+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 290 of 421 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Sunderland seem to have only taken the option to extend in order to recoup some money on McGeouch and potentially use towards this boy Dobson.
    Not sure what the contractual implications of that would be, if that was correct? Can't quite work out Sunderland's thinking here.

If McGeouch was reputadly on £8K a week last season, then surely it would have be in Sunderland's best interests to just let his contract run down last month and get him out the door? Why would they give him another £400K contract and then try and take in £150K transfer fee, knowing he could sit on his ass for a year and bank that £400K?

Was it because his initial contract had a one year option, which he has triggered, but which they are now trying to renage on and get him out? Even if that was true, surely they would just free him, to make it as attractive and quick as possible to get him out? Can't work out why they would seek a fee as well, knowing the £8K a week is costing them
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 09-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Not sure what the contractual implications of that would be, if that was correct? Can't quite work out Sunderland's thinking here.

If McGeouch was reputadly on £8K a week last season, then surely it would have be in Sunderland's best interests to just let his contract run down last month and get him out the door? Why would they give him another £400K contract and then try and take in £150K transfer fee, knowing he could sit on his ass for a year and bank that dough?
    All Hypothetical, but if we offered £5k a week, then he'd only be short £150k.
    If were buying him for £250k, then Sunderland could give him the £150k and still be £100k up.
    All hypothetical though before anyone comes out frothing at the figures

If McGeouch does sign on for us, what are the chances of him being fit enough to go straight into the starting line up for thursday night?
    Personally I think he might be a don soon, but for Thursday night I think we will have to go with what we have

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Personally I think he might be a Don soon, but for Thursday night I think we will have to go with what we have

COYR
    Definetly. Think the midfield will be along the lines of the Peterheed and ICT games, meaning Deano and Fergie in behind Gallagher, Wright and Hedges.

Definetly. Think the midfield will be along the lines of the Peterheed and ICT games, meaning Deano and Fergie in behind Gallagher, Wright and Hedges.
    You don't think Bryson is going to be fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    You don't think Bryson is going to be fit ?
    With zero mins under his belt? Nope. However experienced he is in managing his recovery from injury, I'd be surprised if DM throws him straight in.

Might make the bench. Or is there a Colts game v Deveronvale tonight, that he might get a 45 mins in?

With zero mins under his belt? Nope. However experienced he is in managing his recovery from injury, I'd be surprised if DM throws him straight in.

Might make the bench. Or is there a Colts game v Deveronvale tonight, that he might get a 45 mins in?
    Yip, and it would be good if he could get some minutes under his belt

Name:  DV.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  37.3 KB

Would like to see a couple of the other lads get some minutes in that game as well

Keeping my fingers crossed we do get McGeouch after all as I think our team would actually look in reasonable shape with his addition...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Leigh
    McGeouch
    McGinn Ferguson Bryson Hedges
    Wilson

I think that would be our strongest 11 (unsure how good Gallagher is). I don't think that's the way McInnes will go though, he'll have Cosgrove up top, Wilson wide, Ferguson in the 10 role with McGeouch and Bryson behind, and probably Main in one of the wide roles too. He loves to make things more complicated by not doing the obvious.

Someone on the hat is claiming the press have been told to prepare for an announcement this evening

Page 290 of 421 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast