+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    This. A far better team than we were over the season

Cue the "aye but fa pit them oot the cups brigade"
    Well I'll be the vanguard of this Brigade then...

The fact remains that we did knock them out of both cups and we had the best away form in the league over the season. Better than Spetic and better than Sevco.

It was the home form in 2019 that's been our downfall and the reason why we finished 11 points behind Sevco.

However, for all their financial outlay they don't look streets ahead of us. Glen Kamara, for example, is pish and liable to a big mistake such as yesterday or when he set up McGinn for the early goal in the Scottish Cup.

Of course, we could go and shoot ourselves in the foot with the summer signings. I really don't fancy our chances of signing three or four players that will be first XI successes.

Therefore, there's every chance the gap between us will grow next season but we must live in hope that will not be the case.

The only thing that is surprising is that it has taken the h*ns this long to pull away from us. We actually should have put in a fight for 2nd this season but ultimately our poor spell at home has cost us and is why we're now looking for Celtic to do us a favour in the Cup.

I think the club can and should aspire to challenge the Glasgow clubs but the reality is that barring underperformance on their part they will finish ahead of us more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post

I think the club can and should aspire to challenge the Glasgow clubs .
    They can and they should but is that in the plan for the men upstairs. I don't think it is. Theres something that is clearly more important than goings on the park. If McInnes get his bumper deal, that's all the proof we need

The indifference in form and one directional fitba this season cost us big time this season.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-05-2019 at 06:34 AM.

My unrealistic expectations for on the field are this. A well run AFC should be the main beneficiaries of anything not won by the scum. Off the field, a well run AFC should be challenging the scum, SFA & media wherever possible.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Well I'll be the vanguard of this Brigade then...

The fact remains that we did knock them out of both cups and we had the best away form in the league over the season. Better than Spetic and better than Sevco.
    What trophy do we get for best away form in the league ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What trophy do we get for best away form in the league ?
    Genuinely do not think there is such a thing, why are you asking ?

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Genuinely do not think there is such a thing, why are you asking ?

SF
    Someone mentioned it earlier as if it is something to be proud off we finished 4th and didn’t win anything.

Someone mentioned it earlier as if it is something to be proud off we finished 4th and didn’t win anything.
    Obviously nothing to be proud of, the odds, however are stacked against us, domestically we came 4th, albeit on goal difference to Kilmarnock, fair play to them/manager....beaten by sellick in the LC final and beaten again by sellick in the SC semi final......beaten by Burnley who probably have more wedge to spend compared to any club in Scotland in Europe....FFS, there are only so many rabbits that can be pulled out of a hat with a chairman we have, it genuinely does not matter if it is Pep or Deek......they would both have to go to the same shop and they would not bump into slippy/brendan

That someone being me but you added the proud bit yourself. Read again without adding your nonsense and you'll discover that I was discussing why I didn't think Sevco were that far ahead of us despite their money spent and our poor home form. Nothing about being proud of the away record just that if we could've replicated that at home we would have been a lot closer to where we want to be...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    That someone being me but you added the proud bit yourself. Read again without adding your nonsense and you'll discover that I was discussing why I didn't think Sevco were that far ahead of us despite their money spent and our poor home form. Nothing about being proud of the away record just that if we could've replicated that at home we would have been a lot closer to where we want to be...
    Well in actual fact we would've been 5 points better off if we replicated our away form at home, so although closer to where we want to be, not close enough...

But the point stands, we were pish at home

Page 67 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast