+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 421 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Peter Pawlett looks a lot heavier & a lot slower since he left us.
    Maybe all those injuries have slowed him up?
    He’d be a p1sh signing.
    As would any of the players on display at that abomination of a play off game yesterday.
    Peter Pawlett was absolutely brilliant for about 6 months in the 2013/14 season.

Before that he was pish and after that he was pish.

Even when he was young he always looked unfit,I’m surprised he managed to play the 120 minutes yesterday because he rarely finished 90 minutes for us.

I see that David Craddock is one of the youngsters being released. What is it with us and young goalkeepers. We either don't recognise when they are good (Bain), can't make up our minds if they are worth keeping (Rodgers), or can't bring them through (Craddock) or lose them too young (Mair - maybe). When was the last time we successfully brought through a young goalkeeper - Ryan Esson in 1996? If so that's truly abysmal.

Edit - Esson didn't actually get his debut until 2000

Disappointed to see Stevie May not released
    Wage thief remains at the club
    Simply beyond belief

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We either don't recognise when they are good (Bain)
    I haven't seen much evidence that says Bain is good as yet. I rather have Big Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I haven't seen much evidence that says Bain is good as yet. I rather have Big Joe...
    #MeToo

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Simply beyond belief
    We’d need to pay him up the value of his contract.
    Say he’s on £3k per week, we’d need to pay him £300k for the 2 years remaining.
    Unless we arrange a crowdfund, then it ain’t happening.
    I’d try & loan him to St Johnstone & get them to pay half his wages for the season.

would be very surprised if they hadn't already tried this

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm with you. From what I've seen of Bain he's a decent standard goalie, nowt more or less.

If he wasnae at raselickbyrawaybutbigman I doubt he'd be near Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Simply beyond belief
    Harsh to call him a wage thief, as in my opinion , that term should be aimed at someone with a bad attitude. Don’t think May falls into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Harsh to call him a wage thief, as in my opinion , that term should be aimed at someone with a bad attitude. Don’t think May falls into that category.
    Yeah. There’s no doubt May has been a massive disappointment but its not for the want of trying. He’s been fantastic from a work rate point of view but the truth is we finished fourth and squeaked into Europe. We’ve been goal shy all season (apart from Sammy ‘freak season’ Cosgrove). He simply hasn’t panned out the way we hoped and he’s becoming a white elephant that we’re stuck with. I’d be delighted to see Stevie kick into high gear and find form. Surely he can grasp that with his current return, the only way is down from Aberdeen should he not find form and start banging them before we get to a point where we can ship him out.

It’s also worth pointing out that we are so desperate for creativity in midfield that its not entirely fair to lay the blame at our strikers door. Quality service had been at a premium all season.
    Last edited by NewOrleansRed; 27-05-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Page 94 of 421 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast