+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 302 of 421 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think we will try and get cash for Stevie May to help bring in further players
    Even if we get a tenner for him pal, it will be used towards the shuttle bus arena, I think we all know that.
    Personally I don't want to see May move on at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Even if we get a tenner for him pal, it will be used towards the shuttle bus arena, I think we all know that.
    Personally I don't want to see May move on at all.
    I honestly think another manager would get a goals scoring Stevie May. McInnes and his sh!t 4-2-3-1 system never suited May.

I honestly think another manager would get a goals scoring Stevie May. McInnes and his sh!t 4-2-3-1 system never suited May.
    Doubt it. When we played 2 up front that didn't suit him either.

May's problem is not just not scoring goals. He doesn't take shots either. He also doesn't take up strikers positions in the box any more. When the ball comes to him he usually doesn't shoot, he passes it.

He isn't really a striker any more as far as I can see. I think he is an attacking midfielder. Might have his uses in that capacity but I don't think he is ever gonna score a lot of goals again unless he drops a level or two. But I've been wrong before.

Like McIntyre was going to unleash Wright

Just listened to Derek McInnes Red TV post match press conference.

Having listened to a good few of his interviews over the years, and reading between the lines, it just makes me more convinced he’s waiting in the hope of signing McGeouch.
    The insinuation was he could easily have signed a midfielder for this tie, but would rather wait for the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Like McIntyre was going to unleash Wright
    Wright was doing okay at Dundee. He seems to be one of our better players during the pre season. Give the young lad a chance. I reckon he is too attacking for you and McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    Doubt it. When we played 2 up front that didn't suit him either.

May's problem is not just not scoring goals. He doesn't take shots either. He also doesn't take up strikers positions in the box any more. When the ball comes to him he usually doesn't shoot, he passes it.

He isn't really a striker any more as far as I can see. I think he is an attacking midfielder. Might have his uses in that capacity but I don't think he is ever gonna score a lot of goals again unless he drops a level or two. But I've been wrong before.
    He was playing well enough in the December run until McInnes decided enough of the team enjoying scoring and winning matches so he made him a man marker and absolutely f’ucked the momentum of the team.
    I admit May has been lacking goals, assists, shots etc but I honestly believe he didn’t get used to his strength for the good of the team and himself. McInnes has ruined the lad.

Wright was doing okay at Dundee. He seems to be one of our better players during the pre season. Give the young lad a chance. I reckon he is too attacking for you and McInnes.
    Wright has all the ability and skills, he just makes poor decisions.
    He did the same at Dundee as he has done here in the past.
    Flatter for a game or two, then drops his level.
    A different manager didn’t get any more out of him.

Is that the same Scott Wright who was in & out of the bottom team Dundee last season?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Wright has all the ability and skills, he just makes poor decisions.
    He did the same at Dundee as he has done here in the past.
    Flatter for a game or two, then drops his level.
    A different manager didn’t get any more out of him.
    He was good in the Dundee team and was a threat. Dundee were absolutely rank last season but Wright played very decent for them.
    I hope the lad gets the chance to prove negative radges like yourself wrong.
    Scott Wright will be a great player if given a good chance

Page 302 of 421 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast