+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 421 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Would need to look back, so will do that later, unless others are inclined.
    That said, first team names that are still contracted to be here next year: -

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ferguson
    McGinn May McLennan
    Cosgrove

So we need to replace as a minimum a CM for Shinnie.
    We do have Gleeson, but I'm not counting him yet as a first team player due to his fleeting usage.

Granted we need more depth and arguably some more quality, but I also seem to recall that there have been recent seasons where it appeared we were losing more first team players
    McKenna will definitely go in the summer unless he gets seriously injured or suddenly loses form. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bid or two for Ferguson and maybe even Cosgrove if he scores say another 10 in the second half of the season. I'm also pretty sure we'll cut our losses with Gleeson, and Reynolds will be gone, along with GMS, Shinnie and potentially Wright unless the loan to Dundee goes well. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we tried to get rid of Stevie May too. Ball will surely not be back for a third loan. Wilson and Hoban won't be back and Lowe will probably not be back unless Derby get promoted to the EPL. Add another year on to guys like Logan, Considine and McGinn who are already showing signs of beginning to fade. Then you have youngsters showing promise like McLennan, Campbell, Anderson, Ross - but it's quite possible none of them will really make it.

Not trying to paint a doom and gloom picture, but all of the scenarios above are at least 50/50 in likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    McKenna will definitely go in the summer
    I think so too, but then again I thought he was definitely away this window.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bid or two for Ferguson
    I would agree here also, although with contract discussions ongoing, hopefully there is an extension which bumps up the price.
    I could also see him staying for another year beyond the summer.

and maybe even Cosgrove if he scores say another 10 in the second half of the season.
    This I'm not so convinced of.
    I think he'd need to score another 10 the second half of the season and then show he can do it next year as well.

I'm also pretty sure we'll cut our losses with Gleeson, and Reynolds will be gone, along with GMS, Shinnie and potentially Wright unless the loan to Dundee goes well.
    I think there is still doubt for some of these.
    Gleeson may end up the replacement for Shinnie, if he goes, but then again, he may just end up staying again. As I said, lets not count the chickens just yet when everyone was convinced he was off to Wigan or when Logan was a certainty to go down south again.
    Reynolds will not be a loss to be honest, he's hardly played for the last two years.
    Same with Wright, I'm not convinced. He has the ability, but too often brushed off his game and goes quiet. Hopefully Dundee toughens him up a bit.

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we tried to get rid of Stevie May too.
    We'll have a replacement lined up if that happens.

Ball will surely not be back for a third loan.
    Isn't he out of contract. He could sign permanently, but why would he if he's not playing

Wilson and Hoban won't be back
    Agreed, replaced with other loan players in all likelihood. Stewart could become permanent as a potential

Lowe will probably not be back unless Derby get promoted to the EPL.
    I would have agreed, but depending on what Derby do, he may yet become a viable option

Add another year on to guys like Logan, Considine and McGinn who are already showing signs of beginning to fade.
    I do think these are areas we can improve on, albeit statistically McGinn is still hugely influential

Then you have youngsters showing promise like McLennan, Campbell, Anderson, Ross - but it's quite possible none of them will really make it.
    I think they have all showed enough that they can make it.
    Slightly worried about Ross's prolonged back injury

Not trying to paint a doom and gloom picture, but all of the scenarios above are at least 50/50 in likelihood.
    A lot of if's and buts to be fair.
    I still seem to think that the rebuild a couple of years ago was greater.

P.S. Great post by the way

I would agree here also, although with contract discussions ongoing, hopefully there is an extension which bumps up the price.

I think he'd need to score another 10 the second half of the season and then show he can do it next year as well.

Gleeson may end up the replacement for Shinnie, if he goes, but then again, he may just end up staying again. As I said, lets not count the chickens just yet when everyone was convinced he was off to Wigan or when Logan was a certainty to go down south again.
    Reynolds will not be a loss to be honest, he's hardly played for the last two years.
    Same with Wright, I'm not convinced. He has the ability, but too often brushed off his game and goes quiet. Hopefully Dundee toughens him up a bit.

Isn't he out of contract. He could sign permanently, but why would he if he's not playing

Agreed, replaced with other loan players in all likelihood. Stewart could become permanent as a potential

I would have agreed, but depending on what Derby do, he may yet become a viable option

I do think these are areas we can improve on, albeit statistically McGinn is still hugely influential

Are / were you an English teacher? That was like getting an essay back with feedback and red pen! haha Glad you agree with some of it - all ifs and buts, but I think we'll be needing to bring in a lot of players in the summer.

Are / were you an English teacher? That was like getting an essay back with feedback and red pen! haha Glad you agree with some of it - all ifs and buts, but I think we'll be needing to bring in a lot of players in the summer.
    Nah min.
    Tried to make it easier as you had so many points, most of which I agreed with

Nah min.
    You aren't an English teacher!?

Nah min.
    I know, I know - I admire your messageboard skills, I wouldn't know how to quote multiple things in a single reply!
    (Nothing against English teachers btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You aren't an English teacher!?
    No, he makes a fortune delivering wrong pizzas.

That should be a worry...McInnes virtually by his own admission said we made a Roger Hunt of the transfer windows that season.

I would like to see us starting to look down the leagues in Scotland for talent, there is plenty there.

One player I thought was worth a look was Lyndon Dykes of QOS who went to Livingston in the window but was loaned back.

Typical of the talent that we seem to have no interest in that can clearly play at a higher level, and will be interesting to see how he gets on against us. I suspect because he wasn't sitting in the stands for Timmy he wasn't worth having a look at.

Instead of the usual borrow nonsense a combination of established players and ones for the future should be our policy with a maximum of one loanee at any given time.

Page 2 of 421 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast