+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 329 of 421 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

I canna argue with that assessment, but I'll cut May a wee bit slack because he's never given less than his lot.

Folk might say that's the minimum, and it is, but we've had a rake of wage thieves through our door that never got that memo.

I reckon the lad might be shot, but if he goes elsewhere and gets his mojo back I'll be pleased for him.......provided it's nae against us.

Not sure why Wilson is streets ahead of Cosgrove.

Cosgrove scored 21 goals last season and has 2 already this season.

Wilson had a couple of good games in the post split fixtures and all of a sudden he is a brilliant player.

I’m not the biggest fan of Cosgrove but if you played the both of them up front in every game Cosgrove would score more goals.

Personally I would have Rooney ahead of the pair of them,he would have scored at least 6 goals against that Finnish team.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure why Wilson is streets ahead of Cosgrove.

Cosgrove scored 21 goals last season and has 2 already this season.

Wilson had a couple of good games in the post split fixtures and all of a sudden he is a brilliant player.

I’m not the biggest fan of Cosgrove but if you played the both of them up front in every game Cosgrove would score more goals.

Personally I would have Rooney ahead of the pair of them,he would have scored at least 6 goals against that Finnish team.
    Wilson is a much better footballer than Cosgrove. More pace, better control, better dribbling, better shooting, probably better headering. The only area he loses is height.

If they were given the same amount of game time Wilson would score more and create more than the giant. The giant will remain first pick though as McInnes likes a big lad to pump long balls to. I’ve no idea where Wilson will play - probably the odd game out wide.

Cosgrove scored 2 this season already is misleading - one was an og and one was a penalty. Quite a few last season were penalties and most of the rest came in his brief purple patch. He’s missed a heap of chances in the opening 2 games - that’s probably a more important fact to consider having just sneaked through the tie - we should have hammered them in both legs.
    Last edited by Don_Corleone; 21-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Rooney scored 11 goals in 44 appearances in his last season with Aberdeen. Fair to say a large amount of appearances were as a sub late in the game but it's not like he didn't have his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    Rooney scored 11 goals in 44 appearances in his last season with Aberdeen. Fair to say a large amount of appearances were as a sub late in the game but it's not like he didn't have his chances.
    Naw min McInnes had decided for his last 2 seasons Rooney wasn't up to the job so he brought in replacements relegating Rooney to sub apps and midfield. I have no doubt that if Rooney had been played and got the supply that he thrived ( in the box) he would have doubled that at least

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Naw min McInnes had decided for his last 2 seasons Rooney wasn't up to the job so he brought in replacements relegating Rooney to sub apps and midfield. I have no doubt that if Rooney had been played and got the supply that he thrived ( in the box) he would have doubled that at least
    What ohno said.

Nah not having that. He was f@cked about royally to allow Stevie f@cking May and Cosgrove ahead of him while he got minutes here and out of positions there.

And we kept May as well. Truly baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Wilson is a much better footballer than Cosgrove. More pace, better control, better dribbling, better shooting, probably better headering. The only area he loses is height.

If they were given the same amount of game time Wilson would score more and create more than the giant. The giant will remain first pick though as McInnes likes a big lad to pump long balls to. I’ve no idea where Wilson will play - probably the odd game out wide.

Cosgrove scored 2 this season already is misleading - one was an og and one was a penalty. Quite a few last season were penalties and most of the rest came in his brief purple patch. He’s missed a heap of chances in the opening 2 games - that’s probably a more important fact to consider having just sneaked through the tie - we should have hammered them in both legs.
    I can’t see where you are getting that from as he has only scored 14 goals in his entire career.

Wasn’t it you that was praising Wilson for getting into positions to miss 3 chances against Celtic last season?

What’s the difference between Cosgrove missing chances and Wilson missing chances?

If his shooting is better than Cosgroves he would have scored a hatrick against the Tims last season.

Cosgrove has scored 2 goals so far in the 2 games we played. He has missed ump**** chances and should have easily doubled that number. The reality though is that McInnes will find it hard to drop him as he has scored in both matches. I would prefer we went with more than 1 striker but that ain’t happening so I think until Cosgrove stops finding the net for a few matches then we will have to put up with it. I am not convinced at all by Wilson or Main yet and would rather have the rawer Bruce Anderson being given an opportunity. That though will not be happening also.
    Tougher matches will be coming up and that is when you will see the real worth of our players and what they can do.

I can’t see where you are getting that from as he has only scored 14 goals in his entire career.

Wasn’t it you that was praising Wilson for getting into positions to miss 3 chances against Celtic last season?

What’s the difference between Cosgrove missing chances and Wilson missing chances?

If his shooting is better than Cosgroves he would have scored a hatrick against the Tims last season.
    Nah it wasn't me that was praising him for getting into positions to miss chances. I think it's abundantly clear to anyone with eyes in their head that Wilson is a better all round footballer than Cosgrove. Cosgrove's main attribute is his height and he doesn't even use that well, his heading is pretty poor for a guy so tall.

Anyway, it's impossible really to compare the two because even if you work out their goal ratio per minutes on the park last season (I'm sure someone can work that out...) it isn't a fair reflection - players benefit from playing full games and even the boost to their confidence in being first pick, plus the fact Wilson was often deployed in a wide position. I fully expect Cosgrove to be our first choice striker this season as McInnes likes a giant up top. I also wouldn't be surprised if Main gets more game time than Wilson because McInnes likes someone who runs around a lot up top harassing opposition defenders (see Stevie May). I just get the impression Wilson could be pretty special if he gets his confidence up through playing regularly.

Page 329 of 421 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast