+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 421 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Agree with all this - I don't understand what the point in someone like Chelsea loaning 40 players out every season is - about 38 of them are never ever going to play for Chelsea first team anyway. Why don't they save themselves a load of money and just not buy those 38 players in the first place.

For us, we tend to get about 1 loan deal right every season - this year it's been Lowe (and I guess Ball has done fine too, but he was here last year as well). The rest have been useless. As have most of our signings.

By the end of this season we'll have signed Forrester for £200k who made about 5 sub appearances before being released; Halford who quite possibly won't have played a single game; Gleeson who'll have made a handful of substitute appearances. Wilson on loan will have made a few sub appearances, Hoban on loan played about 3 times and was injured the rest of the time, Stewart played a few times and then disappeared.

If we have another transfer window as rubbish as last summer we're going to be absolutely honking next season given that quite a few are likely to leave and need replaced.
    We are obviously hindered during the transfer windows due to a lack of cash...nothing else would explain our constant shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are obviously hindered during the transfer windows due to a lack of cash...nothing else would explain our constant shortcomings.
    I daresay any coach of any team that needs something new would like to purchase said item in Harrods, only a few chairmen would allow that, some go to Harvey Nicks, some go to M&S, a couple to Sainsbury’s and I’m afraid our present coach’s chairman gives him only enough money to spend in Asda......that is the reality.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I daresay any coach of any team that needs something new would like to purchase said item in Harrods, only a few chairmen would allow that, some go to Harvey Nicks, some go to M&S, a couple to Sainsbury’s and I’m afraid our present coach’s chairman gives him only enough money to spend in Asda......that is the reality.

SF
    Asda....more like Aldi.

We would be shopping at Asda if we used the DNA money

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

SF
    Good analogy. The thing is you can get some good quality stuff at lower prices in the likes of Aldi, Lidl, with the occasional bargain from some of the more expensive shops. We seem to be shopping in the damaged items bins in these places - picking up players who are past their sell by date, or badly damaged.

Noticed on the BBC Gossip page today from one of the papers that McInnes hasn't ruled out moving for James Wilson on a permanent deal in the summer when his Man Utd contract is up.

Absolute madness if he tries to sign him permanently... 1) his wage demands will be utterly ridiculous. 2) he's had him on loan all season and has hardly played him - another player we've wasted money on.

Undoubtedly a good player - I don't know why McInnes doesn't play him more. Folk say he doesn't look motivated etc - hardly surprising when he's stuck on the bench every week and possibly gets on for 5 minutes at the end.

Completely agree that it would be a crazy move. I just hope he is trying to motivate Wilson to at least give some sort of effort for the last few games(lacking to date) that he has a chance of a contract next season

Good analogy. The thing is you can get some good quality stuff at lower prices in the likes of Aldi, Lidl, with the occasional bargain from some of the more expensive shops. We seem to be shopping in the damaged items bins in these places - picking up players who are past their sell by date, or badly damaged.
    If were hunting in the bargain basement bins, then surely were looking in the more expensive shops, rather than the lower status stores.
    I agree, you can get some very good quality product there, but you do have to be very selective and their not quite the standard of the better stores.

My pals a slaughterman and he says if you are to buy beef buy it in Aldi as that's where the best bitties go

I love playing Aldi wine roulette. Some of it is great, some of it is minging, all of it gets drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My pals a slaughterman and he says if you are to buy beef buy it in Aldi as that's where the best bitties go
    I know someone in the business and they've always said that as well.

Page 9 of 421 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast