+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 262 of 421 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There’s a fair bit of paranoia in here

If Wilson is to sign, I’d like to see Anderson go out on loan.
    Game-time and experience will be much better elsewhere than what he will get here.

As for May, we all hoped for more, but as a pure worker, we have other options and he needs to go elsewhere as well.
    Motherwell are looking for a striker or he could go back to St Johnstone. Those would be good options.

Maybe the Pitmann deal could incorporate May going the other way.
    That last bit would be a food shout, if Livingston were interested. Maybe a loan even...though we may have to cover some of his wages. He's got to be one of our top earners. Did he really have a virus that kept him out of the friendly or dis ee leave him at home so he didn't get injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    That last bit would be a food shout, if Livingston were interested. Maybe a loan even...though we may have to cover some of his wages. He's got to be one of our top earners. Did he really have a virus that kept him out of the friendly or dis ee leave him at home so he didn't get injured?
    Naw. He was at pre season. Last seen playing cards with Ferguson, Devlin & McKenna at the Fota Island clubhouse. ( While all the " young lads " went into Cork for a Saturday night meal....... (." young Lads " was said by the 19yr old Ferguson !! Obv an old head on young shoulders ? )

Tell you what . This is an amazing run of early signings for Deek !!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There’s a fair bit of paranoia in here

If Wilson is to sign, I’d like to see Anderson go out on loan.
    Game-time and experience will be much better elsewhere than what he will get here.

As for May, we all hoped for more, but as a pure worker, we have other options and he needs to go elsewhere as well.
    Motherwell are looking for a striker or he could go back to St Johnstone. Those would be good options.

Maybe the Pitmann deal could incorporate May going the other way.
    Think I am well and truly in the minority here but I would like to keep May and give him his do or die season.
    If we are are ever going to play the two up front regularly and wilson does sign then for me it would be Wilson and Main with May doing the workhorse stuff in behind and and just basically being a nuisance to defenders.

I know that will never happen but I would like to see it as it would also encourage us to play football instead of hoofball

Either way I think Wilson will be a good signing if it happens.

And I agree that Bruce could benefit from another season out on loan

Would rather hope the backup plan would be Funso Ojo at S****horpe if McGeouch is a no. Looking him up when Hibs were linked sounded like he’d be a fine signing, pedigree and eagerness to get back up a few levels. Would be pretty underwhelmed with Pittman and why pay a fee if in all probability he’d be bench fodder?

Ojo on strike I think and the fee would be more nominal than Livi’s £200k for Tansey Mk II. A word in Ojo’s agent’s ear about Europa League and a quick watch of the Glory of Gothenburg will have him jumping at the chance to sign up given he was willing to go to the Hibbies. Several mentionings of him being too good for League One down there - a stand out defensive midfielder in that level.

We’ve had success in the continued policy of picking up players from decent pedigree that have lost their way. I’m sure Ojo fancies rekindling something closer to his PSV days where Pittman’s next pit stop surely more likely to be stateside or back to junior football. If McGeouch is fancying us about by end of play tomorrow - I’d get on the blower to Ojo’s agent as I suspect a deal would quickly be done and the player most eager to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Think I am well and truly in the minority here but I would like to keep May and give him his do or die season.
    If we are are ever going to play the two up front regularly and wilson does sign then for me it would be Wilson and Main with May doing the workhorse stuff in behind and and just basically being a nuisance to defenders.

I know that will never happen but I would like to see it as it would also encourage us to play football instead of hoofball

Either way I think Wilson will be a good signing if it happens.

And I agree that Bruce could benefit from another season out on loan

Think May’s had it. I’d rather give Gauld an opportunity to refind form than persist with Stevie.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    wrong
    Apologies, I stand corrected. I had assumed window would be 31 August but I see that is a Saturday. Fingers crossed that Warburton isn’t sacked until after 2nd September then!!

At least the club haven't announced it yet so still a chance Wilson isn't coming back 🤞

Paul Coutts signs a 2 year deal with Fleetwood Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The question is, who's fault would that be? If McInnes had played him every week he would have scored a lot more - instead he picked May who could play for 100 years without scoring. People questioning his attitude - imagine how you'd feel if you were signed on loan, given the 9 shirt and told to sit on the bench most of the season while Sam Cosgrove and Stevie May are picked ahead of you? I'd be miserable too. This is why i'm slightly surprised he's come back up - as he also has Main for competition. Wilson is miles ahead of the other 3 in terms of ability, but I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if Cosgrove, Main and May are all given more game time than Wilson next season - just the way McInnes is.

If Wilson joins, I'd go with this lineup from our current squad...
    Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Leigh
    McGinn Ferguson Bryson Hedges
    Wilson Cosgrove

442 - which suits our central midfielders best as they are box to box players, and suits Wilson best as he can play just off and around Cosgrove.
    People are going on as if Wilson never got a chance.

He made 14 starts and done next to fvck all in them,the only defence people seem to have for him is that he is better than May.

If some folk are happy we have signed him because he is better than May then fair enough,personally I thought the pair of them weren’t good enough but I hope he proves me wrong.

As for the formation I can’t see McInnes changing his tried and tested 4-2-3-1 with players shoe horned into the formation,Wilson will be used out wide as much as he does up front.

It's fishul' now. On the club website.

Page 262 of 421 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast