+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 189 of 421 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They won the FA cup. Maybe we could win the Scottish taking a leaf.

Need to get pished together all the time though. I read Dave Beasants book. Hoofball + pished =FA cup

Surely the formula will work in thw Scottish FA cup

I hope McInnes is reading
    You're right, they found a style that suited them and it worked for them over a long period and different managers...I'm not a purist either really, unlike fans of the likes of Hibs and Septic that believe they have a 'way of playing'. Once we put a couple more Scottish Cups in the trophy room we can maybe think of refining the style but it should be all about winning at the moment.

The more I think about Curtis Main, the more I think he might become a cult hero with rough and ready style and fearless combative approach...although goals would help too

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Again, another excellent input to the thread.........?? Anyway, hopefully one more signing before preseason in Ireland.

SF
    Can't wait for your input, it's going to be spectacular. When do we get some quality bantz and informative insider knowledge? Don't tease us too much now.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I almost agree with you JJ (jesus never ever thought I would say that)
    The difference between my situation here in my sandpit or anybody else for that matter that is fortunate enough to be in full time employment is the involvement of an agent or agency.
    Now I understand the agent thing is an evil of modern day football but surely at the end of the day the player (Turnbull) on this occasion should be turning to his agent or agency and saying "hey min back off your getting plenty out of this already for doing the next best thing to fk all" but sadly that will never happen in modern day fitba and agents are just fkn the whole thing up more than it already is.
    Out of interest who is his agency and what dons players do they represent

And yes I hope DM pulls another couple of Bryson like signings out of the hat in the next day or two.
    Time will tell but I have better feeling about the Bryson signing than I have with any of the other three made so far this window.
    Fair chance that in Bryson we have just signed our new captain
    There are a few made up chums of mine use agents in your line of work and have done for some time.......assuming it is energy.......they prefer to be called contractors..........well.......”dirty day raters” to be honest and there are one or two agents, much like in football/horse racing that can secure a gig/contract accordingly........the dandies are Ross/McLennan.......the boy that is the main man is Liam ODonnell ........it is an agency though and it could of been him or another lawyer........or even Ricky Gillies......!!! that was dealing with the early details.......that aside, here hopes our coach gets his man before this weekend.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    You're right, they found a style that suited them and it worked for them over a long period and different managers...I'm not a purist either really, unlike fans of the likes of Hibs and Septic that believe they have a 'way of playing'. Once we put a couple more Scottish Cups in the trophy room we can maybe think of refining the style but it should be all about winning at the moment.

The more I think about Curtis Main, the more I think he might become a cult hero with rough and ready style and fearless combative approach...although goals would help too
    I think next season he'll revert back to what it's like for a new manager coming in, work from the defence up. So I expect to see more defensive minded football going on. It's grim to watch but without Hayes and an on form McGinn switching wings and running at people, we can't expect too much more.

I think Bryson will make us slower in the middle of the park than Shinnie did but I also think it'll work better for us. Shinnie had the tendency to run around daft at times. We need Bryson to be the experienced and calming influence. It will suit Ferguson and Campbell better. I would have prefered a similar type instead of Taylor as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Ferguson and Bryson are both box to box midfielders so not natural to be '4' or '10'. Its hard to know which way DM's mind will be thinking between converting Ferguson to the deepest position or bringing in a dedicated player for that one and changing to more 4-1-4-1 and less 4-2-3-1.

I am happy to go with either approach (for a star signing) but we probably need to cover both positions with a low cost option for the other one
    Aye, if he went 4-1-4-1, with both Ferguson and Bryson central in the "4", we'd need a player just to sit and protect the back 4 as the other 4 go forward.
    Alex Gorrin of Motherwell type would fit that role.
    I think we thought Stephen Gleeson was that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, if he went 4-1-4-1, with both Ferguson and Bryson central in the "4", we'd need a player just to sit and protect the back 4 as the other 4 go forward.
    Alex Gorrin of Motherwell type would fit that role.
    I think we thought Stephen Gleeson was that type of player.
    Why couldn’t Gleeson or Campbell do that role?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Gleeson, based on what I saw last season, is simply not good enough, too many misplaced passes, not really a tackler, too slow. Hopefully in time Campbell could be a regular first team player but I think it would be asking a lot of him at this stage of his development to play 40+ games this season, remember he is getting on for two years younger than Lewis Ferguson. Hopefully he can push on from last season and maybe play in half the games or so this season as part of his continuing development.

If we are to have a sitting midfielder in a 4141 it needs to be a new signing in my opinion

The fact that DM is letting GMS walk all over him is a big sign that he has nothing in the pipeline that would provide any creativity on the horizon. I think he is a player with talent that is slowly becoming nothing better than mediocre and no way should we be giving him the opportunity to stay if he cannot find anything better. He is not worth it and even more so if he is not committed and he is frankly pish when not up for it. Surely there are more consistent options available perhaps not with the same raw talent but with a better attitude and less prone to getting injured. Not a good situation for us to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don’t think Gleeson has “it”.
    Didn’t get much of a chance to be fair though.

Young Deano strikes me as someone who’s similar in style to Kenny McLean when he played the deeper role.
    More of a passer, a leftie too.

I didn't think Gleeson had a bad hour against Sevco during the opening league game of the season. However, apart from maybe Livingston away during the festive period, I can't remember him doing anything else of note.

I'm of the opinion that in an ideal McInnes world, Gleeson will leave this summer, but I don't see there being many takers

Page 189 of 421 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast