+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Maybe my prediction is Derek will sign us a load of crap like he has done for the last few windows, they won’t fit his rigid formation and we will probably free a few of them without them playing more than 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Some players are just better suited to smaller clubs and maybe Stewart is one of those. My own view is that he will barely play for sevco (and if he does they will be in a worse state than I expect) and be punted out on loan, probably back to Killie come January, like Mulumbu was by celtic.
    I doubt they are signing him (if they are) to be first pick on the team sheet.

If he is pish and doesn't make enough effort (which is possible) then why is DM looking to sign him for a third time?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If he is pish and doesn't make enough effort (which is possible) then why is DM looking to sign him for a third time?
    That really is an excellent question, one to which I have no answer

I doubt they are signing him (if they are) to be first pick on the team sheet.

He showed at Dundee and even more at Killie that he isn’t pish

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hignett was a class above what we had at the time.
    Didn’t settle for family reasons, so a bit harsh I think to include him in this list
    He was a horrible **** of a man that was loathed by backroom staff at the club. I recall having it explained to me that they very quickly worked out they’d signed a guy with mental problems.,

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Maybe my prediction is Derek will sign us a load of crap like he has done for the last few windows, they won’t fit his rigid formation and we will probably free a few of them without them playing more than 5 times.
    You could very well be correct

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    He was a horrible **** of a man that was loathed by backroom staff at the club. I recall having it explained to me that they very quickly worked out they’d signed a guy with mental problems.,
    Aye, the lad was a player but there was defo a wrangness from the get-go.

I remember at the time he blamed the training regime.
    That was when Miller was here and, at Euro 96, he'd picked up loads of training ideas.

According to Hignett the day started at 730 with cardiovascular swimming.

No idea if that was right but Hignett trotted out the line that if training had been more conventional he'd have been able to get up and down the road easier to see his family.

I got the vibe that he pitched up, didnae fancy it and wanted out early.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye, the lad was a player but there was defo a wrangness from the get-go.

I remember at the time he blamed the training regime.
    That was when Miller was here and, at Euro 96, he'd picked up loads of training ideas.

According to Hignett the day started at 730 with cardiovascular swimming.

No idea if that was right but Hignett trotted out the line that if training had been more conventional he'd have been able to get up and down the road easier to see his family.

I got the vibe that he pitched up, didnae fancy it and wanted out early.
    Hignett was an excellent footballer. As a bloke, not so much...

The only player in our team at that point in time who was remotely on the same wavelength ability & vision wise was Jess. The two of them linked very well when they played together.

The rest of the team pretty much just stood around admiring what the two of them could do and wishing they could get close to matching it (they couldn't).

Similar to what Snekie says, I think Hignett pitched up, quickly realised we were shyte with a team full of shyte players (bar Jess) and decided to get the f'uck out of dodge sharpish.

We did make a tidy profit though for once so not all bad.

Dom Ball officially released at whatever club he came from.

Dom Ball officially released at whatever club he came from.
    Like a new signing......

Page 60 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast