+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 266 of 421 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think there is no doubt he has shown flashes of good ability but he also looked disinterested many times. The big question for me is given he has earned something like £6million over the last four years does he have the hunger to put in a shift and make something of his career or will his bulging bank balance take the edge off his appetite? Time will tell.
    Comes down to man management. To make it as far as he has in football you need to have a bit of determination about you. At the end of his career he won’t look back with pride for all the money he earned at Man Utd. I reckon he’ll have something to prove.

I wish James Wilson well. I hope the manager sees something in him. I just wonder why he didn’t make more of an impact last season. I can’t help fearing a repeat of the Greg Stewart situation but must keep an open mind. The guy certainly has talent and is a natural in front of goal. Fingers crossed

Ali Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Only a nationality connection of sorts (Finno-Scouse) but I do have high hopes for Miko Virtanen. Sorry he didn't get a chance against Peterhead tonight but a defensive midfielder who scores goals and has played right back both at Aberdeen and Finland U21 over the last couple of seasons.
    I’ve never seen him play so can’t really comment.
    The fact we gave him a 2 year contract when he’s never played for the first team at the age of 20 suggests the club think he has a chance?
    Most players, if they haven’t had a game by 20, find themselves released?

So far we have signed Bryson, Wilson and Hedges who have (allegedly) been offered deals by championship clubs.

So can we compete with them? Of course we can.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ve never seen him play so can’t really comment.
    The fact we gave him a 2 year contract when he’s never played for the first team at the age of 20 suggests the club think he has a chance?
    Most players, if they haven’t had a game by 20, find themselves released?
    I dont think there would be any harm in giving him a run out in these pre season games. The likes of Campbell, Both the Ross bros and Ferguson have showed that if good enough, they should be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I dont think there would be any harm in giving him a run out in these pre season games. The likes of Campbell, Both the Ross bros and Ferguson have showed that if good enough, they should be playing.
    I don't think either Ross brother or Campbell have shown anything yet.. All three need to push on this season and follow Ferguson's lead...

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So because he got into positions 3 times to miss 3 chances he is a proper footballer?

What does that make Cosgrove for getting into positions and actually scoring the chances
    Ach well I think you understood my point. He is positionally aware has pace and skill .Given a run in the team I think the goals will come. It's always nice to have a player in the team who can do something a little special . Niall in his pomp ,McKay Stevens to a degree. I'm just hoping he can reproduce the on a regular basis. It's what's fans want. Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Ach well I think you understood my point. He is positionally aware has pace and skill .Given a run in the team I think the goals will come. It's always nice to have a player in the team who can do something a little special . Niall in his pomp ,McKay Stevens to a degree. I'm just hoping he can reproduce the on a regular basis. It's what's fans want. Entertainment.
    I'd go as far to say I'd give Wilson a run of games at "9" instead of Cosgrove.
    I think he'd score as many goals as him, and he's a far better player in terms of skill, awareness, touch.
    He's also much quicker.
    We persevered with Cosgrove, Wilson deserves that same chance.

That all said, I suspect DM may try and play him playing off the right hand side, not an out and out winger, but similar to the position he had for the last few games post split last season.

Now....where's this central midfielder?....

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I don't think either Ross brother or Campbell have shown anything yet.. All three need to push on this season and follow Ferguson's lead...
    I would think a good few of the younger players will get loaned out for game time and experience.
    Not Dean Campbell though as he's needed for centre midfield where we are light.

I'm thinking
    Ethan Ross
    Frank Ross
    Seb Ross
    Scott Wright
    Bruce Anderson

Playing 30 games for a Championship team would be far better for them than playing for our reserves or the odd 5 minutes off our bench, surely?

Page 266 of 421 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast