have said it before but if we sell McKenna in the summer it will be interesting to see how much gets invested back into the squad.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have said it before but if we sell McKenna in the summer it will be interesting to see how much gets invested back into the squad.
    Yes it will. I suspect that it will be 10-20% at most with the rest kept for the stadium sadly

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Wilson is no more MU calibre than you or me. It’s four years since he last played for them. He has spent the last four years either injured or bumming around the Championship. Look at what Kent did to us last night to see what spending money on a player that is a realistic top end of EPL player can do.
    He’s on a rather handsome United wage which I’d imagine at £35k per week dwarves Kent’s youth player contract at Liverpool.

    Kent was allowed to have a good game last night. I don’t recall him looking much at Hampden. Definite ability and potential with an outdoubtedly more focused mental approach than our loanee. He’s certainly offering more than what we’re getting.

    Clearly Stevie Erm Jèrarrd has seen enough at Liverpool youths as to what the player might offer. Not sure if it was the same with Ejaria who didn’t even bother flattering whilst deceiving, but you probably stand a better chance of plundering a Danny Ward ability player loan than a Ryan McLoughlin if you’ve worked with the youngster rather than be one of Russ Richardson’s noticeable misses.

    Course if you have a seemingly bottomless pit to write off £2m players within the first year of their £20k a week, it’s all pretty inconsequential isn’t it.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,144
    Yes when you don't blink at a £14M loss and continue to spend money like a drunk lottery winner, you are bound to hit the jackpot with the right players eventually

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,258
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes but they also strengthened their squads while our squad seems to have decreased again.

    The Huns made 10 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    The Tims made 8 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

    We made 4 permanent signings as well as 5 loans.

    With Shinnie,GMS and McKenna likely away in the summer as well as the 5 loans we are going to have a lot of players to sign and I expect that there will be a lot more than 5 players on loan next season.
    Looking like a much bigger squad rebuilding job this summer than we might have imagined. We seem to have gone from a very stable 2/3 year period to a 2/3 year period of major rebuilding every summer.

    As well as out of contract players and loans coming to an end, some under contract players comeing to the end of their usefullness (McGinn/Logan)

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Both Stewart and Ball are out of contract in the Summer and I suspect we will try to sign both. We may or may not get Lowe again next season depending on what Derby do the rest of this season. Not sure what Hobans contract situation is but can’t see him getting anywhere near Watford’s team so he may be back if not Shaughnessy. I suspect we will end up with around 5 loans again.

    Easier said than done but the only realistic way to compete with the cheeks going forward in the long term is to try to bring through 4-5 of our own younger players at the same time and create a conveyor belt of getting 3-4 years out of them before selling them for decent money that can be re-invested in the team. Easy to say, much harder to make happen of course.
    Ball? I've seen far worse players at Pittodrie in my many, many years of attending games, but he's nowhere near the first team at present. Not even sure if he fulfills the "squad player" tag. So, waste of a wage, in my opinion, and surely we can do better?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 07-02-2019 at 09:02 PM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Looking like a much bigger squad rebuilding job this summer than we might have imagined. We seem to have gone from a very stable 2/3 year period to a 2/3 year period of major rebuilding every summer.

    As well as out of contract players and loans coming to an end, some under contract players comeing to the end of their usefullness (McGinn/Logan)
    Unless we change our manager we will get more of the same with whatever players we sign in the summer. Defensive players doing attacking work and sh!tebag tactics.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Unless we change our manager we will get more of the same with whatever players we sign in the summer. Defensive players doing attacking work and sh!tebag tactics.
    Unless we change our Chairman nothing will change.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,545
    Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Unless we change our Chairman nothing will change.
    I don't know.....I'm sure he'll encourage Sevco 5088 to get ever stronger.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,174
    Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Unless we change our Chairman nothing will change.
    There is no real appetite in Aberdeen to get rid of Milne and McInnes who are both sh!tebags. Some are even accepting getting conned out of cash which is astounding. Milne is ruining the club, ruined the stadium and is blaming the fans for not having enough money. The shareholders love him so he gets an easy time of it. Milne’s lack of ambition has won over the majority of the Aberdeen support...that’s the harsh reality.

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •