+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 421 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Harsh to call him a wage thief, as in my opinion , that term should be aimed at someone with a bad attitude. Don’t think May falls into that category.
    I agree. He doesn't come across as huffy either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We’d need to pay him up the value of his contract.
    Say he’s on £3k per week, we’d need to pay him £300k for the 2 years remaining.
    Unless we arrange a crowdfund, then it ain’t happening.
    I’d try & loan him to St Johnstone & get them to pay half his wages for the season.
    Surely St Johnstone must be seeing that he's not going to score goals for them either so i'd he surprised if anyone took him on loan or permanently,if he cant score for us then he's not going to score for the fairmers

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Surely St Johnstone must be seeing that he's not going to score goals for them either so i'd he surprised if anyone took him on loan or permanently,if he cant score for us then he's not going to score for the fairmers
    To St Johnstone fans, Stevie May is like Ronaldo - he's a hero. He probably is the kind of player St J would love to sign and if they could get him for a season on half wages I'd imagine they'd jump at it (and surely so would we).

I take the point someone made about us not having much in the way of creativity in midfield this season - but the chances May has had, he's not even looked like scoring and you would kind of hope that at some point your forwards will actually create a chance or two for themselves which he never has. I'd rather we played Bruce Anderson or Scott Wright alongside Cosgrove all next season than persevered with May, or brought in some uninspiring average player like Curtis Main.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    To St Johnstone fans, Stevie May is like Ronaldo - he's a hero. He probably is the kind of player St J would love to sign and if they could get him for a season on half wages I'd imagine they'd jump at it (and surely so would we).

I take the point someone made about us not having much in the way of creativity in midfield this season - but the chances May has had, he's not even looked like scoring and you would kind of hope that at some point your forwards will actually create a chance or two for themselves which he never has. I'd rather we played Bruce Anderson or Scott Wright alongside Cosgrove all next season than persevered with May, or brought in some uninspiring average player like Curtis Main.
    I agree with what you say about our lack of creativity in the team which probably hasn't helped May but he's been played in his best position mostly which is unlike mcinnes to do so and has failed to come up with the goods,i'd love us to get shot off him but cant see anyone who would want a non-scoring 'striker'

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd rather we played Bruce Anderson or Scott Wright alongside Cosgrove all next season than persevered with May, or brought in some uninspiring average player like Curtis Main.
    I'm not going to attempt to second guess Delboy, especially after two weeks stewing on holiday with Dochertys in Florida however, I think that I'd be inclined to punt Scott Wright out. He does the nice odd thing here and there but he's not the box of tricks and energy I thought he was going to be. He's a poor man's GMS and I don't rate him much either.

I'd give a season more for Bruce Anderson now that he's had a season of experience. He might have the grit needed to make it but we need another look.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm not going to attempt to second guess Delboy, especially after two weeks stewing on holiday with Dochertys in Florida however, I think that I'd be inclined to punt Scott Wright out. He does the nice odd thing here and there but he's not the box of tricks and energy I thought he was going to be. He's a poor man's GMS and I don't rate him much either.

I'd give a season more for Bruce Anderson now that he's had a season of experience. He might have the grit needed to make it but we need another look.
    I dont think anderson will make it at spl level with us,i watched him when on loan at dunfermline and although he did 'ok' i dont think he has enough to be a successful SPL striker,hope he proves me wrong but file under the same as declan mcmanus etc

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We’d need to pay him up the value of his contract.
    Say he’s on £3k per week, we’d need to pay him £300k for the 2 years remaining.
    Unless we arrange a crowdfund, then it ain’t happening.
    I’d try & loan him to St Johnstone & get them to pay half his wages for the season.
    Seems like a great plan .... when can it be implemented.

I feel for Stevie May.
    He never hides and he always gives his lot (which, to be fair, is the bare minimum for a fitba player, but plenty haven't in the past, so I'd never throw "wage thief" at him) but whatever "it" is, seems to have left him.

Maybe a loan spell at the Dainties would kick start him cos he needs something.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Personally... i'd give Scott Wright one more season - partly because there's going to be such a high turnover in the squad already, and partly because I think he has a lot to offer. I'd have him in the team ahead of May any day as he is faster, more skilful, a better finisher, bigger goal threat and can create chances for others. We were severely lacking pace in the final third for most of last season and he can provide that. I think he's worth another season, make or break.

Bruce Anderson looks like he has good strikers instinct and can pop up in the right place at the right time. He's had a bit of experience, and again I'd rather see his name on the team sheet than Stevie May. I don't really know where McInnes would play him to be honest - he's too small to be a main McInnes striker, and he's not a wide player or no10. This is why I think he's destined to only ever get game time off the bench when we are behind in a game and need to throw on a second striker alongside some big unit.

I'm hoping we will bring in a proper no10 and a proper striker, and another winger as well - in which case May, Wright and Anderson won't feature much. However, if one of these three guys has to start - I'd have Wright and Anderson ahead of May for the simple fact that Wright and Anderson carry some goal scoring / creating potential, while May is a guaranteed no-goal threat.

In all seriousness - If Stevie May gets the barnet sorted out I can see a miraculous turn in form for him.

Page 95 of 421 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast