+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    A good post BUT we are not yet finished bringing in players. I am as underwhelmed as anyone with the first 3 signings but we will bring in another 4-5 and that is the time to judge. If they are at the same level as the first 3 them it needs to be pitchfork time but hopefully we are yet to bring in better quality players. Time will tell
    4-5 you say? We must be shipping some out then....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Possible midfield signings - some more realistic than others, and in no order of preference;

Dylan McGeoch - unlikely as will be on huge wages and will likely have options
    Yousef Mulumbu
    Paul Coutts - 31 in July, so might just fancy a move back, although last I read, the inference was one more contract in England
    Dom Ball - quite likely IMO
    Alex Gorrin - won't be on much at Motherwell - free as out of contract
    Arnaud Djoum - likely to be too much in wages
    Chris Cadden - will cost a chunky fee so very unlikely
    Scott Pittman - just signed a contract so likely to cost a decent fee of around £250k?
    Good summary of all the guys we've been linked with. I'll be honest and say that none of them particularly excite me. McGeoch is probably the best of the bunch, but seems injury prone and as you say will have other options.

I think you may be right that we'll end up with Ball which is ok if he's just coming as a squad player to provide cover but if he's going into the starting 11 that is really not a good sign.

Is Ryan Gauld a possibility on loan seeing as we were linked with him last year? He seemed to spend most of his time at Hibs injured so no idea whether he's up to much these days. Struggling to think of any other obvious targets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    - a “ number 10”

Personally dont think we need to bring in a number 10 as we have one here already and a pretty fkn decent one in Nial McGinn only problem is our illustrious does not seem to see that.
    McGinn is probably classed more as a senior aged player these days and has lost some pace so playing him as a winger is nuts, heis still a very skillful player and should be played as our "number 10" but the chances of illustrious leader actually doing that are pretty slim.

On topic
    Welcome the the club Curtis and I hope you go on to be a great player for our club and prove a lot of fans wrong (including me) with their initial thoughts on your signing

COYR

The way I see it is this; we knew going in to the transfer window that we arere up against a huge squad rebuilding task and that's three players in early doors. It's fair to say the players brought in so far aren't exactly world beaters, well the two we know anything about, but it's a start. Who knows what the next couple of months hold, we're surely expected to bring in a few signings of known quality. I'll wish any dons player the best and reserve judgement until they've had a run of games, it's only fair. What I'll be doing and suggest others do too, is remian patient, positive and calm...until the transfer window closes at least. Stand Free.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Personally dont think we need to bring in a number 10 as we have one here already and a pretty fkn decent one in Nial McGinn only problem is our illustrious does not seem to see that.
    McGinn is probably classed more as a senior aged player these days and has lost some pace so playing him as a winger is nuts, heis still a very skillful player and should be played as our "number 10" but the chances of illustrious leader actually doing that are pretty slim.

On topic
    Welcome the the club Curtis and I hope you go on to be a great player for our club and prove a lot of fans wrong (including me) with their initial thoughts on your signing

COYR
    I have thought McGinn would be better served in a more central role. He would certainly be a better no10 than who we would generally pay the wages for. We have McLennan and Hedges for the wings anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I have thought McGinn would be better served in a more central role. He would certainly be a better no10 than who we would generally pay the wages for. We have McLennan and Hedges for the wings anyway.
    and also GMS for the wings (if he stays)

Maybe, just maybe our leader will do the right thing and put McGinn in that number "10" role

ohhhhhhh Derek.... ok ok ok I'll get ma coat

I get that we'll have more signings to make, and these could resolve some and hopefully all of the issues with the squad as it sits now.

We are not without talented, creative players in the squad. McGinn, McLennan and Ross can all create goals. I'm hoping Hedges will do so too. GMS has not left yet either. I'd be happy to see McGinn play more centrally behind Cosgrove or Main if it meant playing two of the other 4 listed above out wide too. With Ferguson holding and, hopefully, an impressive new central midfield signing to come in too, we'd be in reasonable shape - the concern comes with injuries. Shoehorning guys like Wilson and May and Stewart into wider roles last season simply didn't work, and I'd be concerned if we started seeing likewise with May and Main etc next season.

With signings it is not just the quality of the player that matters, though this is paramount, it is the perception of the signing fans have too that is important. In this respect we can only hope there is more inspiring news to follow. Right now we are not equipped for a decent go at sustaining a European run.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Good summary of all the guys we've been linked with. I'll be honest and say that none of them particularly excite me. McGeoch is probably the best of the bunch, but seems injury prone and as you say will have other options.

I think you may be right that we'll end up with Ball which is ok if he's just coming as a squad player to provide cover but if he's going into the starting 11 that is really not a good sign.

Is Ryan Gauld a possibility on loan seeing as we were linked with him last year? He seemed to spend most of his time at Hibs injured so no idea whether he's up to much these days. Struggling to think of any other obvious targets.
    Never have rated Ryan Gauld, even when the media were blowing smoke up his a**e as part of that over-rated DABS team.
    He's regressed since - no thanks.

Agree re McGeoch - would take him in a heartbeat....aside from the very real injury concerns he'd bring.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem bringing in Ball, PURELY as a bench warmer who'd be seen as 4th or 5th choice centre midfield, and cover for RB.

Uninspiring p!sh so far! Main is such a lazy lazy signing 'see Taylor too' but happy clappers are unwilling to criticise anything the club do, its probably back to the days of fighting it out for top 6 maybe 3rd or 4th if were lucky as I think 2nd place is a thing of the past now!!

Oh and did JS fae st Johnsone knock us back ?

Saying that I have hope for hedges but as I said uninspiring so far and I dont expect any signings to get us excited, Taylor is probably a replacement for McKenna

Page 143 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast