+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 231 of 421 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Have any of our summer signings had any of you rushing to buy a season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Have any of our summer signings had any of you rushing to buy a season ticket?
    I’m not sure if there are any players who we could afford that would make people rush out to buy season tickets.

My dad always goes on about a reserve game being packed because we re signed Joe Harper.

I can’t see many players having that sort of effect these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m not sure if there are any players who we could afford that would make people rush out to buy season tickets.

My dad always goes on about a reserve game being packed because we re signed Joe Harper.

Our team is seriously lacking flair, pace and creativity though - we could really do with signing someone who can provide some of that. I can't think of anyone in particular who would tick the box to be honest - but a GMS / Christie / Hayes type player is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I forgot about the winger

You could have also stated that Ash Taylor was an attacking centre back to make it more interesting. We will see how we get on soon enough but McInnes isn’t what you would call a positive thinking attacking manager. He likes to counter teams for some strange reason in Scotland. A bit more ambition is required if we want to move up on our league position from last season and if we genuinely want more fans through the gates. A team that doesn’t do entertaining football and has a negative thinking manager can hardly moan about the size of its home crowds.
    Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.
    You can do better than that...you could consider him an auxiliary centre forward! So technically we haven't signed ANY out and out defenders . Just watched the you tube clip of the boy Leigh, two nominations for goal of the season as a left back is not bad...though we're only talking about league 1 or 2.

I can see the logic in a certain amount of counter attacking even against the smaller sides simply because they often sit in. If we haven't got the creative nous in the middle of the park to unlock them we kind of have to encourage them to come at us, it's either that or hoofball. To avoid that we are probably.y short of a true number 10 and as he seems reluctant to use McGinn like that I'm hoping one of our expected loan signings will be in the Maddison mould then Mcinnes will have less of an excuse to play on the counter as you've said. We shall see. I wouldn't be as surprised as you if play more positively this season and I think McInnes knows the crowds have dipped because of the dire entertainment on show.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Our team is seriously lacking flair, pace and creativity though - we could really do with signing someone who can provide some of that. I can't think of anyone in particular who would tick the box to be honest - but a GMS / Christie / Hayes type player is what we need.
    Yeah but when we signed GMS,Christie and Hayes it didn’t exactly have people rushing out to buy season tickets.

We hopefully will sign a creative type player although it’s looking more likely to be a young player on loan from England.

20,000 for a home game to see Dunfermline after the £400k on Charlie Nick.

As opposed to £400k on Stevie May.

I seriously doubt we’ll have money to pay transfer fees?
    If we did I’m sure McInnes would’ve been back in for Christian Doidge.

Aye... but the new stadium won’t affect the budget says Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    20,000 for a home game to see Dunfermline after the £400k on Charlie Nick.

As opposed to £400k on Stevie May.

I seriously doubt we’ll have money to pay transfer fees?
    If we did I’m sure McInnes would’ve been back in for Christian Doidge.

Aye... but the new stadium won’t affect the budget says Milne.
    We would have to pay a lot more than £400k these days for a player like Charlie Nicholas.

So I highly doubt there is a player we could get who is going to sell out Pittodrie or the sh1t box once it’s built.

Even Hans Gillhaus never attracted the crowds like Charlie Nicholas. We aren't going to make much seat filling signings like that in our history (perhaps maybe the return of Joey Harper but I'm too young to know)

However, Nicholas had the crowds flocking (pardon the pun) for Hibs away and Dunfermline and Dundee Utd at home, then they disappeared.

Personally, I don't care about a circus act, I just want us to sign good players. We don't know yet if the ones we've signed are any good but I'll wait until they have some games under their belt before criticising. Surely it can't be as bad as the guff we signed last year though. Or the year before that...

I don’t care about a player selling out Pittodrie either.

The point was rj was asking if any of our signings so far have made anyone rush out to buy a season ticket and I said there isn’t any players we could afford that would get people to rush out to buy one

We would have to pay a lot more than £400k these days for a player like Charlie Nicholas.

So I highly doubt there is a player we could get who is going to sell out Pittodrie or the sh1t box once it’s built.
    I get what you say about Nicholas and you're right - that's a pipe dream.

However, we were allegedly bidding cash that for players last summer, one of which has just gone for £250k, a player DM was keen to get. We spent £200k on Forrester.
    I find it hard to believe 12 months on, he'd not be interested in Doidge again?
    Which tells me we'll be spending the square root of f**k all on fees this summer.
    Which is fine given the stadium and training ground, it just p1sses me off when Milne says it won't affect the budget when that appears to be a disingenuous comment (he said diplomatically).

Page 231 of 421 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast