+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 421 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree this won't do us any favours but well done to the lad. Pretty amazing that the Englandshire U20 manager even knows he exists given he was playing for us as presumably there was decent competition for the squad given how well the englandshire youth teams have been doing recently. Maybe Frank had a word.

Given that loan players are (unfortunately) here to stay in modern football, will do us no harm in getting future Max Lowe's from our Southern friends and adds to the Ward, Maddison "success story" of being at Aberdeen on loan
    There are many success stories for loan players to Aberdeen.
    It will remain a good way to get better players than we would normally be able to afford into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There are many success stories for loan players to Aberdeen.
    It will remain a good way to get better players than we would normally be able to afford into the team.
    Can never get a settled squad though. One downfall

Every summer needs a rebuild at the moment and other downfall

There is also the danger of recall a third downfall

We have had some amount of sh@te that well and truly outweighs the good via loans. The good have been very good though.

Good having decent players like you say. But a squad full of loans is never a good thing in the long run

Get Ralph in if he’s free and presumably willing to take lowish wage on a year’s deal to prove himself. If we’re lucky enough to deal in Lowe again - play him to his strengths and more advanced - not sure we’re going to source better for the wing within budget.

Considine for centre-half cover along with Taylor should be sufficient and the bargain basement dealing should allow the manager of the bonus ball punt on Hoban. Allow him to spend the summer concentrating on the other half of the pitch that requires more creative surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If you’re digging out predictions for last season, miss out the one when I said that Forrester's distribution would turn Stevie May into a 30 goal a season player.
    To be fair you weren't far off

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Can never get a settled squad though. One downfall

Every summer needs a rebuild at the moment and other downfall

There is also the danger of recall a third downfall

We have had some amount of sh@te that well and truly outweighs the good via loans. The good have been very good though.

Good having decent players like you say. But a squad full of loans is never a good thing in the long run
    That's modern football though.
    Every club seems to utilise the loan system far more than it used to.
    Maybe that's a negative thing and an impact of the likes of Sky.

I wouldn't say the sh!te loans outweigh the good loans as the sh!te invariably doesn't get as much gamete, so I wouldn't sacrifice the ability to loan players and see better quality, just because some squad players are not as good as they thought they were.

There's probably far too much footballers earning a living playing the game.
    Quantity of quality.
    Flooding the market.

I'd hope that our loaning of dross players reduces as the quality of youngsters starts to come through and we rely on them to bulk the squad rather than at best average loan players, leaving the budget for getting better quality players / loans in.

I would agree that any loan players should be for a minimum of 1 year deals to ensure that seasons are not hampered by recalls

Play the loan game and you're killing football.

Up to you of course.

the loan game is gonna get interesting for us if Jody Morris does move to Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    the loan game is gonna get interesting for us if Jody Morris does move to Chelsea
    Maybe we could ask for Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Maybe we could ask for Hazard
    Russ Richardson would recommend his wee brother, Hap.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Such a prominent player that was to walk straight into our first team, despite DM having a reputation for not giving youth a chance.
    I'm surprised there was not a separate thread dedicated to his arrival / pre-contract signing.

Meanwhile, some views from posters at that time
    My point about Ferguson was correct. We dropped down 2 league positions as we didn’t tool up properly. Our signings were generally guff last summer.

Page 101 of 421 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast