+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 421 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Personally... i'd give Scott Wright one more season - partly because there's going to be such a high turnover in the squad already, and partly because I think he has a lot to offer. I'd have him in the team ahead of May any day as he is faster, more skilful, a better finisher, bigger goal threat and can create chances for others. We were severely lacking pace in the final third for most of last season and he can provide that. I think he's worth another season, make or break.

Bruce Anderson looks like he has good strikers instinct and can pop up in the right place at the right time. He's had a bit of experience, and again I'd rather see his name on the team sheet than Stevie May. I don't really know where McInnes would play him to be honest - he's too small to be a main McInnes striker, and he's not a wide player or no10. This is why I think he's destined to only ever get game time off the bench when we are behind in a game and need to throw on a second striker alongside some big unit.

I'm hoping we will bring in a proper no10 and a proper striker, and another winger as well - in which case May, Wright and Anderson won't feature much. However, if one of these three guys has to start - I'd have Wright and Anderson ahead of May for the simple fact that Wright and Anderson carry some goal scoring / creating potential, while May is a guaranteed no-goal threat.
    Very decent post.

Scott Wright still has two years on his contract, so he has to be sat down and told that this is not a safety net and at 21, this is the season he needs to push on, else he'll be released like his good mate Cammy Smith.
    He has plenty of pace, skills and ability. What lets him down most of all is decision making. Hopefully he can come good, but this really is make or break season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Peter Pawlett was absolutely brilliant for about 6 months in the 2013/14 season.

Before that he was pish and after that he was pish.

Even when he was young he always looked unfit,I’m surprised he managed to play the 120 minutes yesterday because he rarely finished 90 minutes for us.
    He's pretty much been consistently pesh
    Oh and by the way Rico he did not play 120 mins on Sunday as he came on as a sub after 55mins so make that 65 minis he played on Sunday and he's still pesh

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Very decent post.

Scott Wright still has two years on his contract, so he has to be sat down and told that this is not a safety net and at 21, this is the season he needs to push on, else he'll be released like his good mate Cammy Smith.
    He has plenty of pace, skills and ability. What lets him down most of all is decision making. Hopefully he can come good, but this really is make or break season.
    Scott Wright was in & out of the starting X1 of the bottom team in the league.
    What makes folk think he’ll make it here?
    And being a better striking option than Stevie May is like saying your parental skills are better than Ian Huntley.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Scott Wright was in & out of the starting X1 of the bottom team in the league.
    What makes folk think he’ll make it here?
    And being a better striking option than Stevie May is like saying your parental skills are better than Ian Huntley.
    Interestingly on the AFC departures, GMS wasn't mentioned.
    I think at times, especially near the end of the season, we could have done with Wright as an option.
    GMS, McGinn and Mclennan were all injured at some point.

I'm more in the "don't think he'll make it camp", but think having been out on loan, having a hard sit down and setting out very clearly that this is his last chance may just get more out of him than we have seen.
    If not, he can be released / go on loan in the next window.

I think at times, especially near the end of the season, we could have done with Wright as an option.
    GMS, McGinn and Mclennan were all injured at some point.

I'm more in the "don't think he'll make it camp", but think having been out on loan, having a hard sit down and setting out very clearly that this is his last chance may just get more out of him than we have seen.
    If not, he can be released / go on loan in the next window.
    Surely being at Dundee was his moment to show DM what he was all about.
    After a very brief flurry in the first couple of games, he regressed. Again.
    To the point where he wasn’t a regular.
    That to me says it all.
    If you don’t stand out at Dundee then it’s time to face up to the fact he won’t cut it here.

Listened to the GMS interview on Red TV at the end of the hibs game and he did say that something with his future should be sorted out that coming week, which does not appear to have happened.
    I'm of the opinion that I think he might stay and if he can stay clear of injury then with him and young Connor then I dont see where Scott Wright would fit in, shame really as I used to think Wright was going to be great, but something has happened and he's just not quite there for me.
    A fully fit and fully focussed GMS is certainly a great asset for any club.

That to me says it all.
    If you don’t stand out at Dundee then it’s time to face up to the fact he won’t cut it here.
    I agree.
    Some thought that during that brief flurry it showed McInnes as an Anchorman holding Wright back, but evidently it was just a repeat of Wright showing his potential but not his consistency.
    Like I said, last chance saloon for the boy and if he diesn't take it, he'll be off.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Listened to the GMS interview on Red TV at the end of the hibs game and he did say that something with his future should be sorted out that coming week, which does not appear to have happened.
    I'm of the opinion that I think he might stay and if he can stay clear of injury then with him and young Connor then I dont see where Scott Wright would fit in, shame really as I used to think Wright was going to be great, but something has happened and he's just not quite there for me.
    A fully fit and fully focussed GMS is certainly a great asset for any club.
    Again I agree, however if GMS was to leave or get another injury what are our options.
    Wright should at least provide cover whilst seeing if he can step up and force his way into the team

I agree.
    Again I agree, however if GMS was to leave or get another injury what are our options.
    Wright should at least provide cover whilst seeing if he can step up and force his way into the team
    GMS staying or going would be the first bit to sort out.
    GMS stays - and I think Wright will be loaned out again
    GMS leaves - then it could be last chance saloon for Wright to finally step up, but the signs are not really good are they, he has not even managed to "step up" at dundee ffs

So ideal scenario, is GMS stays and stays clear of injuries and him young Connor and of course McGinn and a young lad or two Ethan Ross can do a turn.

Like I say lot will depend on whether we still have GMS on our books or not

That to me says it all.
    Fair point. My take on it is that he still has potential to make it and provides us with some pace and creativity that we don’t have an abundance of currently. I’d keep him for another season on that basis. Sadly I’m probably leaning towards your thinking that he won’t make it, but I wouldn’t totally write him off yet.

If we bring in lots of new, quality options in the final third he may be totally surplus to requirements, but I’m not holding my breathe on that one at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    GMS staying or going would be the first bit to sort out.
    GMS stays - and I think Wright will be loaned out again
    GMS leaves - then it could be last chance saloon for Wright to finally step up, but the signs are not really good are they, he has not even managed to "step up" at dundee ffs

So ideal scenario, is GMS stays and stays clear of injuries and him young Connor and of course McGinn and a young lad or two Ethan Ross can do a turn.

Like I say lot will depend on whether we still have GMS on our books or not
    Absolutely.
    4 wingers from GMS, McLennan, McGinn, Ross and Wright should give us options.
    McGinn is great but I suspect he will pick up more and more niggling injuries and doesn’t seem to have the pace anymore to hit the byeline.

Page 96 of 421 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast