+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 398 of 421 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since that seems to be our transfer window activity for players coming in now over what does everyone think? I don’t think we are any further forward to be honest and cannot see us winning any trophies as we will struggle in big matches. If our club ambition to finish 3rd is what we are aiming for then it might be achievable if any other team in our league doesn’t have a strong season.
    Oh Derek McInnes
    My dislike for the donkey aside, I would seriously like to see us having a go with Wilson and Main up front but that will probably never happen under DM and his hoof it up the park to the big lad tactics.
    Wilson is potentially a class act but he is not going to inspire anyone or anything from the fkn bench ffs.

Hedges seems to be ok as does Gallagher, Ojo for me is going to be a let down.
    Leigh might be OK, Taylor was a bombscare first time round so I guess not much has changed.

Bryson is going to spend more time on the treatment table than on the park.

On the transfer window as a whole I'm still a bit meh, not sure we are done yet though

COYR
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 09-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.

The fair realistic objectives of the season would probably be

required:
    Qualify for Europe
    do one of:
    Europa Groups
    League Cup win
    Scottish Cup win
    1st-2nd in the league

We are not crying in to our milk quite yet but the Europa groups was the most exciting possibility which looks more than difficult now.

He'll probably bring in one more player and shift out a few. All nearer the deadline.

We've still to see Bryson properly fitting in to the team and he's meant to be the marquee signing...

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    My dislike for the donkey aside, I would seriously like to see us having a go with Wilson and Main up front but that will probably never happen under DM and his hoof it up the park to the big lad tactics.
    Wilson is potentially a class act but he is not going to inspire anyone or anything from the fkn bench ffs.

Leigh might be OK, Taylor was a bombscare first time round so I guess not much has changed.

On the transfer window as a whole I'm still a bit meh, not sure we are done yet though

COYR
    I've always criticised Cosgrove, but at the moment he merits his place in the team. If we play proper football rather than hoofing it up to his head, he's actually done fairly well. I would like to see Wilson in the team alongside him, or just behind him though.

Curtis Main is just a Stevie May replacement - he'll get on when we need someone to run around a lot and defend from the front. He'll not score or create many.

Hedges I think will be good, as will Gallagher, but only if we play proper football (as we have done in the home games). Ojo I think will be good, but he will rely on movement ahead of him - his default will always be to keep the ball, so unless there's good movement up ahead, we're going to see a lot of sideways passing from him.

Leigh looks decent and will be fine once he settles in fully I think. Taylor should be filed alongside Logan - defenders who will cost us goals through lack of concentration and moments of madness.

Bryson could turn out to be a disaster of a signing if he doesn't get fit soon. I'm not entirely sure how he'll fit into the team anyway as I can't see McInnes dropping Ojo or Ferguson and I think we need someone like Gallagher or Wright in the advanced midfield position to provide more pace and running than Bryson will offer.

I think it's been a decent window, but the success of these players will be a lot down to the style of play we adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

COYR
    I honestly can’t say I am excited by Main and Wilson. I really think they are not going to set the Heather on fire and this will result with us playing hoofball to Cosgrove more often than not.
    Not sure about Ojo as I am hard to please regarding defensive midfield players. I think Gallagher will be our better player more consistently than Hedges. Leigh looks like he will be a decent player. Taylor could possibly be better than we expect but I think Bryson will be a bit of a disappointment. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    The fair realistic objectives of the season would probably be

required:
    Qualify for Europe
    do one of:
    Europa Groups
    League Cup win
    Scottish Cup win
    1st-2nd in the league

We are not crying in to our milk quite yet but the Europa groups was the most exciting possibility which looks more than difficult now.

He'll probably bring in one more player and shift out a few. All nearer the deadline.

We've still to see Bryson properly fitting in to the team and he's meant to be the marquee signing...

Of the objectives you've listed, Europa Group stages would be a better achievement than winning a domestic cup IMO.
    Financially it would dwarf anything we can achieve here, even winning the league FFS, which is laughable.
    Playing wise, it would be a bigger achievement too, as in all likelihood, we'd possibly only have to beat either the Dhims or SEVCO in a one off game to achieve a domestic cup win.
    To get to the group stages of Europa, we'd have needed to beat both Rijeka and Gent over two legs to get there.
    Finishing in the top two in the league would be an achievement too, given the millions the bigot brothers spunk every year.

Qualification for Europe should be a bottom line target, a sackable offence if we didn't arguably (it's usually top 4).

That all said, I'd rather win a domestic cup than qualify for the group stages of the Europa.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Is Bryson an injury probe dud? Like RST said we might not see much of him anytime soon? Wasnt he signed for games like last night
    To be fair, I don't think Bryson is injury prone as such ...it's the one injury (ankle ligament damage) that he's struggling with.
    Devlin is what you'd call injury prone....arrived with a severe knee injury, then sustained a foot injury and now torn a hamstring. That's injury prone.
    Some folk are just unfortunate and don't have a body capable of dealing with physical professional sport...he might be one.
    We might sign another one of them in November...

What's the actual story with Gleeson? Is he training or anything?

Goodness knows. He isn’t a player we need though, so no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    What's the actual story with Gleeson? Is he training or anything?
    Had knee surgery not so long ago. Oot for a month they reckon.

I don’t think we would notice the difference if he played with an injured knee

Page 398 of 421 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast