+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 421 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Both Stewart and Ball are out of contract in the Summer and I suspect we will try to sign both. We may or may not get Lowe again next season depending on what Derby do the rest of this season. Not sure what Hobans contract situation is but can’t see him getting anywhere near Watford’s team so he may be back if not Shaughnessy. I suspect we will end up with around 5 loans again.

Easier said than done but the only realistic way to compete with the cheeks going forward in the long term is to try to bring through 4-5 of our own younger players at the same time and create a conveyor belt of getting 3-4 years out of them before selling them for decent money that can be re-invested in the team. Easy to say, much harder to make happen of course.
    I have said it before but if we sell McKenna in the summer it will be interesting to see how much gets invested back into the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have said it before but if we sell McKenna in the summer it will be interesting to see how much gets invested back into the squad.
    Yes it will. I suspect that it will be 10-20% at most with the rest kept for the stadium sadly

Wilson is no more MU calibre than you or me. It’s four years since he last played for them. He has spent the last four years either injured or bumming around the Championship. Look at what Kent did to us last night to see what spending money on a player that is a realistic top end of EPL player can do.
    He’s on a rather handsome United wage which I’d imagine at £35k per week dwarves Kent’s youth player contract at Liverpool.

Kent was allowed to have a good game last night. I don’t recall him looking much at Hampden. Definite ability and potential with an outdoubtedly more focused mental approach than our loanee. He’s certainly offering more than what we’re getting.

Clearly Stevie Erm Jèrarrd has seen enough at Liverpool youths as to what the player might offer. Not sure if it was the same with Ejaria who didn’t even bother flattering whilst deceiving, but you probably stand a better chance of plundering a Danny Ward ability player loan than a Ryan McLoughlin if you’ve worked with the youngster rather than be one of Russ Richardson’s noticeable misses.

Course if you have a seemingly bottomless pit to write off £2m players within the first year of their £20k a week, it’s all pretty inconsequential isn’t it.

Yes when you don't blink at a £14M loss and continue to spend money like a drunk lottery winner, you are bound to hit the jackpot with the right players eventually

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes but they also strengthened their squads while our squad seems to have decreased again.

The Huns made 10 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

The Tims made 8 permanent signings on top of the 5 loans.

We made 4 permanent signings as well as 5 loans.

With Shinnie,GMS and McKenna likely away in the summer as well as the 5 loans we are going to have a lot of players to sign and I expect that there will be a lot more than 5 players on loan next season.
    Looking like a much bigger squad rebuilding job this summer than we might have imagined. We seem to have gone from a very stable 2/3 year period to a 2/3 year period of major rebuilding every summer.

As well as out of contract players and loans coming to an end, some under contract players comeing to the end of their usefullness (McGinn/Logan)

Both Stewart and Ball are out of contract in the Summer and I suspect we will try to sign both. We may or may not get Lowe again next season depending on what Derby do the rest of this season. Not sure what Hobans contract situation is but can’t see him getting anywhere near Watford’s team so he may be back if not Shaughnessy. I suspect we will end up with around 5 loans again.

Easier said than done but the only realistic way to compete with the cheeks going forward in the long term is to try to bring through 4-5 of our own younger players at the same time and create a conveyor belt of getting 3-4 years out of them before selling them for decent money that can be re-invested in the team. Easy to say, much harder to make happen of course.
    Ball? I've seen far worse players at Pittodrie in my many, many years of attending games, but he's nowhere near the first team at present. Not even sure if he fulfills the "squad player" tag. So, waste of a wage, in my opinion, and surely we can do better?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 07-02-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Looking like a much bigger squad rebuilding job this summer than we might have imagined. We seem to have gone from a very stable 2/3 year period to a 2/3 year period of major rebuilding every summer.

As well as out of contract players and loans coming to an end, some under contract players comeing to the end of their usefullness (McGinn/Logan)
    Unless we change our manager we will get more of the same with whatever players we sign in the summer. Defensive players doing attacking work and sh!tebag tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Unless we change our manager we will get more of the same with whatever players we sign in the summer. Defensive players doing attacking work and sh!tebag tactics.
    Unless we change our Chairman nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I don't know.....I'm sure he'll encourage Sevco 5088 to get ever stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    There is no real appetite in Aberdeen to get rid of Milne and McInnes who are both sh!tebags. Some are even accepting getting conned out of cash which is astounding. Milne is ruining the club, ruined the stadium and is blaming the fans for not having enough money. The shareholders love him so he gets an easy time of it. Milne’s lack of ambition has won over the majority of the Aberdeen support...that’s the harsh reality.

Page 4 of 421 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast