Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 51 of 211 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4201

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree this won't do us any favours but well done to the lad. Pretty amazing that the Englandshire U20 manager even knows he exists given he was playing for us as presumably there was decent competition for the squad given how well the englandshire youth teams have been doing recently. Maybe Frank had a word.

    Given that loan players are (unfortunately) here to stay in modern football, will do us no harm in getting future Max Lowe's from our Southern friends and adds to the Ward, Maddison "success story" of being at Aberdeen on loan
    There are many success stories for loan players to Aberdeen.
    It will remain a good way to get better players than we would normally be able to afford into the team.

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,610
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There are many success stories for loan players to Aberdeen.
    It will remain a good way to get better players than we would normally be able to afford into the team.
    Can never get a settled squad though. One downfall

    Every summer needs a rebuild at the moment and other downfall

    There is also the danger of recall a third downfall

    We have had some amount of sh@te that well and truly outweighs the good via loans. The good have been very good though.


    Good having decent players like you say. But a squad full of loans is never a good thing in the long run

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Get Ralph in if heís free and presumably willing to take lowish wage on a yearís deal to prove himself. If weíre lucky enough to deal in Lowe again - play him to his strengths and more advanced - not sure weíre going to source better for the wing within budget.

    Considine for centre-half cover along with Taylor should be sufficient and the bargain basement dealing should allow the manager of the bonus ball punt on Hoban. Allow him to spend the summer concentrating on the other half of the pitch that requires more creative surgery.

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If youíre digging out predictions for last season, miss out the one when I said that Forrester's distribution would turn Stevie May into a 30 goal a season player.
    To be fair you weren't far off

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Can never get a settled squad though. One downfall

    Every summer needs a rebuild at the moment and other downfall

    There is also the danger of recall a third downfall

    We have had some amount of sh@te that well and truly outweighs the good via loans. The good have been very good though.


    Good having decent players like you say. But a squad full of loans is never a good thing in the long run
    That's modern football though.
    Every club seems to utilise the loan system far more than it used to.
    Maybe that's a negative thing and an impact of the likes of Sky.

    I wouldn't say the sh!te loans outweigh the good loans as the sh!te invariably doesn't get as much gamete, so I wouldn't sacrifice the ability to loan players and see better quality, just because some squad players are not as good as they thought they were.

    There's probably far too much footballers earning a living playing the game.
    Quantity of quality.
    Flooding the market.

    I'd hope that our loaning of dross players reduces as the quality of youngsters starts to come through and we rely on them to bulk the squad rather than at best average loan players, leaving the budget for getting better quality players / loans in.

    I would agree that any loan players should be for a minimum of 1 year deals to ensure that seasons are not hampered by recalls

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,602
    Play the loan game and you're killing football.

    Up to you of course.

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,101
    the loan game is gonna get interesting for us if Jody Morris does move to Chelsea

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,610
    Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    the loan game is gonna get interesting for us if Jody Morris does move to Chelsea
    Maybe we could ask for Hazard

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Maybe we could ask for Hazard
    Russ Richardson would recommend his wee brother, Hap.

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,874
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Such a prominent player that was to walk straight into our first team, despite DM having a reputation for not giving youth a chance.
    I'm surprised there was not a separate thread dedicated to his arrival / pre-contract signing.

    Meanwhile, some views from posters at that time
    My point about Ferguson was correct. We dropped down 2 league positions as we didnít tool up properly. Our signings were generally guff last summer.

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    the loan game is gonna get interesting for us if Jody Morris does move to Chelsea
    I know what you mean Iím already wondering which of the potential loans we could almost sign from them

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,101
    Jody will see us right with the 46th and 47th loan out making there way to Abz

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,850
    Michael Hector would seem a no-brainer to start with.
    He's still on the their books I think?

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,622
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My point about Ferguson was correct. We dropped down 2 league positions as we didn’t tool up properly.
    Yeah that was Ferguson’s fault

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,408
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Michael Hector would seem a no-brainer to start with.
    He's still on the their books I think?
    Sheffield Wednesday had him & want to keep him.
    That’ll be that then.

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Some thoughts on some of the rumours and a few added suggestions: https://www.whatastramash.com/home/the-rumour-mill

    No to Coutts, Main and Taylor if you can't be arsed clicking. A few decent options in England including Bidwell and... Ambrose

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti7 View Post
    Some thoughts on some of the rumours and a few added suggestions: https://www.whatastramash.com/home/the-rumour-mill

    No to Coutts, Main and Taylor if you can't be arsed clicking. A few decent options in England including Bidwell and... Ambrose
    good post.

    didnt quite realise Coutts game time was quite so bad as that

    i'd be keen on mcgeouch and djoum to go with ferguson in the middle.

    i cant see ambrose choosing north over central belt if Scotland

    keen on Lowe and Hoban but id pass on Ball and Wilson

    winger I fancy is Marley Watkins on loan

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    good post.

    didnt quite realise Coutts game time was quite so bad as that

    i'd be keen on mcgeouch and djoum to go with ferguson in the middle.

    i cant see ambrose choosing north over central belt if Scotland

    keen on Lowe and Hoban but id pass on Ball and Wilson

    winger I fancy is Marley Watkins on loan
    Having read that, I agree with the guts of that assessment. If a deal can be found Iíd still take Wilson and Coutts still falls into the McInnes dream signing scenario. Ash Taylor should never even so much as wear an Aberdeen scarf ever again. The relentless pursuit and coverage of Main is ebbing the life essence out of me like the lizard blokes in the Dark Crystal.

    This horrific one dimensional aesthetically bowf grindball that McInnes covets will have found itís Prince if we sign Main. It canít be a coincidence that Cosgrove and Main sounds like an some awful mid eighties comedy duo who are well past their sell by date and thrive on Butlins and panto season.

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,473
    Post number 983 on this thread is yet again another example of someone who is nae wired up right

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,622
    You don’t do sarcasm and facts then

Page 51 of 211 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •