+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 421 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What an absolute pant pishing comment.
    Without knowing who is coming in and even if we go with the list talked about, I'm confident we will be top 6.
    If were not, I'll happily join the half empty yellow stained pants crew in calling for change of management.

Anyone else think were destined for bottom 6?
    I think we will be top 6 no problem. Looking less likely to finish 2nd again though, never mind win the league...ever again.

I don't understand the empty happy clapping speshul bus mentality you are driving when it comes to being worried about what can be achieved without Mcinnes though.

Top 6 is piss easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think we will be top 6 no problem. Looking less likely to finish 2nd again though, never mind win the league...ever again.

I don't understand the empty happy clapping speshul bus mentality you are driving when it comes to being worried about what can be achieved without Mcinnes though.

Top 6 is piss easy.
    Given the budget we will be working with we should quite comfortably be top 6 providing we sign even just a couple of good players. In order to stay within touching distance of the top 2 though we'll need several good signings and I'm less than confident that we'll manage to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    The same pairing that bossed our defence 9 game winning run without hardly conceding a goal I seem to remember??
    I think it's safe to say that Taylor is on his way back if MainStandMoan feels the need to comment...I'm not overly distressed like I say

Without knowing who is coming in and even if we go with the list talked about, I'm confident we will be top 6.
    If were not, I'll happily join the half empty yellow stained pants crew in calling for change of management.

No. I don’t think we’ll be bottom 6.
    Where we will be can only be guessed come August when the squads of all the teams are in place.

Right now? A guess...
    Fighting for 3rd with Hearts & Hibs.
    Killie 6th if Clarke leaves.

Yaaas, talking about whether we’ll be top 6 or not next season. Ohhhhh Derek McInnes

I'll hold my hands up and say i'm not optimistic.
    Pedro may yet be proved right about us being at the end of a cycle.

We've a huge hole to fill both in terms of numbers and quality and as yet we have no-one lined uo to come in.
    Our recent record of recruitment doesn't fill me confidence.
    The net doesn't get cast far & wide, so we'll likely recruit 3-4 journeymen/talented but broken players from England.
    With the rest of our recruits comprised of loan players.

Given the size of the rebuilding job required we'll look to retain players we should otherwise be moving on.
    And our over reliance on loans will ensure another sizeable rebuild come summer 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    The same pairing that bossed our defence 9 game winning run without hardly conceding a goal I seem to remember??
    Yes, the exact same pairing, at least two years on from that time. I get the shiver thinking about it happening next season.

For me a top 6 discussion is a complete red herring and as Aldo said it is piss easy anyway for a club like us. The real discussion should be about building a team/squad that is capable of winning a cup. Now that celtic have got their sh1t together we aint getting a sniff of winning the league anytime soon unless they go for another left field Delia type appointment.

i genuinely thought the ash taylor link was just some posters having a laugh , hopefully its a smokescreen to get the boy shaunessy to pull his finger out and get signed

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'm sure Hoban will 100% consider any offers he gets from anyone anywhere - considering he's spent most of his career out with serious injuries. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole - would be a total waste of money.
    Id give him a year contract. Small basic salary topped up by appearnce fee if he makes it on to the pitch.

Very good player there and worth the risk in my eyes

Page 51 of 421 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast