+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    According to the daily express we've agreed a deal with Curtis Main,are in talks with Ash Taylor but also dundee defender Nathan Ralph being mentioned too,i dont know anything about the boy Ralph,pretty uninspiring to say the least
    Something to look forward to.
    No need to replace Shinnie as Taylor & AN other can lump 60 yard punts to Main & Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Something to look forward to.
    No need to replace Shinnie as Taylor & AN other can lump 60 yard punts to Main & Cosgrove.
    Maybe that means Cosgrove is off in a mega bucks deal to some bang average english club?? Can't see the need for both.

agreed - its hard to see why we'd need both

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    agreed - its hard to see why we'd need both
    I don't know much about him, but Main has only reached double figures once in his career, and that was 10 (according to Wiki) Not a striker worth signing

Ah ya bunch of miserable gits. Welcome aboard Curtis Main. I look forward to you banging them in for the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I don't know much about him, but Main has only reached double figures once in his career, and that was 10 (according to Wiki) Not a striker worth signing
    Ach what are we moaning at.
    He’s cover for Stevie May.
    We need cover for another striker who doesn’t score.
    Jesus wept.
    Main & Cosgrove up front?
    Those drones better get taken out the sky, they’ll be in grave danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    I'd prefer we just kept playing Cosgrove (a sentence I never thought i'd ever write). If we cash in on Cosgrove surely we can get better than Curtis Main.

I said at the start of last season I didn't think Cosgrove and May would get 10 goals between them. It was looking very likely that would be right until Cosgrove hit his purple patch in December and then chipped in with a few in the second half of the season, but I could see that being a one season wonder for him - he's not a natural finisher - look at the goal against Hibs, was fluke more than anything the way the ball bounced off one leg, onto the other and then he was able to take the shot - pretty sure he never meant it. His penalty was absolutely atrocious too. And Stevie May could play the next 5 seasons and not get to double figures.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah, probably more of a goalkeeper
    I agree, a keeper indeed!��... and see the size of her glasses!

Ralph seems to tick all the boxes ...
    Spent most of his career plying his trade in the English lower leagues.
    Has a rich history of injuries.
    Can play Left Back of Left Wing, standing out in neither.

Main's a bulldog, all physicality, no technical ability and doesn't score goals.

Taylor's potentially a good signing. Was sorry to see him leave last time.

All in the players we're being linked with are somewhat less than inspiring.
    Might make for an effective side, in a Potteresque, top six team of thugs kind of way.
    But we're likely to be even less easy on the eye than we have been this season.

Nathan Ralph was there POTY but they were horse sh1t so doesn't mean too much.

Ash Taylor won't be back up, he'll be first on the team sheet. Maybe he wasn't that bad the first time round but we should always try to replace with better.

Page 77 of 421 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast