+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 421 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    No. I don’t think we’ll be bottom 6.
    Where we will be can only be guessed come August when the squads of all the teams are in place.

Right now? A guess...
    Fighting for 3rd with Hearts & Hibs.
    Killie 6th if Clarke leaves.
    I thought Clarke would be in with a real good shout of the Fulham job but I see that Scott Parker has got it so unless he gets the Scotland gig there's every chance he will at least start next season with Killie

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's my point.

Supporters like afc1903mad and JJ will have us being a Dundee United type club. Celebrating being not utter pish.
    You don’t have a clue Aldo.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Taylor is on his way back if MainStandMoan feels the need to comment...I'm not overly distressed like I say
    Agree - Ash Taylor is not the worst CH I’ve seen in recent years.

Big, strong, good in the air & a real threat at set pieces.

The brain farts were/are a worry - but if in the last 2 years he’s realised he’s nae Franco Baresi & gained the experience to cut back on the f’uck ups then we could do a lot worse.

As far as I’m aware he’s nae been freed, he’s on the transfer list along with some others. Guess Northampton may have some cash concerns (imagine a lower league Nigel team overspending) so are cutting their cloth.

The boy Main fae Motherwell though - just no. I’d rather keep Wilson & that’s saying something.

If there’s a minimal fee involved - would rather see a move for Heneghan. Would agree with a play-as-you-play contract for Hoban. Ball would be fine as cover on a low contract.

Get these out the way and sort out the heart and creativity. If that hasn’t been identified over last six months...

The fear is our outfield play will become worse than last night. Crucial decision-making and identifying to change that. Get your white sox on Del.

If the management team was really working two windows ahead, we’d have picked off the best for a provincial team rather than last scramble ending up with worse than we had.

Crucial window - most pessimistic about it without decent names already signed on.

Tough times, again. At least there’s the ****ey out of town stadium ahead...
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 11-05-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Confusing...

McInnes said: “Ash met my head of recruitment at a game a couple of weeks ago – I don’t know if there’s anything more than that. We’d like to bring in another centre-back and there’s five or six under consideration.

“We’ll weigh everything up but it’s news to me, other than a conversation he had with my head of recruitment at a game a couple of weeks ago.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    No. I don’t think we’ll be bottom 6.
    Where we will be can only be guessed come August when the squads of all the teams are in place.

Right now? A guess...
    Fighting for 3rd with Hearts & Hibs.
    Killie 6th if Clarke leaves.
    If Clarke leaves Killie I doubt they would make top 6
    Having thought about it if McInnes is still in charge I'd be confident about us making top 6 - can't say what the fitba would be like - but I'd be less confident about top 6 with a new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    If Clarke leaves Killie I doubt they would make top 6
    Having thought about it if McInnes is still in charge I'd be confident about us making top 6 - can't say what the fitba would be like - but I'd be less confident about top 6 with a new manager.
    Other than this season, I think we've been very fortunate with the quality of football under McInnes. This is Scottish football after all - how many teams play even half decent football?

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Other than this season, I think we've been very fortunate with the quality of football under McInnes. This is Scottish football after all - how many teams play even half decent football?
    I agree we have played well over the years. I suppose we stick fairly rigidly to 4231 but when we have no wingers and no consistent goal scorer I.e. Rooney type, that formation has resulted in some turgid stuff.

We need to buy in known quantities if possible. Ash Taylor would be ok. Over the years our best signings have when identifying players at lower clubs who can step up. The latest one is young Fergie. More of the same please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Roll the dice, one has to stay fit eventually!!
    Think you mean spin the Tombola machine

Page 53 of 421 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast