+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 170 of 421 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Sam Roscoe transferred to Ayr Utd
    The last player they signed from us did well for them
    Michael Rose, who's just got himself a decent move to England.
    Good signing for Ayr, but Roscoe was never likely to get game time at Aberdeen given Devlin, McKenna, Taylor & Considine are all ahead of him.
    Thought he might've got a 2 year contract and loaned out for one more year to the likes of an Ayr.
    Jim Goodwin thought highly of him at Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My feeling is that he'll start the season at left back.
    McInnes will wait until the last week of August to see if we can get Max Lowe back.
    If, as I suspect that won't happen, he'll loan another youngish, attack-minded left back from the Championship in England.
    So Considine for the "European run" (no laughing!) and the first league cup tie and the first 4 or 5 league games - what a thought!
    This is exactly what will happen.

My prediction is we'll end up with a loanee LB, defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder who can play wide or central. That's only 3 loans which is less than we normally end up with, so maybe another random loan signing who'll sit on the bench all season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The last player they signed from us did well for them
    Michael Rose, who's just got himself a decent move to England.
    Good signing for Ayr, but Roscoe was never likely to get game time at Aberdeen given Devlin, McKenna, Taylor & Considine are all ahead of him.
    Thought he might've got a 2 year contract and loaned out for one more year to the likes of an Ayr.
    Jim Goodwin thought highly of him at Alloa
    Michael Rose is a hardy loon. One of Ayrs best players v The Staggies when i was there

I have never liked Cosgrove. I don't think he is a good player although he sometimes shows flashes of ability. I felt most of the goals he scored were weak, I mean with no real power behind them. He is slow and not very mobile and seems lazy to me. But to be fair he scored enough goals to look like a replacement for Rooney. I don't think that need be a flash in the pan though. If he was more motivated most of time I think he could put up a better showing. I am certainly not in favour of selling him at this point unless we bring in a twenty goal per season type striker to replace him.

I am not a fan of Main either, but he will surely score more than Stevie May. If we could move May on, and get someone who remembers what a striker does, in to replace him, that would be a good bit of business as far as I am concerned.

I think we need to know what GMS is doing next season though, before we get another attacking midfielder in. He is a talented player but has all the toughness of a strand of overcooked spaghetti. If he could man up a bit he would be worth keeping though.

I had no idea Shaughnessy knocked us back, thats obviously why Taylor was signed, settling for 2nd choice again! And ball! It's not hard to understand why these 2 turned there back on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I had no idea Shaughnessy knocked us back, thats obviously why Taylor was signed, settling for 2nd choice again! And ball! It's not hard to understand why these 2 turned there back on us.
    He didnt knock us back, we pulled the offer.

he was interviewed a couple days back and he said he had no ill feeling to aberdeen for pulling their offer.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...from-football/
    Last edited by DandiesLegend; 14-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.

He's just saying the right things to not appear too awkward to potential suitors.

Saints and Dons would very much say he has been awkward to deal with

Aberdeen apparently have signed 17 year old Mike Ruth from Queens Park.
    SevCo and Hibs were also reportedly linked with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DandiesLegend View Post
    He didnt knock us back, we pulled the offer.

he was interviewed a couple days back and he said he had no ill feeling to aberdeen for pulling their offer.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...from-football/
    Can't see him taking up the offer. He was courted a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Aberdeen apparently have signed 17 year old Mike Ruth from Queens Park.
    SevCo and Hibs were also reportedly linked with him.
    He was training with Sevco last year as well.

Page 170 of 421 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast