+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I see in today's blatt that Steve Clarke said that his trophy is erm...well, it's confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The fans turning up and supporting their team
    Not sure how many times I've read or heard McInnes and Milne have been bleeting on about supporters turning up to Pittodrie.

Fans turning up or how many points accumulated to finish 4th behind a bunch of Hun has beens where we still nabbed their best player at january. Exciting and confusing times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The fans turning up and supporting their team
    For one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not sure how many times I've read or heard McInnes and Milne have been bleeting on about supporters turning up to Pittodrie.
    And the sly pops at our support in post match interviews

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    For one game.
    True, but Clarke wants them to turn up against Celtic as well.

So it's just over 7 weeks until our first competitive game of next season (either Europe or League Cup) and presumably only 4 weeks or so until pre season starts. As it stands our "best" possible team for that first game would be something like as follows (assuming nobody injured in pre season)

Lewis
    Logan McKenna Devlin Considine
    Ferguson Gleeson or Campbell
    McLennan May Wright
    Cosgrove

Subs

Cerny
    Virtanen
    Dangana
    Gleeson or Campbell
    E Ross
    F Ross
    Anderson

There's a helluva lot of work to be done in the next 4 weeks to get any sort of decent team on the park for our first game but surely to goodness it shouldn't be too difficult to improve upon the team above and clearly more squad depth needed as well. I hope the phone lines from Florida are red hot over the next fortnight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    So it's just over 7 weeks until our first competitive game of next season (either Europe or League Cup) and presumably only 4 weeks or so until pre season starts. As it stands our "best" possible team for that first game would be something like as follows (assuming nobody injured in pre season)

Lewis
    McLennan May Wright
    Cosgrove

Subs

Cerny
    Virtanen
    Dangana
    Gleeson or Campbell
    E Ross
    F Ross
    Anderson

There's a helluva lot of work to be done in the next 4 weeks to get any sort of decent team on the park for our first game but surely to goodness it shouldn't be too difficult to improve upon the team above and clearly more squad depth needed as well. I hope the phone lines from Florida are red hot over the next fortnight!!
    2 windows and all that

Lewis
    McLennan May Wright
    Cosgrove

I wouldn't have the bold ones in the team. But obviously at the moment they would have to be. As you say surely we can upgrade on a few of them.

Its the biggest task McInnes has ever had at Pittodrie. Good luck min.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    2 windows and all that

Lewis
    McLennan May Wright
    Cosgrove

I wouldn't have the bold ones in the team. But obviously at the moment they would have to be. As you say surely we can upgrade on a few of them.

Its the biggest task McInnes has ever had at Pittodrie. Good luck min.
    Fair chance McKenna will be off, Devlin will be injured, Gleeson will be gone and possibly Cosgrove too if an offer comes in for him, which it may.

Campbell not quite ready to become a starter yet. Wright and McLennan will continue to be inconsistent - good to have both of them, but couldn't depend on them each week.

Stevie May, no, just no, please no.

We need a lot of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Lewis
    McLennan May Wright
    Cosgrove

Subs

Cerny
    Virtanen
    Dangana
    Gleeson or Campbell
    E Ross
    F Ross
    Anderson

Have you forgotten about Niall McGinn or assumed he’ll be injured?
    I’d play Stewart Milne before Stevie May incidentally

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    From what I have read he won't be fit to play until August, as otherwise he would be in ahead of Wright, hence why he's not in my "best" team for match 1

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Haha Stevie May as Chairman and Stewart Milne brought into the "running around like a headless chicken and doing your best not to score" role. Could work.

To be honest, I'd forgotten about Niall McGinn! Got a feeling we'll be lucky if he plays 50% of the games next season - bound to pick up more injuries as the years go by.

Page 69 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast