+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 421 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Here's a good question..... who do you think we will "almost sign" in the up and coming summer transfer window?

SF
    Who's available for £20k from Carlisle?

Sounds like he could be worse than the next Greg Tansey,
    SF
    Wow that would be an impressive feat to be worse than that.

Sounds like he could be worse than the next Greg Tansey,
    If thats the sort of sh1t our illustrious leader comes up with after working two windows in advance then we really should just pack it all in.
    Here's a good question..... who do you think we will "almost sign" in the up and coming summer transfer window?

SF
    We will sign another defensive minded midfielder so take your pick from who will be available for zilch from some cr@ppy English mob.
    We will also no doubt sign a central defender, a left back, possibly a right back and more than likely a number 2 goalkeeper.
    What a great sounding transfer window coming up....oh Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Wow that would be an impressive feat to be worse than that.
    Unfortunately, it certainly could be a strong possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We will sign another defensive minded midfielder so take your pick from who
    will be available for zilch from some cr@ppy English mob.
    We will also no doubt sign a central defender, a left back, possibly a right back and more than likely a number 2 goalkeeper.
    What a great sounding transfer window coming up....oh Derek McInnes
    Given that Lowe, Reynolds, Cerny, Ball/Halford are due to leave this Summer along with most likely Shinnie and quite possibly McKenna imagine the meltdown on here if we didn’t sign a CD, DM, LB, RB and GK!!!!

You can add a forward (Wilson), a No 10 (Stewart) and a winger (GMS) all of which just to stand still in number terms.

The challenge on McInnes is to bring in significantly higher quality replacements than those leaving, which should be easy in some cases (Wilson) and tougher in others (Lowe)

Some of the gaps might be filled by youngsters (Campbell/Rogers) and by keeping some due to leave (Ball?) but clearly a lot of new faces required.

As those both pro (me) and anti McIness say, we really need to break this cycle of replacing getting on for half the squad each season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Given that Lowe, Reynolds, Cerny, Ball/Halford are due to leave this Summer along with most likely Shinnie and quite possibly McKenna imagine the meltdown on here if we didn’t sign a CD, DM, LB, RB and GK!!!!

You can add a forward (Wilson), a No 10 (Stewart) and a winger (GMS) all of which just to stand still in number terms.

The challenge on McInnes is to bring in significantly higher quality replacements than those leaving, which should be easy in some cases (Wilson) and tougher in others (Lowe)

Some of the gaps might be filled by youngsters (Campbell/Rogers) and by keeping some due to leave (Ball?) but clearly a lot of new faces required.

As those both pro (me) and anti McIness say, we really need to break this cycle of replacing getting on for half the squad each season
    McInnes won’t change how he does things...we should know better.

McInnes won’t change how he
    does things...we should know better.
    Sadly you are right.

I know it is easier said than done but the only way forward for a club like us to consistently challenge for trophies now that the bottomless pit of money govan club is likely to get its act together at some point is to have a Conveyor belt of bringing in 2-3 youngsters into our squad each year to replace others that will leave (hopefully for a good fee), spending money on buying young Scottish talent like Fergusson (one a season would be good) and bringing in a maximum of 3 loan players that will make a real difference to the first team (a Lowe type player) plus having a policy of selling any player that won’t commit to a new contract one year before their current contract is due to expire.

Sadly you are right.

I know it is easier said than done but the only way forward for a club like us to consistently challenge for trophies now that the bottomless pit of money govan club is likely to get its act together at some point is to have a Conveyor belt of bringing in 2-3 youngsters into our squad each year to replace others that will leave (hopefully for a good fee), spending money on buying young Scottish talent like Fergusson (one a season would be good) and bringing in a maximum of 3 loan players that will make a real difference to the first team (a Lowe type player) plus having a policy of selling any player that won’t commit to a new contract one year before their current contract is due to expire.
    I agree with what you are saying. Personally though...I would like to see an end to this loan system nonsense. The richer clubs are stopping clubs like ourselves from getting certain players as the players themselves chase cash before football. I know it won’t stop overnight but I certainly would prefer no loans to teams in the same league and a total of 3 only loans including outs and ins for a season.
    It certainly would make our club work harder trying to get the best out of our own players and would make our scouting system work a lot harder than it currently does.

It will be tough to break this cycle.
    We'd need to have many of the players on longer term contracts.
    We appear to be trying to do that, with certain players i.e. Ferguson, but others such as McKenna, despite being on a long contract may still be tempted to move on if the fee received is right

I agree with what you are saying. Personally though...I would like to see an end to this loan system nonsense. The richer clubs are stopping clubs like ourselves from getting certain players as the players themselves chase cash before football. I know it won’t stop overnight but I certainly would prefer no loans to teams in the same league and a total of 3 only loans including outs and ins for a season.
    It certainly would make our club work harder trying to get the best out of our own players and would make our scouting system work a lot harder than it currently does.
    A fair shout, but this would need to be implemented across the league, otherwise were potentially just hamstringing ourselves

Page 7 of 421 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast