Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 85 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 4201

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

  1. #1681
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    On topic, I had expected Dom Ball to be unveiled today, but it does not appear to be a done deal yet.

    I seriously hope that YET is not the most operative word in that statement min
    That's last weeks posting and news.
    Things appear to have changed since then so you may indeed be fine

  2. #1682
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,372
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Make sure your lungs are in good working order RST and get ready to be screaming for most of next season
    My feeling is that he'll start the season at left back.
    McInnes will wait until the last week of August to see if we can get Max Lowe back.
    If, as I suspect that won't happen, he'll loan another youngish, attack-minded left back from the Championship in England.
    So Considine for the "European run" (no laughing!) and the first league cup tie and the first 4 or 5 league games - what a thought!

  3. #1683
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5
    FFS saw the thread had moved on two pages & thought we'd signed somebody. But no it's just the usual suspects encouraging the chump again. What a tedious pagecatch. Can you not just get a room.

  4. #1684
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    That's last weeks posting and news.
    Things appear to have changed since then so you may indeed be fine
    Happy days then all we need now is donkey to be sold on or put out on loan to make way for Clitoris Main and I will be over the fkn moon

    As for recruiting for midfield, do you think we can realistically expect to see a decent signing in there before the start of pre season?
    I would be happy if we could somehow get Dylan McGeuch I think he could do a job for us, or if not then second choice for me would be Craig Bryson.
    Any other thoughts of names to throw into the mix for that one

  5. #1685
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    290
    EE and Sun are saying Dom Ball has turned down an offer from Aberdeen

  6. #1686
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,249
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    EE and Sun are saying Dom Ball has turned down an offer from Aberdeen
    You need to sack your paperboy.

  7. #1687
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,372
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    EE and Sun are saying Dom Ball has turned down an offer from Aberdeen
    Internet not hit your area yet?

  8. #1688
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You need to sack your paperboy.
    Like button opportunity

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Delurker View Post
    FFS saw the thread had moved on two pages & thought we'd signed somebody. But no it's just the usual suspects encouraging the chump again. What a tedious pagecatch. Can you not just get a room.
    Absolutely, the usual suspects trying to play the man instead of the ball (not Dom ) and yes, I realise your quip was referring to me as a chump

  10. #1690
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,368
    Sam Roscoe transferred to Ayr Utd

  11. #1691
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Sam Roscoe transferred to Ayr Utd
    The last player they signed from us did well for them
    Michael Rose, who's just got himself a decent move to England.
    Good signing for Ayr, but Roscoe was never likely to get game time at Aberdeen given Devlin, McKenna, Taylor & Considine are all ahead of him.
    Thought he might've got a 2 year contract and loaned out for one more year to the likes of an Ayr.
    Jim Goodwin thought highly of him at Alloa

  12. #1692
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My feeling is that he'll start the season at left back.
    McInnes will wait until the last week of August to see if we can get Max Lowe back.
    If, as I suspect that won't happen, he'll loan another youngish, attack-minded left back from the Championship in England.
    So Considine for the "European run" (no laughing!) and the first league cup tie and the first 4 or 5 league games - what a thought!
    This is exactly what will happen.

    My prediction is we'll end up with a loanee LB, defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder who can play wide or central. That's only 3 loans which is less than we normally end up with, so maybe another random loan signing who'll sit on the bench all season.

  13. #1693
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29,575
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The last player they signed from us did well for them
    Michael Rose, who's just got himself a decent move to England.
    Good signing for Ayr, but Roscoe was never likely to get game time at Aberdeen given Devlin, McKenna, Taylor & Considine are all ahead of him.
    Thought he might've got a 2 year contract and loaned out for one more year to the likes of an Ayr.
    Jim Goodwin thought highly of him at Alloa
    Michael Rose is a hardy loon. One of Ayrs best players v The Staggies when i was there

  14. #1694
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,576
    I have never liked Cosgrove. I don't think he is a good player although he sometimes shows flashes of ability. I felt most of the goals he scored were weak, I mean with no real power behind them. He is slow and not very mobile and seems lazy to me. But to be fair he scored enough goals to look like a replacement for Rooney. I don't think that need be a flash in the pan though. If he was more motivated most of time I think he could put up a better showing. I am certainly not in favour of selling him at this point unless we bring in a twenty goal per season type striker to replace him.

    I am not a fan of Main either, but he will surely score more than Stevie May. If we could move May on, and get someone who remembers what a striker does, in to replace him, that would be a good bit of business as far as I am concerned.

    I think we need to know what GMS is doing next season though, before we get another attacking midfielder in. He is a talented player but has all the toughness of a strand of overcooked spaghetti. If he could man up a bit he would be worth keeping though.

  15. #1695
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    834
    I had no idea Shaughnessy knocked us back, thats obviously why Taylor was signed, settling for 2nd choice again! And ball! It's not hard to understand why these 2 turned there back on us.

  16. #1696
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I had no idea Shaughnessy knocked us back, thats obviously why Taylor was signed, settling for 2nd choice again! And ball! It's not hard to understand why these 2 turned there back on us.
    He didnt knock us back, we pulled the offer.

    he was interviewed a couple days back and he said he had no ill feeling to aberdeen for pulling their offer.

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...from-football/
    Last edited by DandiesLegend; 14-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.

  17. #1697
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,101
    He's just saying the right things to not appear too awkward to potential suitors.

    Saints and Dons would very much say he has been awkward to deal with

  18. #1698
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,575
    Aberdeen apparently have signed 17 year old Mike Ruth from Queens Park.
    SevCo and Hibs were also reportedly linked with him.

  19. #1699
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,249
    Quote Originally Posted by DandiesLegend View Post
    He didnt knock us back, we pulled the offer.

    he was interviewed a couple days back and he said he had no ill feeling to aberdeen for pulling their offer.

    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...from-football/
    Can't see him taking up the offer. He was courted a long time ago.

  20. #1700
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,249
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Aberdeen apparently have signed 17 year old Mike Ruth from Queens Park.
    SevCo and Hibs were also reportedly linked with him.
    He was training with Sevco last year as well.

Page 85 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •